[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• There needs to be an upgraded version of the LESU for storing insane amounts of EU rather than some magic block that can store that much.
    Seeing as you love 4-lettered Acronyms for energy storage, Greg, why not a similar setup like an LESU, but as a form of SMES (Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage.) because right now, the LESU is cool in theory. But the input/output limitations make it fairly useless for the space and resources it consumes to give it decent output.
    Capable of storing 250,000,000 EU with the base block and an additional 100,000,000 per attached Magnetic Coil block. With 512EU/t as the default output/max input that's increased by 64 EU/t per coil.
    The SMES Block itself should/could consist of 2 Magnetic Coils, 1 Vacuum Freezer, 1 Highly Advanced Machine Block, 1 LESU Block, 1 HV Transformer and whatever else you can think of.

This has been suggested in some way many times, but this is definetly the best implementation idea I have yet seen. I completly agree, the LESU is awesome, but useless XD

• There needs to be an upgraded version of the LESU for storing insane amounts of EU rather than some magic block that can store that much.
    Seeing as you love 4-lettered Acronyms for energy storage, Greg, why not a similar setup like an LESU, but as a form of SMES (Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage.) because right now, the LESU is cool in theory. But the input/output limitations make it fairly useless for the space and resources it consumes to give it decent output.
    Capable of storing 250,000,000 EU with the base block and an additional 100,000,000 per attached Magnetic Coil block. With 512EU/t as the default output/max input that's increased by 64 EU/t per coil.
    The SMES Block itself should/could consist of 2 Magnetic Coils, 1 Vacuum Freezer, 1 Highly Advanced Machine Block, 1 LESU Block, 1 HV Transformer and whatever else you can think of.

THIS
    I NEED
    11!!!!!11!!1!!!

• In OC'd machines, doing an operation which normally takes an odd number of seconds, will the 'half' be rounded up or down? (like a recipe usually takes 25 seconds, and when OC'd will it be 12 seconds or 13)? Need quick response, thanks in advance.

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• In OC'd machines, doing an operation which normally takes an odd number of seconds, will the 'half' be rounded up or down? (like a recipe usually takes 25 seconds, and when OC'd will it be 12 seconds or 13)? Need quick response, thanks in advance.

Remember that everything is measured in Ticks, so 250 Ticks (12.5 Seconds)

• Does it really do a half?

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• This has been suggested in some way many times, but this is definetly the best implementation idea I have yet seen. I completly agree, the LESU is awesome, but useless XD

At first, I suggested these to be working as any RC-Multiblock structure, which would have been awesome (just imagine your entire house built with that, rightclick anywhere, and recharge your armor ^^)
    But you know how Greg is with Lag, and such a system was even harder to implement due to being exploitable as a lossless-cable ...

At least we need to havea cheaper recpe for it :D

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• At first, I suggested these to be working as any RC-Multiblock structure, which would have been awesome (just imagine your entire house built with that, rightclick anywhere, and recharge your armor ^^)
    But you know how Greg is with Lag, and such a system was even harder to implement due to being exploitable as a lossless-cable ...

At least we need to havea cheaper recpe for it :D

But Arent Superconductor wires Lossless anyway?

• ... They aren't really cheap ...

Oh, i thought you were talking about the Previously suggested SMES ^^
    Herp Derp :P
    What would be cool is if you had to craft a Fusion reactor like Doughnut shape out of Super conductor wires and Electromagnets, then that holds a crazy amount of power (1 Trillion? :3 outputs at 65536 eu/t)

• Does it really do a half?

It measures in Progress. "Progress += 2^Overclockers", per tick. And if then "Progress >= maxProgress", it produces once. And if you have a nondividable Progress, then it wastes a little bit of EU.

• Talking about energy storage, values above 2 billion doesn't exceed integer?
    Making technically impossible energy storages above that? Or you can use a "hack" to make it nearly "infinite" (2^31 * 2^31) [4.611.686.018.427.387.904] ?
    Maybe even 2^31^3 [9.903.520.314.283.042.199.192.993.792] ?

