Slimeball recipe

• As the title says, I would be pleased if there was a slimeball recipe in IC2 using IC2 components.
    I've seen another post with the idea, but it seemed dead.

Slimes are rare to find and can be used to make certain potions, and are maybe supposed to be rare because of the powerfull sticky piston.
    Nevertheless, this is an industrial mod, and for making certain machines and buildings they are much needed.
    I also know that some people are so (un)lucky to have their house on a slimespawning chunk, but most people don't.
    Without thirdparty-software (which I consider cheating) they are very hard to find.

Originally I though of UUM, but that's a bit excessive.
    A fairly logic recipe would be compressing of several plantballs.
    It needs to be expensive, because they are rare, so the cost is the same as precious fuel.

EDIT: 8 compressed plantballs in a square gives an unfinished slimeball, which you compress and get a MinecraftSlime .
    Maybe a watercell in the middle (watercell=x)?
    What do you think about that?

:Compressed Plantball: :Compressed Plantball: :Compressed Plantball:
    :Compressed Plantball: x :Compressed Plantball: = Unfinished slimeball :Plantball: (Something like that) -> Compressor = Slimeball MinecraftSlime
    :Compressed Plantball: :Compressed Plantball: :Compressed Plantball:

If we can make diamonds, why not slimeballs?

I would appreciate response and feedback.
    Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Frakkin' smilys! I'm gonna frakkin' kill them some day!

• If you have nei and set the config to show secret recipies, you will see that there are man, many permutations left for uum. i am not recommending you do co as it is cheating i did so just to find out how many there were, but uum still has a lot of possibilities. :Recycler:

• If you have nei and set the config to show secret recipies, you will see that there are man, many permutations left for uum. i am not recommending you do co as it is cheating i did so just to find out how many there were, but uum still has a lot of possibilities. :Recycler:

What he is asking for is that slimeballs be implemented through some recipe, uu-matter or not, he's not asking if uu-matter has any open recipes left

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

Thats why i would like a machine that is just to craft UUM recipes. and its crafting GUI is bigger, like airplanes mod.

And it could memorize all previously done recipes and you can choose to do it again without actually placing UUM in the crafting GUI. (It withdraws uum from inventory)

• You can always get slimeballs from scrap boxes. You need 790 scrap on average for one though, which is about 100 stacks of cobble. On the other hand you will probably have marvelous collection of wooden hoes in the end.

About secrecy of the UUM recipes: checking 511 recipes just to find a bunch useful ones is not really my idea of fun (however spending hours tending to virtual crops is).

• Official Post

You can always get slimeballs from scrap boxes. You need 790 scrap on average for one though, which is about 100 stacks of cobble. On the other hand you will probably have marvelous collection of wooden hoes in the end.

About secrecy of the UUM recipes: checking 511 recipes just to find a bunch useful ones is not really my idea of fun (however spending hours tending to virtual crops is).

Lol why checking 511 recipes?, with Craftguide or NEI you can search for UUM, then press U (NEI) over it and it will show all recipes containing UUM.

• Lol why checking 511 recipes?, with Craftguide or NEI you can search for UUM, then press U (NEI) over it and it will show all recipes containing UUM.

I think it's less funny, because having some recipes the others haven't give you some power, it's as getting some secrets technologies ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Let's drop the UUM discussion. I think if we should have a way of making slimeballs it should be with the compressed plantballs. They cost enough (compared to fuel), it's logical and we don't use up a matter recipe.
    Everyone who needs slimeballs probably want to have them before they can get UUM.

• It's not expensive. (As plantballs are SOOOOOOO easy to get with chainsaw ...)

It costs as much as fuel, and therefor the value is higher. I wouldn't say that it's extremely expensive, but it's not cheap either.

Also, I think most people have their own fuel-producing machine, if they use fuel. It isn't very fast to make if you automate the process, instead of going out on a chainsaw-rampage against all living plants in Minecraft.

• thats what we got IC2 resin for with forge resin replaces slimeballs atleast i can use resin perfectly to craft sticky pistons

Are you frakkin' kidding me?
    Hmmm, I'll look into the wiki:

As of version 1.64, (almost) all crafting recipes involving sticky resin have been changed to use rubber.
    Sticky resin is still used as an alternative to slime balls for crafting sticky pistons.
    Sticky resin can also still be used as an alternative to coal in crafting torches.

Um, well...
    Why didn't anyone say anything? :pinch:
    IC2 never stops surprising me! Seems lie the wiki page is updated since last time I've been there.

Problem solved!