[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Forestry worktable gives the modified 3+1=4 version of bronze. All others use the default IC2 original bronze ratios.
    Forestry changes IC2 bronze output, it only wasn't a problem for people because it was a buff.

On a side note, what in forestry uses these "Ungodly amounts of bronze" that people keep mentioning

• Forestry changes IC2 bronze output, it only wasn't a problem for people because it was a buff.

I like how people simply don't say a word about buffs, like forestry bronze [initially when we had both together, without GT to make it match IC² standard] and UE plates (regarding usage of GT plates), but when it comes to a nerf, tons of hate is released...

• Forestry worktable gives the modified 3+1=4 version of bronze. All others use the default IC2 original bronze ratios.
    Forestry changes IC2 bronze output, it only wasn't a problem for people because it was a buff

Forestry adds a recipe to the standard Forge recipe handler, with a config file option.
    GregTech removes the Forestry recipe from the standard Forge recipe handler without a config, and without respecting Forestry's config.

I can keep this up all night, just keep making empty excuses.

• If i want to build 100 max size forestry farms, I use 0 bronze,
    Other than the Sturdy Casing which is used for 7 machines in forestry 2 in Extra Bees/Trees 2 in GT
    Machines that use bronze ingots include..
    Analyzer
    Carpenter
    Biogas Engine

Only a few items use bronze, 3 of them need multiples. the Casing, the Grafter and the Bronze gear.

I really want to know where all this bronze that forestry uses is!

• Forestry adds a recipe to the standard Forge recipe handler, with a config file option.
    GregTech removes the Forestry recipe from the standard Forge recipe handler without a config, and without respecting Forestry's config.

I can keep this up all night, just keep making empty excuses.

IC² had the standard bronze, before forestry coming in with his, greg just followed it.
    Forestry just got user preference over IC² because it was a "buff", if compared to IC².

Anyway, i don't care about it too, i'm just replying for the sake of replying.

• @DrOr I dont agree with the inability to unnerf the forestry change for the record.

With the nerf in place its quite possible to build every machine in the forestry list with ~32 Tin ore and ~96 Copper ore.

• IC² had the standard bronze, before forestry coming in with his, greg just followed it.
    Forestry just got user preference over IC² because it was a "buff", if compared to IC².

IC2 recipe is dust based, handled by the IC2 recipe handler and with only Forestry and IC2 installed, still exists in the game. (i.e., it's not being replaced by Forestry)

Forestry has a config controlled recipe added to the standard Forge recipe handler. Thus, by your own personal complaint against Tinker's Construct, there is no reason to affect this recipe in the game. This is beside the point of "user preference" or anything similar.

• IC2 recipe is dust based, handled by the IC2 recipe handler and with only Forestry and IC2 installed, still exists in the game. (i.e., it's not being replaced by Forestry)

Forestry has a config controlled recipe added to the standard Forge recipe handler. Thus, by your own personal complaint against Tinker's Construct, there is no reason to affect this recipe in the game. This is beside the point of "user preference" or anything similar.

b-but the bronze standard!

• @DrOr I dont agree with the inability to unnerf the forestry change for the record.

With the nerf in place its quite possible to build every machine in the forestry list with ~32 Tin ore and ~96 Copper ore.

Not particularly relevant. The complaint against Tinker's Construct was that the config option / wood un-nerf is superfluous because GregTech has its own config controlling it.

This is the same situation, reversed, with GregTech removing recipes that have associated config options without respecting those config options.

The why's, hows, and results of that recipe removal change nothing. It's being removed, without respecting the config.

• Not particularly relevant. The complaint against Tinker's Construct was that the config option / wood un-nerf is superfluous because GregTech has its own config controlling it.

This is the same situation, reversed, with GregTech removing recipes that have associated config options without respecting those config options.

The why's, hows, and results of that recipe removal change nothing. It's being removed, without respecting the config.

AFAIK you can still craft bronze out of ingots with gregtech and forestry installed, Greg only changes the amount of bronze you get from crafting from 4 to 2, this was to fix an exploit that regarded making bronze using forestry's recipe them macerating the bronze and centrifuging the dusts to duplicate copper and tin.

• The bronze nerf was added without a config because it causes a dupe with GT's bronze centrifuge recipe.
    Although, I do agree that he should have added a config to alter the centrifuge recipe for whatever bronze standard you prefer. However, since Greg doesn't seem to be on at the moment, and that he has been quite adamant about this particular nerf, all this bickering about it is pointless.

EDIT: Ninjas. Ninjas everywhere.

• AFAIK you can still craft bronze out of ingots with gregtech and forestry installed, Greg only changes the amount of bronze you get from crafting from 4 to 2, this was to fix an exploit that regarded making bronze using forestry's recipe them macerating the bronze and centrifuging the dusts to duplicate copper and tin.

Well yes, changing the amount outputted is done by deleting the recipe and adding a new one. This should be obvious for no other reason than it moves from the standard Forge handler, to the IC2 crafting handler.

As for the centrifuge, that's a GregTech created situation and not relevant to the fact that the complaint against Tinker's Construct is that it didn't respect GregTech's config, and now is redundant with its own config.

Come'on, keep the excuses coming! Hypocrisy feeds me.

• Hey all

Hate to be the herald of bad news but mDiyo has gone back on his word he said he would add a config option in regards to the wood nerf but in his latest version 1.4.1.4 there is a config option but it has no effect I still get 4 planks from 1 log no matter the setting (and yes I have checked Gregtech configs and it is enabled there as well). I would go mention this in his IRC channel but I am too afraid that I will chased off with pitchforks and torches.

• Perhaps he should fix his bugs then instead of mucking around with other mods' recipes.

It's not a bug, Greg added a way to get tin and copper back from bronze and as it is an Ic2 addon, it uses the Ic2 bronze ratio, and since forestry has its own ratio Greg had to change it to not cause a dupe bug.

• Hey all

Hate to be the herald of bad news but mDiyo has gone back on his word he said he would add a config option in regards to the wood nerf but in his latest version 1.4.1.4 there is a config option but it has no effect I still get 4 planks from 1 log no matter the setting (and yes I have checked Gregtech configs and it is enabled there as well). I would go mention this in his IRC channel but I am too afraid that I will chased off with pitchforks and torches.

Please don't let your own incompetence enter into this.

• Well i think Greg should just focus on 1.6.2 now and return crash code for 1.6.2 and also force TC users full hard config. I want to look that will ppl from ftb do w it, because removing GT from packs will be bad for them.
    p.s. mDyio just getting himself more followers on FTB forums w this unnerf.