[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• @TooManyMercuryCells?
    Get energy out of it. Get TC3 Quicksilver, for aspects. And start using them for Silver, Gold, Galena/Copper Ore, why not even Netherrack (well, maybe not that one xD) instead of just the things containing Platinium/Iridium ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Would I ever need 2.8k Mercury Cells?

There are tons of ores you can grind with it besides nickel and sheldonite. Gold, copper, netherrack, copper and galena all give extra produce with mercury. Single-use batteries aren't too bad either

Out of interest, enchanting electric tools IS a bug/exploit right? I'm arguing with someone, and I at least want to know what I'm talking about.

Depends on whom you ask.

• Out of interest, enchanting electric tools IS a bug/exploit right? I'm arguing with someone, and I at least want to know what I'm talking about.
    Depends on whom you ask.

I mean, is it deliberate you are allowed to do it?

• I mean, is it deliberate you are allowed to do it?

It shouldn't be possible to directly enchant electric items but it is possible to apply books with anvil. It would need a special code to disable that feature as it's from vanilla-MC (you can enchant anything that can take damage there).

• It shouldn't be possible to directly enchant electric items but it is possible to apply books with anvil. It would need a special code to disable that feature as it's from vanilla-MC (you can enchant anything that can take damage there).

Ok, seems like something that if it could be done, should have been done a while ago.

• I agree with you. But so many people out there start whining whenever there's change. Look at all the people who complained about EE3 not including so much of the OP EE2 stuff. Look at how many people are still playing MC 1.4.7 because mods they want haven't updated, and they don't want to change how they play. The real world is full of it too. People in businesses do things a certain way because "that's how it's always been done".

Suggest something new, and people freak out.

Which is sometimes fun to watch, if you do it right.

Thats not true for everyone who doesn´t want to play with GT. When I joined a Server using GT, I had no problems what so ever to switch from nerfed IC2 to Thermal Expansion. And now that Greg will smack his Banhammer into Vanilla IC2 I´m shure as hell will have no problem to let go of IC2 entirely just as I have done with RP2 when I grew bored with 1.4.7.

But to be somewhat on topc ;)
    Greg I think you got some pretty good stuff in your mod, if it wheren´t for all the nerfs solely based on promoting your mashines and a config file that pretty soon will grow bigger that many mods I use ;)

• It shouldn't be possible to directly enchant electric items but it is possible to apply books with anvil. It would need a special code to disable that feature as it's from vanilla-MC (you can enchant anything that can take damage there).

I swear it was disabled when I tried in in 1.5

• SirCB85 : Greg isn't gonna nerf IC2, he is just working on the API.
    And he isn't "promoting his own machines by nerfs", he is just "nerfing OP stuff".
    @Sirus: Core of the Vein TP ? I might want it ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• when i get back on tuesday morning, i will have a certain texture pack some people may or may not (spwnx)

Smooth core ores? yay ! (and please implement it greg)

@enchanting electric tools : you shouldn't be allowed to do so. It has been discussed and all electric items (mainly GT) are considered way too technological to be enchantable, not even with anvil.

• Is it possible to use the Large Steam Turbine with RC Boiler? I got 1 boiler feeding steam to the input hatch. The steam is being consumed but no EU are generated. (on 1.5.2) If i put steam capsule in the hatch then it's generating. So i'm wondering is it because liquiducts transfert to slowly? And is there a way to transfer more steam without using tessaract? I also tried with machine box and steam pump cover.

• Is it a bug that I cant look up recipes in NEI?

It crashes me when I do...

• Is it possible to use the Large Steam Turbine with RC Boiler? I got 1 boiler feeding steam to the input hatch. The steam is being consumed but no EU are generated. (on 1.5.2) If i put steam capsule in the hatch then it's generating. So i'm wondering is it because liquiducts transfert to slowly? And is there a way to transfer more steam without using tessaract? I also tried with machine box and steam pump cover.

You have too few Boilers. You need 2.22222 Max Size High Pressure Boilers to do that.

• Thanks for the answer. Got another question, is your turbine (100% efficiency) more efficient than RC one?

• Got another question, is your turbine (100% efficiency) more efficient than RC one?

Using a proper blade and feeding it enough steam it does put out more EU per steam and doesn't consume steel.

Greg, any rough ETA for the everything-needs-steel update? I mean is it waiting for e.g IC2 experimental to get more stable, NEI to be fixed or it's just so much tedious work that you cba to do it? :)

• Oh greg... Isn't the refined iron little toooooo easy to get? I mean seriously :X Why not make it 1 Iron Ingot = 1 Refined Nugget for example ... :D

• The Steel Update comes right when I reach the Steel level myself, meaning that I need to have a ton of Steel in my SSP World. I did that with the Bronze Blast Furnace as well.

For now I need to fix two things, 1. The Recipe Crash, 2. The Maceration Recipes to give grinded Ores instead of Dusts as I autooverride the Macerator Recipes.

Edit: Refined Iron is just there to prevent Recipe Conflicts with other Mods. nothing else.