Suggestion: New GeoGen system.

• I think another 'flaw' with this is the fact that you will have 'cobblestone excess'... a.k.a, remains of rock from the supercooled lava that remain after injecting a ton of molten liquid into the system.

From what I can gather, it seems like you are harnessing the heat entropy of the cooling process from lava itself. I like this proposal, yet I find it quite lacking. How about this, instead of creating a meter-based system (with water levels and such), have a system similar to nuclear energy:

Grid:
    _|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_
    _|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_
    _|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_
    _|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_
    _|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

In this grid, you place in lava cells, much like you would with Nuclear energy.

_|W|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_
    W|L|W|_|_|_|_|_|_|_
    _|W|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_
    _|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_
    _|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_

where...
    W: Water Cell
    L: Lava Cell

The cells, as they 'vent', emit and release heat at an alarming rate. At 10000 Kelvin, the entire chamber 'melts' (i.e. instantly becomes a lava block, and starts rapidly spreading).
    After the cells have been 'used up', the socket is then replaced by about 4 cobble stone to represent the 'decayed' molten material.
    Each water/coolant cell absorbs heat similar to the nuclear system. The only difference is that GeoGens would have a lower threshold for containing heat, as this heat is able to spread via conduction/convection. This is MUCH different than nuclear's radiation of heat (which transmits much differently), as well as the factors for lava cells multiplying their heat variable is much lower, as the material is constantly interacting with itself, and becoming one 'cell', rather than back-burning triggers like the atomic chain firings of atomic fission. Also, because the lava is much more 'free flowing' than nuclear, the cells are consumed much more rapidly than nuclear's process of energy management.

Thus the goal would be to get as much heat out of the system, while at the same time keeping the overall generator heat low, and thus EU generation maxed out.

Lava Cell:
    EU Output: 10 Eu/t
    Lasts: 2000 ticks
    Heat: 250k per tick

Water Cell:
    0 EU
    Absorbs: 100k per tick
    Lasts: 2000 ticks

Coolant Cell:
    0 EU
    Absorbs: 150k per tick
    Lasts: 1500 ticks

Adjacent Lava cell EU/Heat multiplier: 1.5

(numbers can be adjusted for balance reasons)...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Oh, I really like your last idea, about filling meters but not the make-the-geothermal-into-another-reactor-idea
    I am also plagued by my geothermals flipping out when i am just using power but not exactly 10 EU/t, it is very annoying...

• Cells must be reusable else i will never ever gonna spend my resources to get some eu back i rather make solargens or windgens which will produce more in the end and will be really cheap.

In that case, just use the add-on 'bucket filler' and cycle your buckets around with BC pipes to fill your generators...

Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…dcraft-224-bucket-filler/

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• georeactor? really?
    no wai!
    geogen with lava, steam and such is way more instresting and realistic than another go-go-nerdie puzzle anyone will know week after release

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Oh, I really like your last idea, about filling meters but not the make-the-geothermal-into-another-reactor-idea
    I am also plagued by my geothermals flipping out when i am just using power but not exactly 10 EU/t, it is very annoying...

And

georeactor? really?
    no wai!
    geogen with lava, steam and such is way more instresting and realistic than another go-go-nerdie puzzle anyone will know week after release

- strongly agreed!
    I am really don't like idea of another (second) Reactor, sorry.
    And the last my idea-post (filling with water and lava, creating steam and helping with Coolant Cells for longer generation) is very cool (In my opinion + they even don't need to add another items or blocks for it!). I really like it!
    And now what?! In Soviet Russia we have the same Geothermal Generators! HAYO! :D:D:D

Yep, I am from Russia, and yep, my english isn't good enough...
    So if.. if you dare to laugh of me, I.. I will find you and destroy with all our Soviet nuclear bombs, bwahahaha!
    Naah, I'm just kidding ^^ ... not. :|

• Yeah... homogenization is the death of WOW games in general... So disregard my last then...

Although I have an interesting 'Plasma Coil' design with multiple reactors running at once, lol...

• current geogen is pretty lame if you ask me
    especially i hate this switch on/off sound :thumbdown:

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Link to my last idea-post.

So... A considerable amount of time has elapsed and I didn't get some reply from coders. Please~!

So if.. if you dare to laugh of me, I.. I will find you and destroy with all our Soviet nuclear bombs, bwahahaha!

• I like the idea of making the Geogen more complicated, but I don't want it to use Tin. Whatever is done should use straight lava. Straight water too if you want water.

• I like the idea of making the Geogen more complicated, but I don't want it to use Tin. Whatever is done should use straight lava. Straight water too if you want water.

So? That what I talk about! In my last idea (1 post before) you can fill GeoGen right from the buckets. :)

• Just to throw an old idea in about reusing the lavacells in the current geogen:
    Add a new slot in the middle, that slot will receive (actually 'create') an empty cell for each used up lavacell.
    It also wouldn't use up a new lavacell unless there's space in the lavatank AND the middle slot. (Although that'd be optional, I for my part would make sure it wouldn't overflow so idc if it would check or not)
    That way we could pack up lots of lava in the nether without having to burn some tin for that. Although I still have to see how much that would actually burn in a legit game but I never find something that needs enough power that solars won't do it. Yeah I know, MassFab, ain't had that in legit yet.

Edit: also Zodiak, you CAN already fill GeoGens from buckets.
    Also I think what that one meant was direct like in piping in the lava (and water) over BC liquid pipes. But I may be wrong.

On my install Mining Drill doesn't give off any sounds at all o.o
    Help! Somebody fix that please!
    Wait a sec... damnit.

no idea if he was serious but either way that was damn funny xD

• AFAIK, geo gens will only consume cells when there is room for a lava bucket in the generator. You can leave a stack of cells in a geo gen and get the same effect as manually refilling the generators before it gets empty.

• Edit: also Zodiak, you CAN already fill GeoGens from buckets.

Why you think I didn't know that before?) :pinch:
    I am suggesting more interesting and realistic system, not the "craft geogen, put it and fill it with lava, get energy"... ?(

PS: LoL, soon this thread will be the most viewed (in suggestions):