[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• I'm sorry, but still confused about the lightning rods.
    1) It looks like we get power from a non-visual strike. Is this expected?
    2) With the placement of the HV-Transformers does the input orientation matter? I've faced two two of the inputs (3-dot) towards the lightningrod block and two away towards my cables, but it appears to give me 512/tick out. Am I going to loose partial amounts of the product from a "strike". When i place all four blocks inward or outward I dont appear to receive any energy during a storm, but could i just be unlucky with the strikes?

On a side note the mod is lovely. Is there anything that we can do to improve documentation? Forms are great and all its nearly useless to sift through old posts since alot of it has over time. I found a gaminghouse.eu site in one of the threads but the recipies appear to be quite stale, and I'm not sure but it looks like it cant be community edited.

thanks.

• Official Post

Dude, add a changelog file to first post ~_~ it's friggin heavy to keep up with updates

Too lazy :P

Greg, could u add the version number to the file name, i forget what version im on if i forgot to add it into the filename when i downloaded

1000 Times NO! It's not that hard to just open the "mcmod.info" with Notepad, to see which Version you have, LIKE EXPLAINED RIGHT UNDER THE DOWNLOADLINK.

I dont do that, because many people (like me) forget to remove the zipfile of the depricated Version of a Mod, when updating to a newer Version.

• Official Post

=__="
    I can do you such a favor, if you'd..I guess, PM me is impossible due to the same reason XD
    If you have skype\ICQ I could easily help you with changelog :rolleyes:

VoIP is not allowed with my Type of Internetconnection, so i could only do that with the University-WI-FI, and Chat would also require much effort. And since its impossible to download older Versions, a Changelog seems not to be required. A notification about the most important changes will still be made, like right now:

V1.21b
    Balanced a few Centrifugerecipes
    Li-Cells can now be used as a very potent Fuel
    Made Solarpanels and Computercubes a tiny bit cheaper (Glasspanes instead of Glass)

Hmm i need a few more uses for Si-Cells. TO WIKIPEDIA! =>

• I really think that Fusion Reactor is a little too expensive to run (40 kk EU, are you kidding me?!).
    20 kk would be about right, just like it was before because you need 24 fusion coils which are in total 144 machine blocks, 192 carbon plates and the same amount of Adv Alloy + some iridium stuff.

Or you could balance the fusion reactor by adding upgrade slots for the centrifuge or making it faster.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

Edited once, last by SteveofDoom ().

• Official Post

I really think that Fusion Reactor is a little too expensive to run (40 kk EU, are you kidding me?!).
    20 kk would be about right, just like it was before because you need 24 fusion coils which are in total 144 machine blocks, 192 carbon plates and the same amount of Adv Alloy + some iridium stuff.

You need it only to start the Fusion, so i see no Problem in that. If you have enough Materials to build it, then you also have enough Materials to supply it uninterruptedly (unless you have my Finite-Water-Basefile installed). But for proper automation you need to wait for Redpower, to be perfect enough for a Release.

• I use logistics pipes, but the problem is that 1 centrifuge is too damn slow, I will try putting in 4.
    I also don't know how to evenly distribute items using red power. There is an Item distribution pipe for buildcraft.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

• I wasn't in minecraft for ~2 weeks, and seeing your addon.. you sure REALLY did nerf free-energy generators. Nuclear energy with this is SOOOOO MUCHO cheaper :( will have to look for new recepies, maybe I am missing something important >.>

• Official Post

I use logistics pipes, but the problem is that 1 centrifuge is too damn slow, I will try putting in 4.
    I also don't know how to evenly distribute items using red power. There is an Item distribution pipe for buildcraft.

Evenly distribution is part of the Tubes. Just branch them and if ALL branches have the same Distance it will randomly choose a Way. You could ofcourse, do that with a Sortingmachine too.

I wasn't in minecraft for ~2 weeks, and seeing your addon.. you sure REALLY did nerf free-energy generators. Nuclear energy with this is SOOOOO MUCHO cheaper will have to look for new recepies, maybe I am missing something important >.>

What? I did nerf them? I currently have 33 Solarpanels and 5 Windmills, generating more EU than i need, when i go to bed at 18:32-MC-Time (according to the NuclearControl-Addon from Shedar). I'm still at Tier-II and i'm still out of Tin, even with my BC-Quarry+Mininglaser-Quarry-Combo.

And Nuclear Energy is not much cheaper. Maybe the Heliumcoolantcells, when you centrifuge Netherrack/Endstone, or centrifuging Uranium to get a bunch of depleted Cells which you can breed, or the Silktouch-Tool for doubling Diamond/Uranium/Gem mining by Hand with Macerators. But, moment... wow thats cheap, but i wont nerf it, as Nuclear is a good Energysource.

• Can you tell me how to do that with the sorting machine?

• Official Post

Can you tell me how to do that with the sorting machine?

Chest + Sortingmachine next to each other (so that the Sortingmachine takes out of the Chest), then put the Sortingmachine into the mode, where it cycles with one Item of every Column, and then attach colored Tubes onto the desired destinations.

• I made a nice logistics system which auto-centrifuges all the things to make t and d-cells and an auto system which will electrolyze cells. I can give you the link to my world if you wanna see.
    Although there is one problem and that is that I must input a value that is dividable by 4.
    It took me 2 hours to make the whole thing and it's really messy.
    Let me know if you want the world, it requires IC2, your addon(duh), Advanced Solar Panels by Sentimel, Compact solars, buildcraft and logistics pipes pre9.

• What? I did nerf them? I currently have 33 Solarpanels and 5 Windmills, generating more EU than i need, when i go to bed at 18:32-MC-Time (according to the NuclearControl-Addon from Shedar). I'm still at Tier-II and i'm still out of Tin, even with my BC-Quarry+Mininglaser-Quarry-Combo.

And Nuclear Energy is not much cheaper. Maybe the Heliumcoolantcells, when you centrifuge Netherrack/Endstone, or centrifuging Uranium to get a bunch of depleted Cells which you can breed, or the Silktouch-Tool for doubling Diamond/Uranium/Gem mining by Hand with Macerators. But, moment... wow thats cheap, but i wont nerf it, as Nuclear is a good Energysource.

• And Nuclear Energy is not much cheaper. Maybe the Heliumcoolantcells, when you centrifuge Netherrack/Endstone

Netherrack ? Why ? Endstone ? Wow, I've always thought that the End was kinda like the Moon ^^ (Because, there is actually He3 in vast amount on the Moon)

but i wont nerf it, as Nuclear is a good Energysource.

In real life or in Minecraft ? Lol, it would be funny: a German defending nuclear power when your government decided few years ago to replace this energy source with Coal-based plants, because everybody know it's cleaner :P

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Soaryn version: Generates a rickroll on the ground near spawn, only visible in the air.

• Solar Panels, Y U NO COST 2 CARBON PLATES AND 1 SI-CELL?!?!?!?!?