[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Since you can use air, but how do we get the air without any other mods.

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Maybe consult the Changelog for that.

Since you can use air, but how do we get the air without any other mods.

Is air easier to obtain than O2?

Edit: Oxygen I know it requires a electrolyzer which requires platinum, yet platinum is extremely rare, rarer than chrome. Perhaps Silver (not as common) might be better or gold (since it is very common to find).

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

• I bet you, somewhere your Math went wrong. Bear had that happen too, and he realised later that he did a goof in the Steam calculations.

Don't guess, point out where. I said I used 3 dense invar + 3 steel boilers. That's 64 steam for the steel, 128 for the dense invar, so a total of 576 steam/t. Now that *is* the absolute minimum for the aluminum turbine, but why did adding another regular invar boiler ( 32 steam/t ) not get it over the edge? And more importantly, why did the turbine *and* the dynamo start working when I shut off all but that last little boiler?

Also when I removed the dynamo I could see the turbine spinning and not making the horrible grinding noise, but placing the dynamo back made it start grinding again, until I shut off all of the boilers but the little one.

• Don't guess, point out where. I said I used 3 dense invar + 3 steel boilers. That's 64 steam for the steel, 128 for the dense invar, so a total of 576 steam/t. Now that *is* the absolute minimum for the aluminum turbine, but why did adding another regular invar boiler ( 32 steam/t ) not get it over the edge? And more importantly, why did the turbine *and* the dynamo start working when I shut off all but that last little boiler?

Also when I removed the dynamo I could see the turbine spinning and not making the horrible grinding noise, but placing the dynamo back made it start grinding again, until I shut off all of the boilers but the little one.

I am not THAT good with Math, I would need to look up so many things that I end up confusing shit way too much, giving you a very unfaithful replication of what setup you have.

And depending on your piping the Steam might make problems if you have a Boiler next to it that emits a too small amount.

• And depending on your piping the Steam might make problems if you have a Boiler next to it that emits a too small amount.

What sort of problems? The order is this: SISIISi. I = dense invar, i = regular invar, S = steel. The dynamo is on the left and the pipe is large bronze, which can handle 900/t. It runs just fine with the titanium turbine. For that matter, why is straight titanium the weaker turbine and titanium/aluminum the stronger one? TItanium is the stronger metal and harder to obtain. And again, how the heck was the dynamo operating with only the regular invar boiler going? That shouldn't be possible under any circumstance.

• Pipes work by splitting their content over all adjacent Pipes, this can have funky effects if you have 2 different amounts of Steam go into the same Pipe, that is your issue.

• Pipes work by splitting their content over all adjacent Pipes, this can have funky effects if you have 2 different amounts of Steam go into the same Pipe, that is your issue.

So why is it an issue with the aluminum turbine but not the titanium?

Also, now I have mixed up some aqua regia and bathed some purified nickel ore and am about to complete the filter settings to close the loop, but I noticed that while I have a 1x copper cable carrying the MV to the setup, and into an MV-LV transformer, which then is connected to 4 separate mixers at the same time on different faces using 1x copper cables, the cables still burn up. Why? Shouldn't each of the 4 cables get 1 amp at 1/4 of the EU of the MV coming into the transformer so a 1x cable should be enough?

• Hi whenever I try to use GregTech 5 or GregTech 6 they never work. For GregTech 5 It crashes my cilent and says "The game crashed whilst initializing game
    Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Allele must not be null" and for GregTech 6 the game doesn't crash it gets onto a forge mod loader screen that says somehting like "Gregtech 6 was in a cycle" and lists other mods. I don't know what to do so can anyone help me please?

• Greg, can you at least make it so that ashes can be used to make iron too? At double the cost of dark ashes maybe (e.g. 7magnetite + 6ashes = 3iron)

• So why is it an issue with the aluminum turbine but not the titanium?

Also, now I have mixed up some aqua regia and bathed some purified nickel ore and am about to complete the filter settings to close the loop, but I noticed that while I have a 1x copper cable carrying the MV to the setup, and into an MV-LV transformer, which then is connected to 4 separate mixers at the same time on different faces using 1x copper cables, the cables still burn up. Why? Shouldn't each of the 4 cables get 1 amp at 1/4 of the EU of the MV coming into the transformer so a 1x cable should be enough?

Motors accept up to 2 Amps at once, so 1x Cables are for sure not enough. The Transformers dont do any "per facing" job whatsoever, that would break way too many Setups and make shit absolutely unbearable for the end user.

Greg, can you at least make it so that ashes can be used to make iron too? At double the cost of dark ashes maybe (e.g. 7magnetite + 6ashes = 3iron)

Nope, not gonna do that.

Hi whenever I try to use GregTech 5 or GregTech 6 they never work. For GregTech 5 It crashes my cilent and says "The game crashed whilst initializing game Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: Allele must not be null"

and for GregTech 6 the game doesn't crash it gets onto a forge mod loader screen that says somehting like "Gregtech 6 was in a cycle" and lists other mods. I don't know what to do so can anyone help me please?

Try actually following the install Instructions on the Download Page for GT6.

And GT5U is not made by me, maybe ask on their Thread what the Issue is.

• Nope, not gonna do that.

They are not a source of coal, charcoal, or coke coal. The ashes are still useful, but not as useful as it was earlier. I think the only way to make the game easier, is to add in some cheaty recipes :D. Ha Ha!

BTW: it's not coke like a soda pop.

• So how does the transformer decide which mixer gets how much power? And can you *please* add a current limiter cover so you can make sure that only 1 amp goes down the wire to the machine?

Also it is really annoying that you basically have to use 4x cables to all machines since they tend to actually accept a 3rd partial amp to make up for the cable loss.

• Umm... I just checked and you can't use charcoal powder to make steel even though its chemical formula is C. Is this an oversight? Because if not, how the hell are you supposed to make enough steel to get to the point where you can do sulfuric acid bathing to get carbon from sugar?

• Umm... I just checked and you can't use charcoal powder to make steel even though its chemical formula is C. Is this an oversight? Because if not, how the hell are you supposed to make enough steel to get to the point where you can do sulfuric acid bathing to get carbon from sugar?

Graphite? Geez earlygame GT6 must not be very memorable...