Suggestion: Advanced Jetpacks

• Official Post

Tired of your jetpack lasting too few time? That it can't work the way you want?The Advanced Jetpack is an upgrade of the jetpack, which upgrades its storage (either fuel or energy) and adds new modes to it.
    Fuel\Energy Storage is increased 25 times.
    Due new Advanced jetpack fuel storage being bigger, scientists created a new fuel made from UUM + other products. [Go to recipe]
    2 Super Fuel + Canning machine + Advanced Jetpack (Fuel) = Full Advanced Jetpack.
    Edit: Also jetpack height limit should be increased by 15 to both jetpacks. [Make normal jetpack reach highest placeable block, and increase a bit electric jetpack height limit.]

Advanced Electric Jetpack can only be charged inside a MFSU. [Same speed as Qsuit is.]

• Well thought out, excellent idea. Only problem I see is with the safe landing mode. I try that with my normal one, and it doesn't work. Maybe applying invincibility on ground hit? Like, Resistance IV? Other than that, this idea looks great.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Official Post

Well thought out, excellent idea. Only problem I see is with the safe landing mode. I try that with my normal one, and it doesn't work. Maybe applying invincibility on ground hit? Like, Resistance IV? Other than that, this idea looks great.

Thats a bug that has been fixed for next patch. [Fall damage accumulates, and even if you slow down you take all damage].

• Official Post

+1 for this 4 modes, but I think the Advanced Jetpack you suggest is too expensive to be used.

Not in my opinion, as they hold as much energy as the Qsuit parts does. Also they are multi-use jetpacks. Which is great for building, elevator, speed travel with no obstacles in your way, etc. If Safe-mode could be toggled together with any other mod together, would be even more usefull.

• Thats a bug that has been fixed for next patch. [Fall damage accumulates, and even if you slow down you take all damage].

Awesome. I find that super annoying, because you have to fly down things in stages. Or land in water.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• I see little to no point in making a new item with 25-times the flight time of the normal (electric) jetpack, as you can fly a nice five minutes with it without a recharge. The new modes you suggested seem awesome though, so maybe it is worth implementing as long as the horizontal mode is slower than quantum legs, as 50 minutes midair in "quantum speed" seems to make the leggings rather useless as the jetpack is a lot cheaper and also allows you to fly(duh, jetpack...who would have guessed). A more reasonable flight time for the adv. electric jetpack with the modes would be max 15 minutes so that uses way more energy than the legs.

• Official Post

I see little to no point in making a new item with 25-times the flight time of the normal (electric) jetpack, as you can fly a nice five minutes with it without a recharge. The new modes you suggested seem awesome though, so maybe it is worth implementing as long as the horizontal mode is slower than quantum legs, as 50 minutes midair in "quantum speed" seems to make the leggings rather useless as the jetpack is a lot cheaper and also allows you to fly(duh, jetpack...who would have guessed). A more reasonable flight time for the adv. electric jetpack with the modes would be max 15 minutes so that uses way more energy than the legs.

Normal jetpack flight time is about 1 minute. Electric 1 and 30 s.
    So adv one would last for 25 min (fuel) and 37 and 30s (electric) with no modes. Using modes would decrease this time.

• Test results: a fully charged electric jetpack has enough power for over 6 minutes of flight(I had the jetpack in hover mode). Being/not being in hover mode doesn't does seem to affect the flight duration, and not continuously pressing spacebar, as in normal use, would of course make you able to fly for a even longer time without recharging the jetpack.

Check out this awesome mod !

Edited once, last by jppk1 ().

• I always though that the electric jet pack was an upgraded fuel jet pack but i like this, +1

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• In PvP a squad of jetpack soldiers is a MUST for hit and run tactics. And I want to try Rocket mode for quick extractions and ninja missions.

So +1 for this.

• Thats a bug that has been fixed for next patch. [Fall damage accumulates, and even if you slow down you take all damage].

Sorry but assuming there is a next patch is just silly ;)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I'd personally want an atomic jetpack. Uranium goes in, flight (and cancer) come out.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Not in my opinion, as they hold as much energy as the Qsuit parts does. Also they are multi-use jetpacks. Which is great for building, elevator, speed travel with no obstacles in your way, etc. If Safe-mode could be toggled together with any other mod together, would be even more usefull.

Ok, I see.
    +1 for the modes AND the adv. Jetpack so.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I'd personally want an atomic jetpack. Uranium goes in, flight (and cancer) come out.

wish granted! ;) [Suggestion] Nuclear jetpack

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• New Modes
    Creative flight : While in this mode it sustains your actual height. This mode consumes 1.5x Energy/Fuel than normal. [Press Space to go up, Shift [Sneak] to go down]

To distinguish it from creative slight slow position instability can be added.
    I hope this mode will be on NukeJet to come.

Rocket mode: Quadruples vertical flight speed, but consumes 5 times Energy/Fuel. [This is like an elevator jetpack]
    Horizontal mode: Press Ctrl while in air to give a decent boost in horizontal. [Like using Quantum Legs speed while in air]. This mode consumes 2.5x Energy/Fuel than normal.

Those modes do not interfere. Just fast in all directions.

Safe Landing mode: This mode Makes jetpack sets off a small/big burst when landing, depending on fall speed, effectively nullifying fall damage. Energy/Fuel usage is 1.2x than normal.

Not need to be a mode. Should be auto on advanced tool.

Summary: no need for modes.
    Double Jump -> Jet on;
    Touch ground -> Jet off.
    When on:
    Jump -> increase speed up;
    Sneak -> increase speed down (calculate landing speed, auto decrease vert/hor speed in danger);
    Ctrl -> increase horizontal speed;
    Arrows -> move in selected direction;
    no controls pressed -> decrease any speed, slow random movement (not ideal "creative" fixed in air position).

• Not need to be a mode. Should be auto on advanced tool.

I agree with you for the first quote. But I think we should have juste 2 modes: 1 Travelling mode (a very fast one, as already suggested, but not divided in Horizontal/Vertical modes) and 1 "Creative" mode, to build.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• A fully charged Electric Jetpack can work for about 80 seconds (10 seconds less than the normal Jetpack). Unlike the normal Jetpack, the Electric one remains powerful right until it drains the charge completely. It can be recharged in an MFE Transmitter or an MFS Unit and requires 30,000 EU to fully charge.

Why is this on the wiki when flight time is like 6 mins according to tests in this topic? Needs to be updated i guess xd. I could update it but i need to know the exact flight time then (bit busy with university atm no time for minecraft).

• To jet off I prefer a button, with that we'll have more manoeuvrability