VOTE: Tekkit servers on the server section

• We need those stuttering "Assholes" (people, who are smashing some things down for a GOOD/LOGICAL reason), to keep this Forum clean from people, who cant even read the Rules.

At least we have no "Douchebags" (people, who are smashing anything down for NO reason), like the Technicforummoderators, in our Forum.

Technic mods have a zero tolerance policy for people not reading and following the rules. How exactly is that being a douchebag?
    To put it into perspective, imagine around 50-100 newbies a day coming on here all making new posts demanding their 100% original idea of lightning rods be added, and "my install don't work, make work! I did it all right, you must have program bad!"
    I really wish that quote was an exaggeration...

May I ask what your username on the technic forums is? I'm interesting in seeing what your firsthand experience with the forums over there has been.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

• Technic mods have a zero tolerance policy for people not reading and following the rules. How exactly is that being a douchebag?
    To put it into perspective, imagine around 50-100 newbies a day coming on here all making new posts demanding their 100% original idea of lightning rods be added, and "my install don't work, make work! I did it all right, you must have program bad!"
    I really wish that quote was an exaggeration...

May I ask what your username on the technic forums is? I'm interesting in seeing what your firsthand experience with the forums over there has been.

Yeah, if the moderators have a "Follow the rules" policy on Technic, why is it bad for the community of IC2 to have that same policy? Is it because... well, I can't think of a logical reason why it's a bad thing...

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• You are assuming that i am registered to them??? You know that you can go there without an account, or?

So I am to assume you have done more than a casual glance over the forums and have based your opinion off sufficient research?
    I am sorry for assuming you have actual experience with the technic forums. Usually your level of contempt is reserved for the people who pop on, throw up a post into the first section they click on, demand help for some issue that has been covered 50 times before, got kellered for it, and believes that's unfair because mommy and daddy always said they were special and were entitled to the world.

Yeah, if the moderators have a "Follow the rules" policy on Technic, why is it bad for the community of IC2 to have that same policy? Is it because... well, I can't think of a logical reason why it's a bad thing...

When did I say anything about IC2 mods?
    GregoriusT called technic forum mods douches for their policy of punishing people who don't follow the rules. I find that to be quite hypocritical, especially in a thread about a proposed IC2 forum rule that will likely lead to people getting punished for not following it.

• Probated is just the general term for In Trouble.
    Kellered, Hellen Keller, refers to the blind and deaf lady who learned to read despite her handicaps. It's applied when someone doesn't read and follow the rules, and is meant to be a role model for them. "If someone who is deaf and blind can learn to communicate like a civilized person, you can too."

Banning is applied relatively often, but not without two factor warning or malicious intent on the part of the poster.
    People don't get banned for disagreeing with the mods, but for stuff like demanding technic rewrite itself so they can use their hacked/pirate clients, temper tantrums over server/forum bannings or policies, spamming, ect...
    Most bans are due to a user joining, posting "it no wrk, U fix!", then lobbing insults and threats at other forum users for not bowing to their every whim.

Since the move to xenforo forum software the mods do seem to have softened up a bit. I assume the software backend has a mod comment system so they can keep track of a user's actions instead of having to wonder if this is the 1st or 5th time the user has referred to someone else as a "gayqueer".

• So I am to assume you have done more than a casual glance over the forums and have based your opinion off sufficient research?
    I am sorry for assuming you have actual experience with the technic forums. Usually your level of contempt is reserved for the people who pop on, throw up a post into the first section they click on, demand help for some issue that has been covered 50 times before, got kellered for it, and believes that's unfair because mommy and daddy always said they were special and were entitled to the world.

When did I say anything about IC2 mods?
    GregoriusT called technic forum mods douches for their policy of punishing people who don't follow the rules. I find that to be quite hypocritical, especially in a thread about a proposed IC2 forum rule that will likely lead to people getting punished for not following it.

I wasn't saying you said anything bad about the IC2 mods, I was just saying that AssHoles are a good thing for the forum community. Anyway, we know you like Technic, but what is the point of allowing it here? It has it's own forum.

Haikus are poems

Potato

• I wasn't saying you said anything bad about the IC2 mods, I was just saying that AssHoles are a good thing for the forum community. Anyway, we know you like Technic, but what is the point of allowing it here? It has it's own forum.

No, mods who enforce the rules are good for a community. People who are self titled "Assholes" and play it up as the defining aspect of their personality are bad for a community.
    It's a persona, just like any other, used to gain attention and try to get away with things a normal user would be punished for.

And please, if you're going to argue against me then atleast read what I have previously posted.
    I am not against IC2 enacting a rule that modpack servers are to be advertised on their respective forums. I do however take offense to "Modpack servers are just fine EXCEPT Tekkit servers!"
    It's petty and very hurtful, especially since Alblaka is well respected over on the technic forums.

