[suggestion] Antimatter (tiers)

• in industrialcraft i can see a few tiers of technology: batBox, MFE, MFSU; Bronze armour, NanoSuit, QuantumSuit; Bronze Pickaxe, Mining Drill, Diamond Drill etc. why not have antimatter as a 4th tier?

i thought of this literally about 30 seconds ago, but IRL, 1 gram of antimatter costs $65,000,000,000,000. of course we cant have it being that expensive but it could be made using a new machine in a process with UU-Matter.

one issue is storage. when antimatter comes into contact with any type of matter (air, iron, anything else) the result is complete annihilation which turns the matter and antimatter into pure energy, a sh*t-tonne of pure energy. (maybe i should change my name to human_encyclopaedia) the point is, you cant store antimatter unless it is suspended via. electric charges in a vacuum. alblaka could add a special pipe for this but that would probably cause issues with BC and RP2. you would also need special chests to keep it in.

i cant think of many uses for antimatter except for tools and weapons, maybe new cables even. in real life, there arent any practical uses for antimatter, but hey.

forgive me if i'm going on a bit, but im recovering from an operation and i dont have much to do with my time.

P.S. well done if you read the entire thing

EDIT: doh! i see someone has already beaten me to it

• your title MUST start with the word [suggestion] to help keep the archives organized

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

Actually Antimatter would be Tier-4-Technology, which was sadly denied already.

Uses for Antimatter:

Antimatterdestructionbeam (very dangerous)
    Antimatterreactor to produce Energy.
    Antimatterchainreactor (Similar to the Antimatterrelay of EE) to produce Energy out of Matter at (depending on Energyshielding) for example 99.9% * E=mc² ratio.
    Antimatterbombs of course.

• Teorically UU-Matter can be anything right?

Any physics addicted know that if you make matter from energy, 50% will be regular Matter and 50% will be Antimatter.

My point is, the Mass Fabricator DOES make matter from energy, so according to physics, we should get Anti-UU-Matter also. But Antimatter is VERY HARD to store, because it can't 'touch' regular Matter (when Matter collides/touches Antimatter it explodes causing 100% conversion into Energy, E=mc²) requiring it to be 'levitated' by magnetism.

So a tier 4 should have a new item capable of storing Anti-UU Matter. For this item recipe I suggest something with advanced circuit, advanced machine and a magnetizer. Other new block would be an Antimass Fabricator. Placed next to a regular Mass Fabricator, it would act like a canning machine, but with Antimatter Storage items instead of cans, resulting in Anti-UU-Matter inside a storage item.

So, what can we do with antimatter?

1. Antimatter Bomb

A kilo of Antimatter can make 9×10^16 J, that's 1000 times greater than nuclear fission and 100 times greater than fission. An antimatter bomb would be 100 times stronger than a nuke!

2. Energy Storage

We can't use antimatter for energy production, since it would produce the same amount of energy we used for making it. So it would be viable as an energy storage item. A new machine would be necessary to get the energy from antimatter without exploding the world thought.

I really can't think of any other usage for antimatter. So I think it will be denied. Anyway, thank me about the physics class :thumbup:

Edit: this topic is #6666 =P

• I guess if they spend even a tenth of $65,000,000,000,000 into researching how to make antimatter more efficiency they will be able to make that 1 gram of antimatter for less than $65,000,000,000,000 total price (research + production costs) xd.

Sorry, but you can't do that. Ask Einstein

• Back to the point. I like too the Idea of Antimatter/Tier IV/etc ...
    But it has been already suggested (how many thread ? 5 or more I guess) and denied. (I already suggest it too).
    And your thread isn't very weel done, you're just suggesting Idea without recipes/mecanism etc ...

Edit: Did you realize that the energy required to create 1 electron/1 positron is 511 MeV ? It ... means that with 512 MeV you've more energy than what you need to create it ... that's why MassFab needs 512EU/t!
    ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited 2 times, last by MatLaPatate ().

• Back to the point. I like too the Idea of Antimatter/Tier IV/etc ...
    But it has been already suggested (how many thread ? 5 or more I guess) and denied. (I already suggest it too).
    And your thread isn't very weel done, you're just suggesting Idea without recipes/mecanism etc ...

Edit: Did you realize that the energy required to create 1 electron/1 positron is 511 MeV ? It ... means that with 512 MeV you've more energy than what you need to create it ... that's why MassFab needs 512EU/t!
    ^^

Actually, I think that's just a coincidence. Low Voltage is 32 EU/t, med is 128 (or 4*32) E/t, high is 512 (128*4) EU/t, and Extreme is 2048 (512*4) EU/t. Each tier of energy is 4 times larger than the previous.

• one issue is storage. when antimatter comes into contact with any type of matter (air, iron, anything else) the result is complete annihilation which turns the matter and antimatter into pure energy, a sh*t-tonne of pure energy. (maybe i should change my name to human_encyclopaedia) the point is, you cant store antimatter unless it is suspended via. electric charges in a vacuum. alblaka could add a special pipe for this but that would probably cause issues with BC and RP2. you would also need special chests to keep it in.

i cant think of many uses for antimatter except for tools and weapons, maybe new cables even. in real life, there arent any practical uses for antimatter, but hey.

if you think that you need a special chest to store it because it turns into energy if touched by matter, how can you make a pickaxe out of it? 8o

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• If Antimatter is produced by a Mass-fabricator, it would immediately collide with the UU-Matter and turn right back into energy, useless-ifying the whole process. And, it's been denied. Again, and again, and again. (Well, not Antimattter specifically, but tier-IV tech)

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Actually, I think that's just a coincidence. Low Voltage is 32 EU/t, med is 128 (or 4*32) E/t, high is 512 (128*4) EU/t, and Extreme is 2048 (512*4) EU/t. Each tier of energy is 4 times larger than the previous.

No shit sherlock ...
    I KNOW it's a coincidence ... I was clearly joking, aren't you ?

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• if you think that you need a special chest to store it because it turns into energy if touched by matter, how can you make a pickaxe out of it? 8o

Ore simply Antimatter could be stored in advanced cells, having their own magnetic field.
    And, indeed, Antimatter hadn't been denied specificly, just Tier IV.
    So why not using UU-A-matter as an other way to craft nuke (nothing should be more powerful than nuke I think) and to store energy:
    Anti-Matter cells + Matter cells would be some Hyper-advanced Electrolyzed cells: 15% losses, stackable, handable.

It wouldn't be a new Tier IV, aren't you ?

PS: the alternative for crafting nuke is needed by the possibility to craft Raw Materials from Matter.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• sorry if i'm a bit of a thread necro, but for storage of antimatter you would also need a vacuum. maybe a vacuum pump could be made of an :Empty Cell: some :Energy Crystal: an :Advanced Machine: and a :Batbox: . you would need it to make vacuum chests and pump antimatter from the mass fab into vacuum tube where 16 are made with :Glass Fibre: (glass panes) :Iridium: (to reinforce the glass) an :Empty Cell: and some :Gold Dust: (for lulz).

discuss...

or hate me for being a necro :S