VOTE: Tekkit servers on the server section

• Should Tekkit servers be allowed in the servers section? 104

1. No, they belong in the Technic forum (53) 51%
    2. Yes, they have IC2 so they should be here (17) 16%
    3. Yes, Tekkit is a major modpack (13) 13%
    4. No, other reason (10) 10%
    5. No, other modpacks shouldn't be too (9) 9%
    6. Yes, other reason (2) 2%

I see people in here have mixed opinions about having Tekkit servers on the server section, so I put up this poll.

• Go to the Technicpackforums and you see, which people are Posting their Servers there. Do you really think, that an Army of childish n00bs should be here to advertise their strange and not really worked out Servers?

That's a good answer, too.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Oh, I'm a heavy user of the technicpack forums. One of the first 50 signups actually.
    Many of the servers are run quite well.

If you insist on blocking out a portion of the IC2 userbase just because they use tekkit, please atleast sticky a post stating "Modpack servers can be found through these links." and link to the various modpack server forums.
    Or do you just have a problem with tekkit specifically?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

• Oh, I'm a heavy user of the technicpack forums. One of the first 50 signups actually.
    Many of the servers are run quite well.

If you insist on blocking out a portion of the IC2 userbase just because they use tekkit, please atleast sticky a post stating "Modpack servers can be found through these links." and link to the various modpack server forums.
    Or do you just have a problem with tekkit specifically?

Quote from Nanomanz

Yes. It does not have all the Mods permission that are in it, and it has it's own forum.

See? I already told you.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Please don't try to start a permission flamewar.

And "it has it's own forum." That's a bit unfair as I know you didn't vote "No, other modpacks shouldn't be too."

I'm just looking for fair treatment of the modpack I use, so as not to continue breeding the venomous hatred I've already experienced here.

• changing the status-quo could spark a flame war. not a fun one but a legit flame war. I would prefer it if that didn't happen so I'm siding with the technic users on this one.

possible compromises
    1. make the rules for posting a tekkit server stricter( the tekkit server must be of decent quality)
    2. make a separate subforum for tekkit servers with high quality ones eventually getting stickied on the main server page
    3. require tekkit servers to post warnings that say ICforums will not help with bugs, balance, or technical issues
    4. redirect tekkit users to technic forums with stickies(last resort)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

And "it has it's own forum." That's a bit unfair as I know you didn't vote "No, other modpacks shouldn't be too."

Yes, it has its own Forum, so why should they Post it here, huh? Tekkit is, even if it has no permissions, a SMP-Modpack with its own Forum, so should we get all the Attention of these tekkitusing people, by letting Tekkit-Servers List also here? Hell No! Tekkit is their Stuff, even if it contains also our Stuff, with or without permission, so they should get the Serverposts of their Modpack in their Forum. If these Tekkitusers want to get Tekkitservers, then they should get them ON ONE CENTRAL PLACE!, instead of looking for them in the IC²-Forums, THATS BETTER FOR EVERYONE!

• Yes, it has its own Forum, so why should they Post it here, huh? Tekkit is, even if it has no permissions, a SMP-Modpack with its own Forum, so should we get all the Attention of these tekkitusing people, by letting Tekkit-Servers List also here? Hell No! Tekkit is their Stuff, even if it contains also our Stuff, with or without permission, so they should get the Serverposts of their Modpack in their Forum. If these Tekkitusers want to get Tekkitservers, then they should get them ON ONE CENTRAL PLACE!, instead of looking for them in the IC²-Forums, THATS BETTER FOR EVERYONE!

you didn't vote "No, other modpacks shouldn't be too."

I have nothing against IC2 enforcing a limit on server postings based on modpack as long as it's applied fairly across all similar situations.
    As of yet there is not a single vote for "No, other modpacks shouldn't be too.", that tells me the voters have no problems letting any other modpack servers getting advertised, they just don't want tekkit advertised. And that screams of prejudice.

• greg this trend will only lead to the forum wide genocide of technic users this is not good for the forum if you don't like them then you should seek to educate them not to cast them out

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

greg this trend will only lead to the forum wide genocide of technic users this is not good for the forum if you don't like them then you should seek to educate them not to cast them out

You are missunderstanding me,
    I dont want their Servers out here, I want them making their Servers in their own Forum, where they belong, since there is a Technicpackforum for this sake.

• I agree with greg, they have their own clusterfuck of a modpack with their own forum, they should post the servers that include that clusterfuckness in their own forum.

The server section in here is for servers that use IC2 Alone or with a few extras, and you cant call that clusterfuckness of tekkit modpack to be "Just a few extras".

• Technicpack is the only TechModPack i know (i used it before they got their stupid Launcher), is there another famous TechModPack?

The are quite a few mod packs out there that include IC2, including one that advertises itself as tekkit without the launcher. IC2 is a popular mod for a very good reason

Infact a sticky directing modpack users to their respective forums would be a great bit of advertising for the other modpacks.

• You are missunderstanding me,
    I dont want their Servers out here, I want them making their Servers in their own Forum, where they belong, since there is a Technicpackforum for this sake.

yes and then the next step is to direct all technic users support problems to the technic forums, and screenshots/videos to the technic forums, and then the engineering questions to the technic forums. before you know it there is no reason for them to come here at all. and then whats going to happen when the technic forums directs all ic2 discussion to the ic forums out of spite?

we're basically being set up for a streisand effect. the efforts to suppress technic will only make it more visible and spread its popularity. who would want to join this forum if we have a rep for singling out and banning whole groups(whether its true or not)?

also side note: the way i discovered ic2 was through a technic pack mod spotlight(but i eventually decided to install conventionally)

EDIT: in a controversial move i have added the technic war to my bestiary/encyclopedia the ICforums bestiary/encyclopedia

• We aren't trying to get rid of the tekkit users (Yet), we just want the server section to be fully devoted to IC2 Servers (Standalone or with a few extras mods) and not to Tekkit Servers which from what i gather are usually filled with way too many useless mods.

They also have their own forum where they can post the clusterfuckness they call tekkit servers so they should post them there, you don't see IC2 people posting their servers there right?

• We aren't trying to get rid of the tekkit users (Yet), we just want the server section to be fully devoted to IC2 Servers (Standalone or with a few extras mods) and not to Tekkit Servers which from what i gather are usually filled with way too many useless mods.

They also have their own forum where they can post the clusterfuckness they call tekkit servers so they should post them there, you don't see IC2 people posting their servers there right?

and maybe the MCforums should ban all ic2 servers we have our own forum after all right? also last i checked no major ic2 server ran vanilla or even bukkit vanilla ic2 and ic2 is usually paired with at least 2 other MAJOR mods

i think measures to separate them better should at least be tried before we kick them out

Edited once, last by passinglurker ().