• No, mods who enforce the rules are good for a community. People who are self titled "Assholes" and play it up as the defining aspect of their personality are bad for a community.
    It's a persona, just like any other, used to gain attention and try to get away with things a normal user would be punished for.

And please, if you're going to argue against me then atleast read what I have previously posted.
    I am not against IC2 enacting a rule that modpack servers are to be advertised on their respective forums. I do however take offense to "Modpack servers are just fine EXCEPT Tekkit servers!"
    It's petty and very hurtful, especially since Alblaka is well respected over on the technic forums.

First, Fenix doesnt get away with anything a normal user wouldn't. If he screws up, we stab him in the back... Repeatedly... With a chainsaw... Also, list any other Modpacks that have SMP and include IC2. Also, since Tekkit DOES NOT have permission from all of its Mods, it shouldn't be allowed for that reason either.

Haikus are poems

Potato

• First, Fenix doesnt get away with anything a normal user wouldn't. If he screws up, we stab him in the back... Repeatedly... With a chainsaw... Also, list any other Modpacks that have SMP and include IC2. Also, since Tekkit DOES NOT have permission from all of its Mods, it shouldn't be allowed for that reason either.

First, bullshit. Take a good long look at how the IC2 community reacts to new people and tell me there isn't favoritism and gool ol'boy syndrom. Welcome to basic group psychology, newcommers are judged way more harshly than regulars for the same actions. It's the reality of any group.
    And "backstab with a chainsaw" seems to be as effective as a pillow fight. Pseudo-violence using scary imagery to provide a token show of displeasure that doesn't actually elicit any behavioral changes. Like the opposite of the MC forums "+1 diamond to you!" thing.

Second, a couple months ago someone came on the technic forums to say they've found a modpack that claims to be "tekkit but with full permission and no launcher so you can use your pirated accounts!" If you want evidence, go look that up yourself. I'm not going to expose the IC2 forums to a possible DMCA takedown threat by passing along information on how to circumvent minecraft's copyright protections (which is why the post was removed on the technic forums).

Third. No. Not getting into an argument over this.
    I frankly don't care anymore what you personally think of technic. I came to these forums to post my addon mod, since then I've been attacked with some of the worst conclusion jumping I've seen since highschool. You personally have argued multiple times against point I never made, making me wonder if you even read what I write or if you're just skimming and letting your pre-judged views of all things technic fill in the blanks.

• Official Post

First, bullshit. Take a good long look at how the IC2 community reacts to new people and tell me there isn't favoritism and gool ol'boy syndrom. Welcome to basic group psychology, newcommers are judged way more harshly than regulars for the same actions. It's the reality of any group.

My personal (not that from the others) judgement comes from "how well the suggestion is written", not from "who wrote it", and if its well written, then i just kindly say that it got denied/presuggested, but if it's not, THEN IT GOES INTO SHIFTKEY-HOLDING FLAME!!!

I came to these forums to post my addon mod, since then I've been attacked with some of the worst conclusion jumping I've seen since highschool. You personally have argued multiple times against a point I never made, making me wonder if you even read what I write or if you're just skimming and letting your pre-judged views of all things technic fill in the blanks.

As i saw your old Post, i understood perfectly, that you just wanted to use an Item-ID, and i was strongly wondering, what all these Highpostcount-People were complaining about stealing code. But i think i saw this only, because i know a bit about how Minecraft is coded.

• Had something long winded here, but it really just opened my posts up to more conclusion jumping.

Let me say this gregorius, your judgements are not made within a vacuum. Everything you do is influenced by the groups you belong to.
    The first group you belong to is your family, and if in a vacuum you would turn out exactly like them. But then you join other groups, other kids on the playground, your school class, and as your avenues of exploration open up you join more and more groups, including internet forums. Each one has a hand in what your personality is.
    Doesn't stop at any magic age either. I'm told kakermix is twice my age yet you can still see his personality change in subtle ways the longer he interacts with the technic community.

Yes, that's a lot shorter than what I had. I'm a teacher, long winded is what I do...

And thanks for not assuming the worst over my flax crop gregorius.

• Yes, I may have gotten a little carried away with this Technic/Tekkit flamewar... Truce? Cookies? Anyway, I don't agree with you, but I am going to honor your opinion and let it go.

Haikus are poems

Potato

• I politely request to know why the above 3 posts were deleted so that I may avoid such mistakes in the future

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• so we are not allowed to say nice things to each other?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

so we are not allowed to say nice things to each other?

No Bugreports about 1.96
    No complaining about the Devs (i saw Quantumleaves deleted Post about the term "fixed" and was about to reply, but as i hit the submitbutton it was already deleted)
    No Megaquotes
    No ...
    No usage of Memes

Now we are pretty much fucked.