[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• The Advanced Pump doesn't remove BC oil source blocks any more. This spring is still full and the tank attached to it has over 4,000,000mb oil in it.

Woah it's doing some strange things. It causes the oil blocks to stop updating completely, even flowing. They just.. float midair. The BC pump works fine.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zerrens ().

• Now fix all the other 3000000 Bugs in other mods and Vanilla ;)

One thing I wish was it did not take about 60 seconds to load my mod pack.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• The Advanced Pump doesn't remove BC oil source blocks any more. This spring is still full and the tank attached to it has over 4,000,000mb oil in it.

Woah it's doing some strange things. It causes the oil blocks to stop updating completely, even flowing. They just.. float midair. The BC pump works fine.

It is intended that they just stop updating completly. Flowing Liquids cause Lag, and I fix the Lag, so guess what. Also I tested BC Oil recently as I wasnt able to pump out those MFR Poop Lakes (didnt get any Liquid from it, but the BC Pump did neither)

• It is intended that they just stop updating completly. Flowing Liquids cause Lag, and I fix the Lag, so guess what. Also I tested BC Oil recently as I wasnt able to pump out those MFR Poop Lakes (didnt get any Liquid from it, but the BC Pump did neither)

I agree on the lag part, but infinite oil is kind of broken
    it's the interaction with the 'oil spring' block in BC and giant oil geysers

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zerrens ().

• There is a new thing in the code something like every 5min or something around like 1-30 for giant geyser or something. Apparently if you enable Debug mod all them end up being the infinite spring just like the water one in a way but I think with a bit of a delay from each bucket?

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• "CovertJaguar" wrote:

Added Oil Springs

Spawns an infinite Oil Spring at bedrock under 25% of large Oil Wells.
    This Spring slowly produced more oil over time.

BlockSpring.java
    Each 6000 ticks 32% chance to regenerate 1 bucket of oil.

• That was removed due to being OP
    Now you can only get them from burning out Uranium/Plutonium Cells and hoping that they Leave their Depleted form

Isn't that a vanilla IC2 recipe though, not GregTech?

Maybe it's something like the RE-battery recipes, accidentally being hidden by the secret recipe toggle in the IC2 beta.

• BlockSpring.java
    Each 6000 ticks 32% chance to regenerate 1 bucket of oil.

Am I assuming right, that if my Pump reaches the bottom of that pit, it will block off the Spring, so that you have to go back to look if there is the Oil Spring Block, due to it being directly under the hole, and then set up a Drain Cover to get the Infinite Oil from there?

• Am I assuming right, that if my Pump reaches the bottom of that pit, it will block off the Spring, so that you have to go back to look if there is the Oil Spring Block, due to it being directly under the hole, and then set up a Drain Cover to get the Infinite Oil from there?

Is the Oil Spring a solid block?

• It's block like bedrock block. It have bedrock texture and you can't destroy this block. And you can get average 24*3600*20/6000*0.32 = 92 buckets of oil per real day.

• I wonder if one could move those blocks with gravity gun or similar method.

Also, I wonder what has happened to BC oil generation in general. In the process of trying to get a new 1.5 world going I've generated tens of worlds and explored hundreds if not thousands of chunks in each of them. Oil seems to be vastly less common than in 1.4 and I've yet to see a single one that wouldn't be the smallest one. Are there any other mods that could tone down the amount of oil spawns? Of course there is always the chance that I just incredibly unlucky.

• I wonder if one could move those blocks with gravity gun or similar method.

Also, I wonder what has happened to BC oil generation in general. In the process of trying to get a new 1.5 world going I've generated tens of worlds and explored hundreds if not thousands of chunks in each of them. Oil seems to be vastly less common than in 1.4 and I've yet to see a single one that wouldn't be the smallest one. Are there any other mods that could tone down the amount of oil spawns? Of course there is always the chance that I just incredibly unlucky.

Oddly enough, the opposite should be true with the latest Buildcraft versions.

Not only due to the infinite oil springs, but normal oil lakes can now spawn in other biomes, not just vanilla deserts. Vanilla tundra biomes have seen them added, and there are hooks being presented for biome adding mods like EBXL to dynamically add these lakes to biomes appropriate for them.

Why does that matter? Because all biomes that generate oil lakes also receive a 50% increased chance to generate oil wells since 3.5.2.

Maybe your 1.4.7 world was incredibly lucky oil-wise, being far above the expected average, and only now you're seeing a more normal level? Oil is quite rare, honestly. I've been playing with Buildcraft since 1.2.5, and I have never even seen a geysir taller than 5-6 blocks. 95% of what I find are just 1-2 block tall spouts that contain a mere 300 buckets. And while there generally is one near where I settle, I usually have to range far and wide to find more.