[Addon v1.97]The Quantum Addon, Updated with Paint Sprayers! (now open-source)

• The Quantum Addon is focused on doing neat things with building stuff. It currently contains 3 major features: Paint Sprayers, the Aedificare Crop, and the Ender Plant. Read on, and please leave feedback!

Edit the second: Shelving the nikolite block for now, and updating to minecraft 1.3.1 is proving to be a pain in the butt, might be a while after IC2 updates that I update. OTOH, I'm currently working on a number of items and blocks, which collectively I'm referring to as 'gas systems'. Expect that. . . when it's done. Or enough parts that I want to release it, anyway.
    Paint Sprayers:

Paints 9+ blocks at once! Yes, the paint sprayer, added in version 2, is an upgraded version of the IC2 sprayer. It comes in 16 colors, just like the IC2 sprayer, and can
    re-color any CF wall or wool block in a 3x3x3 block cube, for a maximum on 26 blocks! Of course, this ease of use comes at a cost. A significant amount of tin is required to make the spray head, and creating the paint requires a small amount of clay. To get spraying, first create the spray head and glass canister:

And combine them like so:

To create your paint, simply combine your dye of choice (3 pieces of dye are required) with 2 water cells and a piece of clay:

And them combine the paint cell with the empty sprayer:

Then, using the sprayer is a simple as right-clicking! You don't even need to click on a paintable block -- if there are wool or CF walls within a 1-block radius of the targeted block, the sprayer will automatically release a cloud of paint, coloring the block. It even works through walls!
    However, be aware the the sprayer has a limited lifetime; during normal use, the rubber seals on the spray head will get clogged with paint. After 37 uses, the spray head becomes totally useless and the entire paint sprayer must be discarded.

Aedificare:

Ender Plant:

Crafting Compendium:

Installation:

• It seems like you put a lot of work into this, I only regret that I can't download it right now but I definitely will at a later date, also do you plan on adding any extra plants/features later on? I would have never thought of anything as in depth as you took Aedificare so I look forward to seeing even more ideas in the future

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• It seems like you put a lot of work into this, I only regret that I can't download it right now but I definitely will at a later date, also do you plan on adding any extra plants/features later on? I would have never thought of anything as in depth as you took Aedificare so I look forward to seeing even more ideas in the future

Download link is in the installation spoiler, the underlined bit. I don't know why the normal window isn't showing up; I'm looking into it, to no avail ;(

• I know the storage blocks textures' source.

May I suggest not adding iron, gold,... blocks to your crops.png (Which should be named blocks.png in my opinon, because it includes other blocks than crops.), but to use vanilla's/the texturepacks one is using's/IC²'s textures?
    Also, I found the secret alternator recipe. I did use NEI, but I didn't check the alternator, but the blocks that are hard to aqquire.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

Edited once, last by I don't now: Made it correcter? More correct? And less offending. ().

• I might even make a mod spotlight out of this mod in a few hours :) Il put it on my todo list for today ;)

• Maybe an idea for an Alternator recipe : 8 wool + 1 alternator, to change the color of the wool, using the datavalues/metadata's, so Wool becomes orange, oranges becomes magenta, magenta becomes light blue etc :D

The 'Circle Stone Brick' block can normally only be acquired in creative
    mode, as can two variations of the sandstone block. The alternator
    provides a method of obtaining these elusive blocks through normal
    gameplay,

Actually, the sandstone variants can be crafted normally. Smooth Sandstone is made by combining 4 sandstone in a square, while Chiseled Sandstone is made by stacking two Sandstone Slabs. See http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Sandstone

• Actually, the sandstone variants can be crafted normally. Smooth Sandstone is made by combining 4 sandstone in a square, while Chiseled Sandstone is made by stacking two Sandstone Slabs. See http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Sandstone

*Facepalm*
    That's what I get for not following the new minecraft features. . .
    I'll change the alternator's description now.
    corjaantje -- I thought about the wool thing, but then I had an even more awesome idea for changing wool colors. It's still under development, though.
    Edit: @ I don't now -- that was fast. I was hoping I would have the add-on out for at least a day before someone figured those out. . . And I'm planning on taking those textures out of the crops.png file (will be part of the next update), there were put there because the aedifilite block add-on pulls texture out of three different files, and when I was writing that part of the addon I didn't want to have to work with three different texture files.

• Okay, so getting minecraft to give 1 block multiple texture files isn't going so well.
    There's no way to directly feed metadata into the "getTextureFile" method, and I can't seem to create a variable for BlockFauxMetal that has a unique value in every ItemStack. Creating such a variable should be possible -- the IC2 painter does it -- but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.
    Not that I won't try, though.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I just booted up minecraft and the QuantumAddon caused it to come crashing down around me. Is anyone else getting crash messages that refer to the file mod_QCrops? Fixed!

• Circle stones can also be crafted normally by the way. Make a square out of 4 stone bricks.

I am something similar to a cat.

• Circle stones can also be crafted normally by the way. Make a square out of 4 stone bricks.

What?

*Checks RP2 Recipe List*
    Nope, not listed there. . .

*Checks in Minecraft*
    Dammit!

Wow. Why do I even bother. . . Well, I have another update almost finished, it will add some cool new items. Expect it within the week. I also have an idea for new alternator recipe, this one won't be completely useless, but I want to finish this one item first.

• Can Someone tell what went wrong and how to fix this?

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 363f8991 --------
    Generated 7/31/12 11:27 AM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
    Java: 1.7.0_05, Oracle Corporation
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    LWJGL: 2.8.3
    OpenGL: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 version 3.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2696, Intel

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mod_QCrops/AedifiliteDust
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:436)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:592)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onPreLoad(FMLClientHandler.java:193)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:383)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:735)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mod_QCrops/AedifiliteDust
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:527)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.attemptFileLoad(Loader.java:561)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.load(Loader.java:419)
    ... 5 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mod_QCrops/AedifiliteDust
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadModClass(Loader.java:494)
    ... 7 more
    --- END ERROR REPORT 4809f2fb ------

We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.

• Thanks! My next priority is to get this updated to minecraft 1.3, but I'm still waiting on MC Forge and IC2 to update, so that might be a while. In the mean time, I've been playing around with tile entities, it's slow progress but I have grand ideas.