• I guess a storage unit could store 2^31 packets of 2^31 EU ... then you could transmit these to an IDSU that would convert 2^31 EU packet into normal EUs ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Making technically impossible energy storages above that? Or you can use a "hack" to make it nearly "infinite" (2^31 * 2^31) [4.611.686.018.427.387.904] ?
    Maybe even 2^31^3 [990.352.031.428.3042.199.192.993.792] ?

You could use the BigInteger data type, but that would probably be laggy.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• someone asked for my fuel production design.

It is actually quite simple.
    first there are 32 industrial electrolyzers making hydrogen cells (seems 32 will work, not sure why my maths says needs 33?)
    It has 120 centrifuges which accept hydrogen and make deuterium, then 24 that accept deuterium and make tritium (this consumes 96 of the 120 made before, leaving 24 spare deuterium).

Use your choice of automation to get the right cells to the right place, AE (least laggy after disabling all of its graphics settings) seems easiest, LP (probably most laggy, haven't tried it) would also work wonderfully and would require less cells to backfill the system (have it set to keep 4 hydrogen in each centrifuge, whereas other systems keep a stack, so LP needs 480 spare hydrogen cells, AE needs 7680)

Edit: Is there something I am missing in AE that will keep a certain number of items in an external inventory? The interface keeps them in its own inventory, but I want to keep 4 hydrogen cells in each centrifuge...

• I started doing one of my own.
    Since the fusor requires 1 D and 1 T every 6.4 seconds, then making 12 of each every 75 seconds works out.
    I have 72 centrifuges with 1 OC, 60 of which are making D while the other 12 are making T. They are running simultaneously (bunch of H go to the D centrifuges, then all but 12 go to the T centrifuges and in the same time the D centrifuges are doing the next cycle). The whole process take 75 seconds.
    I have two electrolyzers with 1 OC processing elec. water cells into H (the timing are that it will make 240 H in 75 seconds).
    I then have 12 electrolyzers (OC'd) electrolyzing water cells. Haven't reached the point where I'm making water cells, but that won't be too complicated).
    I'm doing everything backwards, it's easier to understand.

Maybe even 2^31^3 [990.352.031.428.3042.199.192.993.792] ?

Well, I think just using long primitive would be fastest and it would allow for practically infinite EU storage (if we won't get billion times faster fusion reactor).

• I'm doing everything backwards, it's easier to understand.

So you are building the Roof first, and then head off to the Basement? :D

Well, I think just using long primitive would be fastest and it would allow for practically infinite EU storage (if we won't get billion times faster fusion reactor).

There is no real Problem in using other Datatypes and such, even though my own internal Code limits things to Integer (and Minecraft sometimes even to Short). I could always make things like internal Variables, which store the Energy in a second Storage, but whats the point in storing more than 1000000000EU? You could run a massively Overclocked Machine for a whopping 25 Minutes with that, or two and a half Minutes with the AESU. And if you want a 8192-EU/p-Line then you can always use the Supercondensator as Buffer for that.

• but whats the point in storing more than 1000000000EU?

Because that would be awesome! Also people would do fancy things trying to reach maximum storage.
    By the way people don't need bigger storage units, they need bigger Output storage units (for example output several 8192 EU packets).
    Maybe you could change AESU to output X of Y packets ? [X = number of packets output and Y is the size of packet, maximum 2048]

If i want to run my completely overclocked automated factory producing tons of stuff? It would require insane amounts of energy...

• So you are building the Roof first, and then head off to the Basement? :D

There is no real Problem in using other Datatypes and such, even though my own internal Code limits things to Integer (and Minecraft sometimes even to Short). I could always make things like internal Variables, which store the Energy in a second Storage, but whats the point in storing more than 1000000000EU? You could run a massively Overclocked Machine for a whopping 25 Minutes with that, or two and a half Minutes with the AESU. And if you want a 8192-EU/p-Line then you can always use the Supercondensator as Buffer for that.

Main reason for the massive amount of energy is just to be able to say "I haz 100 Trillion in mah bloawk :3" And who knows, some mods might make machines/tools that use that crazy amount of power.