More Suggestions-Gunpowder, Scrap Blocks, E-Meter, and Pollution!

• Hey there! I'm back! I do understand that some of my previous ideas weren't taken kindly by some or shown to already exist. I also understand that the generator idea specifically took the brunt of the criticism. My reason for the idea: First, high-quality fission reactors are complicated and dangerous. While that is a reason for them to be "end-game", who says you can't do better? While Fusion Toruses, QFS's and Singularity Harnesses may be expensive, but if my idea goes through, they would be slightly less complicated to run and be more efficient than a normal reactor. Seriously, who doesn't want 2048 EU/t from 1 generator?! I personally think that end-game is better expressed by Terraformers, Recyclers, Teleporters and really advanced stuff. Now, on to the new suggestions.

1) Gunpowder. Now you may be thinking, "Creepers drop the stuff. What's the point?". Well, real gunpowder is a mix of 75% saltpetre, 15% charcoal and 5% sulfur (British mix as of 1879). Instead of risking your life killing creepers, you could mix 4 saltpetre (from ground, unheated nitre ore, most common in desert biomes), 1 glowstone dust and 2 coal dust. This would create a convenient, gun-mod-friendly alternative to organic gunpowder.

2) Scrap Blocks. Lets see...You have gone from wasted items to scrap from the Recycler to scrap boxes. However, your industrial manufactories are continuing to produce more and more waste. What do you do? You make a BLOCK of scrap. That's right, compacting 9 whole scrap boxes worth of material into just 1 cubic metre of stuff! Mega landfill, here I come!

3) E-Meter. You know the EU-Meter, right? The handheld version? Well, to me, it's a pain in the neck to constantly click on the cable to get a constant reading. My solution: a meter to constantly measure the EU going through a wire. Just place the meter wherever you want and run the cable through it, like a BatBox or transformer. The GUI would have a show the EU, voltage and total quantity of EU that has and is going through the wire. Recipe:
    :Copper Cable: :MFE: :Copper Cable
    :Machine: :EU-Reader: :Machine:
    :Circuit: :Compass: :Circuit:

4) Pollution. Simple, really. There would be 4 kinds of pollution: CO2, Radioactivity, Smog/Soot and Scrap. CO2 is created when coal or other materials are burned in a generator or furnace. It makes the world hotter, melting ice, wilting plants, and converting Grassland biomes into Desert wastelands. Radioactivity is produced by placed reactors, uncovered uranium ore and uncovered uranium blocks. Any chest with uranium-based materials in it is also deemed radioactive. The world can absorb a certain amount of millirems(radioactivity units) before it becomes dangerous. High levels cause mobs to take damage out of nowhere and for plants to die. Radioactivity can be absorbed with reinforced stone, water and iron surrounding the offending object, or a Rad-Filter. This reduces the radioactivity of enclosed spaces to safe levels while also, if out in the open, reducing the world radioactivity level. They take a lot of energy, about 60 EU per mR/day. That means it will take 60 EU every day to reduce levels by 1 millirem. The recipe is:
    :Wind Mill: :Extractor: :Wind Mill:
    :Reactor Plating: :Reactor: :Reactor Plating:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Wind Mill: :Advanced Circuit:
    The machine can take upgrades like the Overclocker and Transformer upgrades. Smog and Soot are given off by generators, miners, fueled furnaces and macerators. This makes the world darker and, at extreme levels, makes it rain soot. Scrap is the effect of placing Scrap blocks. Over time, they disintegrate and leach into the water table. This makes nearby water unusable for anything but buckets. Cells and bottles will get too dirty to use. Polluted water is also dangerous to swim in, and will hurt mobs.

That's all. Hopefully these ideas are fresh and new. See you again soon. :)

• Official Post

Seriously, who doesn't want 2048 EU/t from 1 generator?!

I have a 1840 EU/t-Reactor, so what is your Point?

1) Gunpowder. Now you may be thinking, "Creepers drop the stuff. What's the point?". Well, real gunpowder is a mix of 75% saltpetre, 15% charcoal and 5% sulfur (British mix as of 1879). Instead of risking your life killing creepers, you could mix 4 saltpetre (from ground, unheated nitre ore, most common in desert biomes), 1 glowstone dust and 2 coal dust. This would create a convenient, gun-mod-friendly alternative to organic gunpowder.

5 *beep* + 4 *beep* and viola, Gunpowder!

2) Scrap Blocks. Lets see...You have gone from wasted items to scrap from the Recycler to scrap boxes. However, your industrial manufactories are continuing to produce more and more waste. What do you do? You make a BLOCK of scrap. That's right, compacting 9 whole scrap boxes worth of material into just 1 cubic metre of stuff! Mega landfill, here I come!

Massfabrication and Scrapboxraining is more important, than that.

3) E-Meter. You know the EU-Meter, right? The handheld version? Well, to me, it's a pain in the neck to constantly click on the cable to get a constant reading. My solution: a meter to constantly measure the EU going through a wire. Just place the meter wherever you want and run the cable through it, like a BatBox or transformer. The GUI would have a show the EU, voltage and total quantity of EU that has and is going through the wire. Recipe:

Already suggested, but im not sure, if its denied or considered.

