Suggestion: [Pollution]

• *cough* radioactive waste doesn't glow. Don't believe what you see in cartoons or in similar films/shows.

I know. But uranium isn't green and Solar Panels aren't made of coal.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Official Post

I know. But uranium isn't green and Solar Panels aren't made of coal.

WHAT??? My whole Childhood is a lie!

Oh moment, i know that IRL-Uranium looks like Steel, since almost 2 years.

@ I don't now: How the heck, do you make your Posts invisible for the Quotingfield, while first editing? It happens only if i quote you and there is no Colorcode!

• @ I don't now: How the heck, do you make your Posts invisible for the Quotingfield, while first editing? It happens only if i quote you and there is no Colorcode!

I have no idea.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• id rather just see polution not affect the ground in such a way until its at the point where the actual MC clouds turn colour's and are grey-ish etc... and if your standing in a "polluted" chunk, the sky color changes, more pollution, the darker the sky gets, and even chance for poison etc... that in my opinion would be really really neat.

and if pollution gets REALLY high, possible random fires appear? or storms etc? and tree's leaves start disappearing...

• and if pollution gets REALLY high, possible random fires appear? or storms etc? and tree's leaves start disappearing...

Acid rain, need of gasmask, and in the more contaminated areas, oxygen + hazmat suit, with life support systems for bases in these zones.

Now I'm gonna stop dreaming about my perfect cyberpunk world.

• Acid rain, need of gasmask, and in the more contaminated areas, oxygen + hazmat suit, with life support systems for bases in these zones.

Now I'm gonna stop dreaming about my perfect cyberpunk world.

That. Would be. AMAZING. Don't mind me, I just want an excuse to have things like CO2 scrubbers in my base. Because that would be awesome.

• What about the timeframe? This is important too.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• A fix for Nuclear waste being trivialized (destroyed easily), would be to make it "decay" slowly into valuable stuff like Rare Earth Metals and Iridium, but only in small amounts, so that people are inclined to stockpile huge amounts of the stuff, as blocks in huge reserves underground.

The process would be extremely slow - a single block would take several hours to yield the equivalent of 1 ingot of anything, much longer for Iridium and other valuables. Blocks that contain the product are easily told apart from others, by the colouration - or if water is nearby, blue light given off through the water (cherenkov radiation)

The waste blocks can be collected and put into the Thermal Centrifuge, to extract the stuff and output the remaining waste. There would be 11 stages of nuclear-waste blocks:
    1. 100% High-quality Nuclear Waste
    2. Contains 1 ingot of products
    3. Contains 2 ingots
    4. Contains 3 ingots
    5. Contains 4 ingots
    6. Contains 5 ingots
    7. Contains 6 ingots
    8. Contains 7 ingots
    9. Contains 8 ingots
    10. Contains 9 ingots
    11. 100% Useable Product material

The time between stages doubles as the current stage increases. (It takes less time to process the early stages of decayed waste, but more energy - It would take more time to reach later stages, but it would be more energy efficient. It takes the same amount of EU to process all kinds of waste blocks in a thermal centrifuge, so waiting longer returns more materials for the energy invested, as less waste has to be heated and repacked). It would take so long to get to Stage 10, nobody would want to waste their time doing that.

The product can then be packed into blocks and thermal-centrifuged, returning ingots/nuggets of different materials, like neodymium. All of the materials would be useful - Neodymium for cheaper motors that require less copper, Iridium for what it's used for, etc.

That way, nobody will want to void-pipe/lava-fry that "valuable waste", although it still would be a hazardous, toxic, environment-killing material.

• Huge necroposting bro.

I thought the thread was alive, though. It was at the top of the suggestions section. Is this entire section dead now? what happened to suggestions and user input?
    It almost seems like nobody cares enough for IC2 to post regular suggestions, which I am sure is far from the truth. Why don't we do something, and suggest once in a while, instead of leaving old threads at the top of the section for several years?