[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Official Post

Currently, only way to double iridium gain is having a diamond silktouch enchanted pickaxe, rock cutter does NOT silktouch iridium ore as it doesnt have strength of a diamond tool.
    Tested on newest FTB pack, just don't know if is already fixed or not.

Btw, gregtech pyrite ore in the nether is awesome. Gives iron dust (after centrifuged) and tons of exp. Iridium ore in the nether is "easy" to notice over distance as it is a gray looking ore.

• Official Post

Food for thought: Soaryn's concerns actually raise some interesting questions.

There's some sort of implication here that all modders have an unspoken agreement that while they're all "right" to mod minecraft, none are right to mod eachother's mods. This is the whole Tekkit thing about permissions all over again. Of course, the only thing GregT has done is implement the OreDictionary properly, so should Soaryn really be blaming Forge? Does any single modder have the right to complain that another mod destroys their mod's "balance", when in reality every single modder is guilty of destroying the "balance" of vanilla minecraft? Isn't that a double standard? Perhaps. I think we can all agree that permissions are important, even if only as a sign of respect. But how far does permission carry? Is it okay for Soaryn to tell GregT to make his mod in a certain way because GregTech has the potential to change how Soaryn's mod is played?

In my humble opinion, the modding community has reached too far. Every modder out there is trying as hard as they can to produce "THE COMPREHENSIVE ULTIMATE MINECRAFT EXPERIENCE". That's why we see weird things like Railcraft adding decidedly non-rail things like steam power for Buildcraft. The modders are trying to account for every possible permutation of a user's mod folder, and inadvertently competing with other mods in order to do so. Not every mod needs to be a complete overhaul of Minecraft, but that's exactly what all the big names are doing. And because of this, they're now stepping on eachother's toes. Mark my words, users are going to see a lot more of this sort of thing in the future.

I normally only use Resources of other Mods, and offer Industrial Ways of Producing Oredictionary Stuff. Circuits are Resources too, so i use them also in Recipes, but dont make extra Recipes for them (not counting IC²-Circuitry). Except for the BC-Quarry needing a Diamond Drill instead of Diamond Pickaxe, i didnt change anything Modreleated in the Gameplay of other Mods than IC².

At destroying other Mods balance: The Admin of the Server, Soaryn is now playing on, did some more serious "Unbalancements" with a Mod called Equivalent Exchange. I dont think other Modauthors complained much about that, except maybe because of those "Hey you can exploit that with EE so YOU have to fix it and not Pahimar"-Guys, who spam their "Inventions" everywhere. I try to make everything balanced what I add or change, but mostly restrict it to IC² and regular Resources.

I admit that my Centrifuge can turn Copper into tiny amounts of Gold, what is just some moreless random (Thermal Expansion) impurity I chose for Copper, but one is not able to turn it back into the original Copper, without loosing tons of Gold. Same for other Minerals.

Currently, only way to double iridium gain is having a diamond silktouch enchanted pickaxe, rock cutter does NOT silktouch iridium ore as it doesnt have strength of a diamond tool.

Woot? In 1.3.2 I was able to SilkTouch Iridium Ore with it. I'll look into that.

Btw, gregtech pyrite ore in the nether is awesome. Gives iron dust (after centrifuged) and tons of exp. Iridium ore in the nether is "easy" to notice over distance as it is a gray looking ore.

grey? Grey? GREY!?! Its friggin ORANGE. The Exp will be is nerfed in next Version, but not the Dusts.

• Official Post

grey? Grey? GREY!?! Its friggin ORANGE. The Exp will be is nerfed in next Version, but not the Dusts.

Pyrite is orange
    .Iridium ore has stone-looking from overworld, it is easy to notice :

Can you notice the ore at the left side of picture? Yes it is an iridium ore.

A close look...

Mining it gives iridium ore (item form) and some exp.

• The Admin of the Server, Soaryn is now playing on, did some more serious "Unbalancements" with a Mod called Equivalent Exchange. I dont think other Modauthors complained much about that, except maybe because of those "

Um... He is fixing it...hence EE3. It is lame to use that as a source of argument as A.) It was taken out from the mod list.... of that server since it was too hard to test other mods with it. B.) You just lose all merit then for beating a dog with a stick. He maintained the mod as it was originally written for vanilla equivalencies. By adding mods it become in-equivalent in terms of time. If you are going to use something that was intentionally made OP then go ahead, but it really doesnt raise a good point of why you go through and add content to other mods, especially unfinished ones.

Not really Integration, just a small Compatiblity with your Resource-Type Items

Compatibility is one thing but adding features is another. There will be dusts but only from some of them and only through long term methods from my mod. There will be no way to increase the collection of these (there should be enough). Give me time before adding things as it doesn't provide any room for expansion with people adding things that is unfinished. If you don't break my tech tree now you are breaking it down the line. I have A LOT of plans for XyCraft so stick with your own mod for now.

Btw, is your Aluminium Ore maceratable? I added semirandom Ores to my Compatiblitylist, if any kind of Mod adds them, and things like Titanium, Aluminium, Chrome or Platinum are in that List.

No and for good reason. There will be a powdered form of it, but IC2 Maceration recipes will not exist in my mod. I will have something to process ores (Vanilla ores and if the mod devs' permit with their mod ores) but it will require progression in my mod, as it will also open up new possibilities. Aluminum Powder though is not something I will make easy to get as it is rather dangerous to carry. Just be patient. Are you adding these ores to the list without adding them to the game? That would be a bad idea and rather pointless. I assume no.