4) Pollution. Simple, really. There would be 4 kinds of pollution: CO2, Radioactivity, Smog/Soot and Scrap. CO2 is created when coal or other materials are burned in a generator or furnace. It makes the world hotter, melting ice, wilting plants, and converting Grassland biomes into Desert wastelands. Radioactivity is produced by placed reactors, uncovered uranium ore and uncovered uranium blocks. Any chest with uranium-based materials in it is also deemed radioactive. The world can absorb a certain amount of millirems(radioactivity units) before it becomes dangerous. High levels cause mobs to take damage out of nowhere and for plants to die. Radioactivity can be absorbed with reinforced stone, water and iron surrounding the offending object, or a Rad-Filter. This reduces the radioactivity of enclosed spaces to safe levels while also, if out in the open, reducing the world radioactivity level. They take a lot of energy, about 60 EU per mR/day. That means it will take 60 EU every day to reduce levels by 1 millirem. The recipe is:
    :Wind Mill: :Extractor: :Wind Mill:
    :Reactor Plating: :Reactor: :Reactor Plating:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Wind Mill: :Advanced Circuit:
    The machine can take upgrades like the Overclocker and Transformer upgrades. Smog and Soot are given off by generators, miners, fueled furnaces and macerators. This makes the world darker and, at extreme levels, makes it rain soot. Scrap is the effect of placing Scrap blocks. Over time, they disintegrate and leach into the water table. This makes nearby water unusable for anything but buckets. Cells and bottles will get too dirty to use. Polluted water is also dangerous to swim in, and will hurt mobs.

Pollution got already considered by Alblaka

That's all. Hopefully these ideas are fresh and new. See you again soon. :)

Not really fresh, they expired months ago.

• Mr Spokesman of Global Trust, 1) would require a new ore for just one purpose, so it will not be implemented. However, you can create gunpowder using a secret recipe already.
    2) is a new sugestion as far as I know, but I don't think it will be implemented. If you have too much scrap, burn it or throw it into your mass fabricator. Or throw your scrapboxes into a dispenser and hook it up to a timer.
    3) was already suggested if I remember correctly.
    According to your name, you don't care about 4), it's something Yana Rodriguez cares about. However, pollution is planned for version 2.0. And you should have posted this idea here.

And yes GregoriusT, I noticed you posted already. My reply is a bit different. And don't tell him the secret recipe! By the way, how is your rank called?

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• ok i could go into a long spiel about what is wrong with your suggestions but greg took care of that so i'll just skip to the condensed version

tl;dr:
    USE THAT DAMN SEARCH BAR BEFORE POSTING SUGGESTIONS!!!!
    and
    READ THE DAMN WIKI!!!

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• how many forums do you know that don't have search bars? it should be obvious. also he would know if he read the stickies

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• I would love for an easier way to get gunpower than that (Quite Expensive) Secret Recipe.

The recipe its valid, but how about extracting or macerating sand for a chance to get the saltpeter?

But then again, i think im the only one who loves to make explosives in massive quantity (And Creeper hunting is annoying as balls)

• I would love for an easier way to get gunpower than that (Quite Expensive) Secret Recipe.

The recipe its valid, but how about extracting or macerating sand for a chance to get the saltpeter?

But then again, i think im the only one who loves to make explosives in massive quantity (And Creeper hunting is annoying as balls)

the problem with macerating sand is you could exploit cobble gens for easy tnt (well easier) how about a new recipe that mixes coal dust with wool or dyes instead?

• its red stone and coal not glowstone and if we are going to exploit a renewable resource i would rather exploit some thing that was meant to be renewable and not the unholy physics flaw that is the cobble gen. or better yet just give us a gunpowder crop

• i think the glowstone puts it over the top redstone alone gives me enough trouble

• whats your logic behind glow stone being the best alternative? i would assume netherrack would be more fitting considering its flammable properties

• sure why not? straight macerate netherrack to gunpowder it will make make dynamite mining practical and therefore open up a new play style

• Gregorius, Thanks for letting me know (twice). There are so many bloody posts here that I can't really tell if it's new or not. Also, my version might be different from someone else's. Even though the Suggestions area says 17 posts, there's always the odd one in a different category. Also, are you an admin ? (just wondering). I know you have a server. What mods are installed? I would really like to know for client use or my own server.

Person who said "RtDW": I get it. Quit raging. Please. Go on the treadmill or something.

People chatting about gunpowder alternatives: Thanks. You're the reason I came here: To trade ideas. I give mine, you give yours.

Thanks. Also, to the person who noticed my account name is a reference to Global Trust's head speaker, congrats! Watch out for a map with a similar corporation I'll be uploading either here or on Albalka's blog, in the map section.

• Get the Nuclear Control addon. Just drop it into your mods folder. It allows you to run a Mk IV like a Mk III or even a Mk II! At your local supermarket IC2 forum in the Addons section.

• 1) Gunpowder. Now you may be thinking, "Creepers drop the stuff. What's the point?". Well, real gunpowder is a mix of 75% saltpetre, 15% charcoal and 5% sulfur (British mix as of 1879). Instead of risking your life killing creepers, you could mix 4 saltpetre (from ground, unheated nitre ore, most common in desert biomes), 1 glowstone dust and 2 coal dust. This would create a convenient, gun-mod-friendly alternative to organic gunpowder.

I like the ideas, but not the pollution. THIS IS MINECRAFT lol. i do really like the eu meter, and it would nice to not have to use ee to get my crystal chest full of gunpowder for my mega cannon. however-NO LANDFILLS i hate them