[Suggestion] Permanent upgrades.

• Maby its just my play style but its always bugged me that i can just shift upgrades around to different machines that i am using.

My suggested change is to make upgrades permanent, In a way similar to Thaumcraft, You may ask "But what if i want to move my machine?" lets call machines without upgrades stock machines and machines with upgrades modded machines.
    If you wanted to move a stock machine it would behave in the same way that they currently do, dropping a block that can be stacked. on the other hand, if you were to move a modded machine then it would drop a unstackabkle block that still maintains the upgrades.
    Visual representation:
    (Going to add them in afew minutes)

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Maby its just my play style but its always bugged me that i can just shift upgrades around to different machines that i am using.

My suggested change is to make upgrades permanent, In a way similar to Thaumcraft, You may ask "But what if i want to move my machine?" lets call machines without upgrades stock machines and machines with upgrades modded machines.
    If you wanted to move a stock machine it would behave in the same way that they currently do, dropping a block that can be stacked. on the other hand, if you were to move a modded machine then it would drop a unstackabkle block that still maintains the upgrades.
    Visual representation:
    (Going to add them in afew minutes)

Why? ?( Why do you propose an idea that would make lots of people unhappy? Do you think that being able to customise your machines is OP? 8|
    If so, just stick an upgrade in and dont remove it if you think its OP.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Official Post

If its similar to Thaumcraft, then why not: Put Upgrade into via rightclick on the Machine, and then if you dont need it anymore, put every single Upgrade out via the Wrench before beginning dismantling, like with the Wand of Reversal, but if you dont use the Losslessmode, then the Upgrades are having a chance to break.

• If its similar to Thaumcraft, then why not: Put Upgrade into via rightclick on the Machine, and then if you dont need it anymore, put every single Upgrade out via the Wrench before beginning dismantling, like with the Wand of Reversal, but if you dont use the Losslessmode, then the Upgrades are having a chance to break.

Seems like a reasonable enough compromise.
    And as far as adding something that would make people unhappy, why not add a config option? configs are there to help us customize how we wanna play.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• If its similar to Thaumcraft, then why not: Put Upgrade into via rightclick on the Machine, and then if you dont need it anymore, put every single Upgrade out via the Wrench before beginning dismantling, like with the Wand of Reversal, but if you dont use the Losslessmode, then the Upgrades are having a chance to break.

Oh sweet i gotta click xx times before i can actualy break my machine...

• Seems like a reasonable enough compromise.
    And as far as adding something that would make people unhappy, why not add a config option? configs are there to help us customize how we wanna play.

I'm with GT on this. If it bothers you that you can swap upgrades, don't swap them.
    Making it a config option doesn't change anything. If you don't have the will power to not swap them, you're just going to open up the config file and allow yourself to swap them when you want to anyways.

You want a personal preference to be added as a config option.

I personally don't use any of the IC2 armors as they seem OP to me. I don't need a config option to disable them, I just don't make them for myself while playing.

• Official Post

I'm with GT on this. If it bothers you that you can swap upgrades, don't swap them.
    Making it a config option doesn't change anything. If you don't have the will power to not swap them, you're just going to open up the config file and allow yourself to swap them when you want to anyways.

You want a personal preference to be added as a config option.

I personally don't use any of the IC2 armors as they seem OP to me. I don't need a config option to disable them, I just don't make them for myself while playing.

These configs are for SMP.