[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Repulsion Systems

• There'd be a lot more complaints if it happened to everyone - I can have more than two forcefields on:

(the coloured circle thing is an infinite energy generator I made for testing)

I was waiting for IC2 to officially update before I updated ARS, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen, so I updated to the snapshots instead.

I removed the reactor blocks that I wanted to remove since the reactor update. If you want nuclear control, use Nuclear Control - this mod is about base defence. Reactor connectors and reactor containment fields are still there (for now).

cooldownBlocksPerTick affects the minimum time between turning a forcefield on and off so people can't spam it to cause lag. Minimum time in ticks = number of blocks ÷ cooldownBlocksPerTick.

Reobfuscation failed, probably a simple fix but I have to go now. It'll be done when I get back from university in about 6.5 hours from this post.

55.0.0:

• Updated to Minecraft 1.5.2 and the latest IC2 dev build.
    • Items cannot be inserted into loot collectors.
    • Only splash potions can be inserted into potion applicators.
    • Removed Reactor Monitor, Reactor Monitor Client and Reactor Cooler.
    • Removed reactor link cards.
    • Removed MFD wrench mode.
    • Blacklisted item frames and all BuildCraft entities from being zapped by industrial tesla coils.

I haven't re-tested most things so of course tell me if there are any serious problems.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

Edited 2 times, last by immibis ().

• Uploaded the latest version now.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• 55.0.1:

• Fixed item detection filters not saving their inventory. (Why did nobody tell me about that???)
    • Renamed intersection/union/difference tokens to AND/OR/NOT tokens respectively.
    • Fixed item detection filter beam colour.

Battery snot included.

• 55.1.0:

• Made everything relating to data beams glowy (like xycraft ore)
    • Made forcefield projectors glowy (also like xycraft ore)
    • Fixed being able to mine data beams with silk touch.
    • Item detection filters now target dropped items (which match the item in the filter) as well as players.
    • Fixed a small texture bug with programmable filters.
    • Added input mode icon to the programmable filter GUI.
    • Added coloured input tokens.
    • Fixed zapper+camo forcefields using the wrong texture when no block is in the camouflage upgrade.
    • Directional Projector renamed to Line Projector (as intended).
    • Added (DEPRECATED) tags to reactor field projectors, reactor connectors.
      Reactor field projectors are redundant - use an area projector with an offset.
    • Added (DEPRECATED) tag to EU injector. If you somehow still have one, just supply power to the core directly.
    • enableReactorBlocks defaults to false.
    • Apologized for being like Sengir and removing things. This mod is not Nuclear Control. At least nothing was nerfed.

Battery snot included.

• Official Post

Apologized for being like Sengir and removing things. This mod is not Nuclear Control. At least nothing was nerfed.

Well, Sengir made it even more OP with his Multifarms. Yes they need Fertilizer but we have tons of that. And removing old Devices is nothing bad if you leave people some time to switch.

• Well, Sengir made it even more OP with his Multifarms. Yes they need Fertilizer but we have tons of that. And removing old Devices is nothing bad if you leave people some time to switch.

Seed oil was nerfed, unless you want to breed bees and trees in which case it was buffed.
    Fun was nerfed, I liked trying to connect all the different farms and auto-crafting tables to make a completely self-sustainable setup (that stopped about the time he made peat cost tin by nerfing water buckets)
    Many recipes were nerfed by moving them to the carpenter (you mean I need an MJ power source to craft anything?) (btw I also don't like that in GregTech e.g. storage blocks)
    Biomass was nerfed, unless you want to breed bees and trees in which case it was buffed.
    Frames and mutators were nerfed.
    I can't tell what else was nerfed because his changelog, which used to go back to the dawn of time, now stops 5 versions ago.

Battery snot included.

• 55.1.1:

• Fixed forcefield filters not working with area projectors.

Battery snot included.

• Seed oil was nerfed, unless you want to breed bees and trees in which case it was buffed.

What was the use of seed oil anyway? Making bee stuff and stamps (which almost no one uses)? And the biogas engine, but then if you use seed oil for that, you should use biomass instead.

Fun was nerfed, I liked trying to connect all the different farms and auto-crafting tables to make a completely self-sustainable setup (that stopped about the time he made peat cost tin by nerfing water buckets)

You could always use the carpenter + mulch recipe. Although I agree it's pretty silly that you get more by adding water using single-use containers.

Many recipes were nerfed by moving them to the carpenter (you mean I need an MJ power source to craft anything?) (btw I also don't like that in GregTech e.g. storage blocks)

I don't see anything in the changelog about carpenter recipes. Storage blocks can be unnerfed, I personally unnerf it for the ingots (but not the gems though).

