Suggestion: [Artifical Uranium]

• Name:
    Artifical Uranium

Description:
    I suggest a way to create uranium from UUM. It was removed because people exploited the recipe by creating near-depleted cells, breeding them and creating more energy than spent on creating the UUM for the uranium. I have an idea how that problem could be avoided while having a UUM-recipe for uranium: First, you would have to create a ball of UUM which would then be used to create artifical UraniUM (or other high-cost items) which could be used for nukes or uranium cells, but not near-depleted cells.

Recipe:
    (
    :Force Field: =nothing)
    :Force Field: :Matter: :Force Field:
    :Matter: :Force Field: :Matter:
    (if already used, the item that is made by this recipe would get a different recipe)

or

:Matter: :Matter: :Matter:
    (if already used, the item that is made by this recipe would get a different recipe)

or

:Matter: :Force Field: :Matter:

or

(if already used, the item that is made by this recipe would by created by putting the UUM-ball into the crafting grid)

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• REMOVE THE "Already Used"-tags under the Recipes!!!!!!

Right, forgot that. Sorry. I added "If" to all of them.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Good and now my Input:

Why do you want to UUM-Produce Uranium if you cant use a Nuclearreactor effective with it? Nukes?

Actually, that's one of the reasons. The second reason is that it is a finite resource and (the only one?) that cannot be created using UUM.

• if you can't get out more energy than you put in to the point that all green gens are obsolete then there is no point to uum uranium. its like lightning rods in peoples eyes its either "OP" or not worth it.

i never got how people hated uranium from uum :huh: . nukes are end game power and uum is the end game resource you would think they would go well together. let me guess it was a solar spammers idea wasn't it :evil:

i say bring back the old recipe and let me breed uranium in piece :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Ura has to be finite. Because it can create up to 10 000 000 EU without refueling, so, how would you make a recipe using more than 9 UU-matter ?

Moreover, "a lot of" your recipes are already used.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Ura has to be finite. Because it can create up to 10 000 000 EU without refueling

how is this bad? a cheap solar panel can make infinite eu while never refueling. if i went through the effort to make uranium from uum and breed it i should be rewarded for it.

i heard the old recipe was either
    :Matter::Force Field::Matter:

or

:Matter::Matter::Matter:

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Yes, but Nuclear is supposed to be non-renewable.
    And if using refueling + CASUC, you could have more than 10 000 000 EU/Uranium Cells.
    As Sebra suggested, Near Depleted cells could be used ... but the problem is the same for very efficient CASUC: With 8 Water bucket per sec, you can already create one Diamond per Ura with UUM (the max efficienty is about 8 900 000 with it).
    And it would need another recipes than Diamond, of course. So how making Ura harder to get with UUM that what it can produce ?
    It would need 2 followings crafts, isn't it ?

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Yes, but Nuclear is supposed to be non-renewable. says who? it was another solar spammer wasn't it?
    And if using refueling + CASUC, you could have more than 10 000 000 EU/Uranium Cells. not all of us are multi-mod using nuclear geniuses and if we were why shouldn't we be able to achieve these sorts of numbers?
    As Sebra suggested, Near Depleted cells could be used ... but the problem is the same for very efficient CASUC: With 8 Water bucket per sec, you can already create one Diamond per Ura with UUM (the max efficienty is about 8 900 000 with it). again not all of us are multi-mod using nuclear geniuses and if we were why shouldn't we be able to achieve these sorts of numbers?
    And it would need another recipes than Diamond, of course. So how making Ura harder to get with UUM that what it can produce ?says who the old recipe looks good to me its been vacant since uranium-uum was removed
    It would need 2 followings crafts, isn't it ? why?

so what is bad about horribly complex renewable nuclear again?

• personally i don't find uum uranium any more harmful to "ballance" then 10,000eu/t green gen farms if your running a server and have problems with it then disable the recipe

• Personally, I think breeding either needs to be slightly more forgiving, or Uranium world spawns need to increase...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• You forgot the Scrap! Its makes all 83,3% cheaper! Uhhm, forgot what i've said, there is nothing to make it easier to produce and i'm not an Evil Genius, who will take over the World with that. Please proceed.Yes, I forgot the scrap.It could help a bit.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• seriously no one will be worse off if players can get more eu from uranium than it costs to make

• seriously no one will be worse off if players can get more eu from uranium than it costs to make

I'm not against Ura from UU-matter.
    But I think that, if it has not already been implemented, that's because Alblaka think about what I said. (Exploitable bug/energy gain)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I'm not against Ura from UU-matter.
    But I think that, if it has not already been implemented, that's because Alblaka think about what I said. (Exploitable bug/energy gain)

Nice Rainbow you have there, it would be a ssssssshame if something happens to it.

Do we really want to make Uranium more OP, because of "Solarnerfers"?

• I'm not against Ura from UU-matter.

its a bug if it wasn't intentional. I'm say it should be brought back as a intended feature. even with the old recipe you would need a eff of at least 3 (mk3 dangerous and needs to be baby sat) or a breeder(also dangerous and often needs to be baby sat) just to break even. sure you can use scrap to make uum cheaper but that is a time consuming process to get enough trash and run it through the recycler with out mods

Do we really want to make Uranium more OP, because of "Solarnerfers"?

what i'm saying is the benefits are balanced against all that the trouble you have to go through to pull this off and make it practical. this isn't like letting you directly pump water into a reactor to make a herpderp casuc you actually have to use your brain and take some risks to get infinite uranium setup that gives you a big enough energy surplus to make it worth it.

• its a bug if it wasn't intentional. I'm say it should be brought back as a intended feature. even with the old recipe you would need a eff of at least 3 (mk3 dangerous and needs to be baby sat) or a breeder(also dangerous and often needs to be baby sat) just to break even. sure you can use scrap to make uum cheaper but that is a time consuming process to get enough trash and run it through the recycler with out mods

I know that's not a bug. That's why I add "/energy gain"
    And without mods, it's a bit difficult, I know. But how many people are playing IC² without RP or at least BC ?

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I know that's not a bug. That's why I add "/energy gain"
    And without mods, it's a bit difficult, I know. But how many people are playing IC² without RP or at least BC ?

until frames came out me for starters :D and even with mods you can't herpderp your way to infinite energy any easier than building a solar farm. infinite uranium is a reward for doing it the hard way and using your brain to design an intricate system.