More in-depth Nuclear Reactors

• Hi guys. I just wanted to share with you all an idea for the nuclear system of IC2. Now I'm not expecting the whole nuclear system to be remade but if this idea ever does happen, It would be greatly appreciated. Here it is. Instead of having a block that you put uranium and cooling cells in and it produces EU, why not make it a block that has pipes connected and the pipes connect to a turbine that spins a generator. A bit like in a real reactor. I mean, just think how cool it would be to see water rushing through the pipes and through the reactor and into the turbine and back to the reactor. Now it would have to have another block as a heat exchanger since you don't want radioactive water going through the turbine where it could get into the air... I don't know... its just that.. the current nuclear system is missing something... you know? I really hope that this idea is at least considered... I mean maybe someone could make an addon that adds this or something... But nuclear power is really missing something. Even when using nuclear control. Which reminds me, if this idea comes true, I want there to be nuclear control compatability... there should still be heat levels... and also, to shut the reactor off, there should be some kind of control rods that have to be pushed into the reactor by a piston or some other kind of machine. I really hope that this idea is like... possible... I mean... IDK. I just want more for nuclear reactors. And I want it bad! Thanks for reading.
    :Reactor:

• The totally same realism concept was suggested and denied many, many, many times. Reactor changes won't happen atm.
    Of course it would be much cooler but it has been denied.

• rejected previously due to issues of making nukes impractically complex, and the reactors that already exist explode

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• why on earth wouldn't the idea be accepted? it is taking away from the fun of the mod to not have more stuff in the nuclear aspect... tsk tsk.

• So you're 100% happy with the current nuclear system and never want any improvements? Come on! The nuclear system needs more to it! It's too simple! And you know, if I could code it, I would. But currently, im working on getting a block to emit eu. So until I make the addon, ... aah forget it. :(

• sure we want improvements(buffs, new internal components, control mechanisms) but we don't want a total overhaul of the reactor mechanics like your proposing. here is the thing reactors are big multiblock machines they can't simply be auto-replaced with a new version and significant changes to how they cooled down or heat up can cause some configurations to become unsafe and EXPLODE.

also TOO SIMPLE!? with out reactor planner software your house would be a crater if you try to just guess a good reactor configuration. simply put there is a lot behind planing out a good reactor already. maybe you should try poping into the nuclear engineering subforum and seeing what these reactors are capable of before you assume they need a rework

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• *sigh*

Can someone pass me a shotgun?

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!