Biomass was nerfed, unless you want to breed bees and trees in which case it was buffed.

Biomass was OP anyway, before 2.2.x you could gain 1200 mB per sapling.
    1200 mB = 9600 EU in a Bio Generator (I used EU because can't find values for MJ)
    If converted into biofuel via still, then you get 360 mB.
    360 mB = 11 520 heat value in a boiler. If 36-tanks, then 14545 steam. Which is 2909 MJ or 4545 EU in a Boiler.
    In comparison, a sapling produces 100 MJ in a Stirling Engine or 250 EU in a Generator. Which is 29 and 38 times their counterpart in Biomass

Frames and mutators were nerfed.
    I can't tell what else was nerfed because his changelog, which used to go back to the dawn of time, now stops 5 versions ago.

Actually, Sengir nerfed them because Binnie wanted him to. Refer to Dire's UberBreeder for maximum abuse. I had fun in 1.4.7 abusing some GT magic energy stuff with Pure Bees in overdrive. Free essentia.
    @Short changelog: Bandwidth maybe?

Also, on a side note, do all your 55.x mods work on 1.5.1?

• Also, on a side note, do all your 55.x mods work on 1.5.1?

They won't, since I'm not using SRG names yet.

Battery snot included.

• Well good to know you're still working on this. I have no idea how well the "only two forcefield problem" is in singleplayer. My concern is in multiplayer. However I think it's maybe a Minecraft issue itself? Since MFFS is also giving me (my server) the same problem. Could it maybe be a conflict between the two mods (not block or item-wise)?

This makes things tricky since then there's no real way to restrict areas and protect buildings without-fail without using bedrock and other indestructible blocks. And bedrock and the like just isn't fair.

• What can replace the Coolant Injector? I know of autocrafting but the LZH condesors don't stack :( so I can't use the autocrafting system to repair them. Anyone know an alternate way to replace the coolant injector?

• What can replace the Coolant Injector? I know of autocrafting but the LZH condesors don't stack :( so I can't use the autocrafting system to repair them. Anyone know an alternate way to replace the coolant injector?

Have you ever heard of Autocrafting Table + Chest, Fabricators (CAUTION: Lag ahead), Cyclic Assemblers and/or Electric Autocrafting Tables?

• Have you ever heard of Autocrafting Table + Chest, Fabricators (CAUTION: Lag ahead), Cyclic Assemblers and/or Electric Autocrafting Tables?

I have used the Autocrafting Table with a chest but the problem is that the LZH's don't stack so it won't work that way, the autocrafting table will only craft when there is two of each item stacked in the right spots then it outputs the item, now I haven't heard of the cyclic assemblers or the Electric Autocrafting Tables, I've used some of ME crafting before but theres no way to automate it, you have to tell it how many you want made in order for it to craft. Fabricators? I haven't used them ether, I'll look into them and see what I can do, I just hope I don't run into the stack issue =/ it seems to be what is stopping me. Also... when using the auto systems etc, whats to say it doesn't put a LZH where a uranium cell is supposed to go etc and a uranium in the spot of a lzh ? That would be a problem :( that's why I loved the injectors lol.

• I have used the Autocrafting Table with a chest but the problem is that the LZH's don't stack so it won't work that way, the autocrafting table will only craft when there is two of each item stacked in the right spots then it outputs the item

Clearly you haven't, or you'd know that it will craft when there's one item in the crafting table and one item in the chest.

Battery snot included.

• For specific slot injection try Factorization Routers or MiscPeripherals Inventory Turtles.

Cyclic Assemblers are from TE 1.5.x+
    Electric Autocrafting Tables are from GregTech

• Clearly you haven't, or you'd know that it will craft when there's one item in the crafting table and one item in the chest.

I never tried it using the chest, I use Applied Energetics for my transport of items / storage of items and it works with an Autocrafting table that makes me bread, just wouldn't do it with the lzh's.

• For specific slot injection try Factorization Routers or MiscPeripherals Inventory Turtles.

Cyclic Assemblers are from TE 1.5.x+
    Electric Autocrafting Tables are from GregTech

Thanks for the tip on the Cyclic Assemblers that works for fixing the lzh's but I still have an issue with refilling the uranium in my nuke plant, a router won't work for that purpose :( if I want to swap in new uranium cells it won't work if a lzh wears fast, it used to work fine with the old system because with the injectors you didn't have to swap out the lzh's, so nothing moved, you only had to swap out the uranium :) so it was fully automated, unless you guys know something I don't, I'm not trying to complain I'm just saying the injectors was a great mod :) hate to see it go, but if theres a alternate way to fully automate a nuke plant I'm all ears :) Thanks for the quick replys btw.