[Suggestion] Large Hadron Collider

• This would implement an LHC (Large Hadron Collider). What the LHC would do is it would unlock new particles, four of the same particle gives you advanced knowledge. Depending on the particle you used will vary the knowledge. With new knowledge comes more advanced machines/items. However, if you leave the LHC too long it will implode and cause a black hole sucking everything up within a certain vecinity (Including Bedrock).

• it is an original idea i think the concept is worth discussing(but yeah don't mess with bedrock)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I have a problem with it: the LHC is more advanced than anything in IC² except quantum and MassFab. So how would you discover the LHC ? Or, the LHC would only be useful to discover UUM ? Or we could consider it's easier to discover than all Tier III tech, so it would be useful for it. And would increase the gap between Tier II and Tier III. Can be considered as good or bad, depending on the people.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Isn't it called "Large Hadron Collider"?

Not if it has something to do with water.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Apart from destroying bedrock, this suggestion only contains a machine that does "research". I've perceived the IC community as quite puristic when it comes to the principles of Minecraft, and there is no "research" for crafting recipes or special blocks there. After all, it's a design decision that the development team will have to take.

However, you do not suggest a single use for particle research apart from destroying bedrock. I've also perceived the IC community as very strict when it comes to suggesting a new machine and not giving a lot of uses for it. New machines and ores need loads of uses to even be considered. Had you thought of a biogas generator, the answer would be "no, make food burnable in regular generators instead" if the answer wasn't "go home, you n00b" anyway

Also, it's realistic to assume that a particle generator has few realistic applications, apart from letting us learn a lot about the universe. Making it a prerequisite for the Quantum Suit would not be a good idea, as we already have a machine that makes you need loads of energy before you can craft it.

Personally, I think we've reached a point where IC only needs an answer to new things that minecraft tosses at players. There's an answer to farming, potions, mining, machines... There's still none for enchanting, but generally, the amount of good ideas has really decreased lately. I think there's not much left to say for IC.