Currently my "XyCrystal Dusts" are completly useless, as I dont know your Itemnames/Oredictnames for the Crystals.

I recommend taking them out as, they are not crystals and there will only be one way to get them and that is through my mod. I prefer not to take them out as some people may use them for crafting but I dont want people to use them to by pass parts of other tech trees. Like I said, the ore dict for those items are for my benefit and I was asked by some one to add those in. If I need to I will take them out so you can't do what I think you are going to do if it is anything like IC2 and BC.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    For now I ask you to wait til XyCraft is done (That includes Machines and all) before even considering adding "compatibility" as you named it.Though I have to say, compatibility is making something work, in this case you are adding features... which is much different. Instead of adding "compatibility" why not try to make something new. I have tried very hard to stay with a new concept that has not been added to Minecraft and have succeeded so far. But GregTech to me is becoming a mod to insult the mod Authors as if it was saying: "I dont like your tech tree, let me add my own and make it better"

If this is not true then prove it by giving me some space to work. Because the part I'm having trouble with is not the fact that you are preparing for it, it is that you have no idea what you are preparing for.

I have designed my tech tree very carefully. If you don't agree with it, don't use and don't touch it. Let GregTech and XyCraft load and have fin but have their respective trees of fun. If we merge too much then there is little to do after completing one tree.

Main point: Wait til XyCraft is done before trying to be "compatible"

• last i checked, all that he has is a use for some powders, not a way to get them.

Greg mentioned aluminium ore, not the metal itself, the equivalent of his bauxite dust, not the equivalent of his aluminium dust

• Found a bug. If you break any of the center Casings on a completed casing structure it of course turns the light red on any attached Grinder. When I put the block back the Grinders do not turn green. I have to break another block(any casing besides a center) and replace it before the light will turn green. I have tested every side of the Casing Structure and it's repeatable.

I originally discovered this while getting screen shots of the water source block in the middle. I had to break the top center and made a mess trying to figure out why the Grinders were not updating when I put it back. Does this have to do with how the Grinders attach to the Casing structure only on those center blocks?

• Greg, Soaryn is asking you pretty nicely to remove a few recipes, and that's all. He's not even saying "Remove them forever", He's saying "Wait until my mod is finished before you start making crossovers to it." And honestly, that is completely valid.

• Some unknown dusts detected, 3 are steel, relevant other mods installed:

Railcraft, UE+icbm, Thermal expansion, metallurgy core, base, precious and utility and condensed blocks mod.

The only importantish one i see here is the manganese, as the ore will not grind in the industrial grinder (works in normal macerator fine)

• Random thing to consider: This guy posting as soaryn may not be the real soaryn. He is unregister, so i can just go post under that name if i want too.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• This is me, kevin. I am posting under the name soaryn. Until he registers, i would trust his posts.

• See? i just posted under the name soaryn. I think we should wait till he registers before we trust his posts, as it could be anyone.
    EDIT: I just realized that i triple posted without technicaly triple posting :D

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• See? i just posted under the name soaryn. I think we should wait till he registers before we trust his posts, as it could be anyone.
    EDIT: I just realized that i triple posted without technicaly triple posting :D

Considering the way he cares about XyCraft, I am inclined to believe it is the real developer.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Myself being Andrew2448, PR man and beta tester of XyCraft, I can fully
    confirm that this is Soaryn, the creator of XyCraft. If you dont believe
    me, you can go to the thread link he posted above and see that I am
    indeed involved in XyCraft developement.

I am the real soaryn I will never register to the IC2 forums but if you'd like to check come to IRC either #Dire's channel or #XyCraft Channel on espernet Or bring it to my thread
    I am the real soaryn I will never register to the IC2 forums but if you'd like to check come to IRC either #Dire's channel or #XyCraft Channel on espernet Or bring it to my thread
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1284906-forge132tech-mod-xycraft/
    This is really lame that now I have to show ID. If I really have to I will.... but again incredibly lame

• I'm not sure if this is intentional. Machine casings are completely immune to explosions(almost, explained below)

Was doing more testing with the AWESOME new Industrial Grinder. I wanted to see what happened when a grinder was fed more than 128eu/t. As expected it exploded, but none of the Machine Casings were broken. I thought maybe my setup was strange, so I rebuilt the whole thing from scratch and overloaded all 4 attached grinders. Yay big explosion, lots of terrain damage, but the all the Machine Casings were still intact.

Test#2: TNT
    I built a 4x4x4 out of each Machine Casing type; Standard, Advanced Reinforced.
    6 tnt + 2 restone torches inside each cube. Place the torches and fill in the top hole. Run a way and... nothing. I could see the animation and hear the sound but no casings were destroyed or dropped and all the surrounding terrain was intact.

Test#3 NUKE
    Same setup with each type of casing, but only 1 nuke.
    The Standard and Advanced casings did have 1 missing block on one of the sides that the nuke was touching. A small amount of the explosion got out but it did about as much damage to the terrain as a regular TNT explosion.
    The Reinforced casing had no damage at all. I tested this multiple times and with multiple nukes. I even stood right next to the 4x4x4 in survival mode. All I got was the hunger and poison effects.