[suggestion]React-o-Pack HAYO! [EDIT] Genpacks

• Have you ever gone down in a mine and thought, darnit my laser/drill went dead, gotta go back to the surface?
    well, not anymore, with the gen-o-pack, and the react-o-pack, you can go on extended mining expeditions, power blocks such as electric furnaces with them, and never run out of power again (barring accidents).

part 1: gen-o-pack
    materials:
    1 generator
    1 batpack
    6 leather
    1 carbon plate

made like this:
    MinecraftCow :Generator: MinecraftCow

MinecraftCow :Batpack: MinecraftCow

MinecraftCow :Compressed Coal Ball: MinecraftCow

where MinecraftCow =leather and :Compressed Coal Ball: =carbon plate

part 2 backpack reactor

anyways, the materials:
    1 reactor chamber (not the reactor)
    4 mixed metal alloy ingots
    9 near depleted uranium fuel cells
    2 advanced circuits
    2 carbon fiber plates
    1 lappack

first step: extract the cells, and craft the depleted uranium with the mixed metal alloy ingots. like so:
    :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot:
    :Uranium Ingot: :Alloy:
    take the product and compress it to make uran-triferrite plates ( :Coal Chunk: =uran-triferrite plate, :Compressed Coal Ball: =carbon plate)

then craft the 3 uran-triferrite plates, 2 adv. circuits, 2 carbon plates, reactor chamber, and lappack to get the React-o-Pack.
    :Advanced Circuit: :Coal Chunk: :Advanced Circuit:

:Coal Chunk: :Reactor: :Coal Chunk:

:Compressed Coal Ball: :Batpack: :Compressed Coal Ball:

Cooling this piece of advanced tech tokes another piece of tech, a peltier unit. craft like this:
    :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell:

:Coolant Cell: :Advanced Circuit: :Coolant Cell:

:Cable: :Compressed Coal Ball: :Cable:

where :Compressed Coal Ball: = carbon plates

each react-o-pack has 2 cooling slots, one for each fuel sorce.

so strap one on and go mine!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use: press "f" to access the gui, for adding fuel, and charging things that don't auto charge.
    press "u" while looking at a machine to power it while you are in a 3 block radius of it.

• Tier 4 lappack, ten new recipies without any other use and no actual values from someone with one post, no.

• No mentioned amounts of energy storage nor amount of energy production when functioning as a reactor.

its a working idea, with time... but the storage should be about 90% of lappack, and energy production, idk probably about 128 eu/t
    could also charge mfsu/mfe/batbox while you access their gui's

• its a working idea, with time... but the storage should be about 90% of lappack, and energy production, idk probably about 128 eu/t
    could also charge mfsu/mfe/batbox while you access their gui's

You basically just said that 2 uranium dust+Iridium plate=128EU/t*20(ticks)*200(days*minutes)=512k EU. If you would get that amount of energy from two uranium alone that would be inefficient enough, and you say that it also needs a 4,6 million EU, a diamond and some extra advanced alloy costing iridium plate? Balance? Never heard of it.

• you have a better idea? please share instead of bitching about my post. be CONSTRUCTIVE.

They are lots of "better" ideas in this particular subforum, not exactly the best or even good ideas, but certainly better than this one.

Like people have said, no plans of anything better than lappack its on the works or will be on the works for that matter, and a nuclear reactor as a backpack? Oh boy i would stop smoking if i where you since it sound like the worst idea ever both logically (I Mean a fudging Nuclear reactor in a backpack?! Poor steve. didn't know he was radiation man...) and game experience (Again, a fudging Nuclear Reactor as a backpack! I would have passed if it where something like a windmill backpack or a watermill backpack but a nuclear reactor backpack?!) speaking.

• I don't really see the point in a reactorpack. My lappack provides me with (literal) days of mining happily and no way my lappack is empty before I run out of space.
    In the case of a mining laser, i suspect 128eu/t will provide you with a longer lasting time than a lappack but then again, your inventory space will run out rather soon.

Also, why do you start from a T4 genpack? Wouldn't it be more logical if you start from a lower tier? (as in generator + 2 leather = genpackT1)
    And you might be wanting to change the recipes, the general rule here is that no new item construction items or resources are implemented unless it has a ton of uses.

You make 3 new items for only 1 in-game useful item. Depleted uranium ingot, uran-triferrite, peltier unit...
    I think this best gets some rework. (and you might take a look at the archieves just in case something like this already got denied, saves you a headache later)

I like depleted uranium ingots though, they make excellent armour penetrating bullets

• I think it's a cool idea! Don't worry, it's hardly possible to post any suggestion without everyone else bashing it! For some reason this is over powered or unbalanced but a the tread with ar teir 4 machine that automatically creates other machines gets rave reviews from the usual negative posters :rolleyes:

Portable generators are a good idea in a game like MC where you'll be moving building and exploring a huge world!

• They are lots of "better" ideas in this particular subforum, not exactly the best or even good ideas, but certainly better than this one.

Like people have said, no plans of anything better than lappack its on the works or will be on the works for that matter, and a nuclear reactor as a backpack?

yeah, almost as crazy as an electric jetpack or matter generator :rolleyes:

And where exactly are you getting your info for what's planned for future updates?

• yeah, almost as crazy as an electric jetpack or matter generator :rolleyes:

And where exactly are you getting your info for what's planned for future updates?

Jetpack Introduced Uses Fuel
    Electric Jetpack Introduces Uses EU instead of Fuel, weaker than the regular jetpack.

Whats so crazy about that again?

And i just ignore the existence of the matter generator for the most part of my game, only remembering i needed it for iridium and then forget it exist again. The most annoying machine in the game.

And i get my info from this forum, believe it or not i can actually read!

• Jetpacks are crazy logically just like you think backpack reactors are, except portable nuclear reactors actually exist.

Maybe you can just ignore this like you ignore the matter generator.

• I see! Always fun to learn something new! :D

But aside from that, I still dont see the need of a portable generator. In what situations would you need it? When would it be better than a Lappack?