[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Matter Fabricator was nerfed to accept only 8192/t from 8192/p so 4 plasma gen is enough to have max uu-mater production speed, but i don't remember which version has this nerf.

• @Above, it was one of the last 1.4.7 builds IIRC.

What yields the highest power per bucket of Fuel? Combustion Engines or Diesel Gens? In AE units if possible.

• What yields the highest power per bucket of Fuel? Combustion Engines or Diesel Gens? In AE units if possible.

If you ignore requiring coolant then BC engine should give more (600000 MJ/3000,000 AE energy per bucket at 30 AE energy per tick).
    In comparison diesel generator burning fuel gives you 380k EU per bucket at 12 EU/t or 760k energy at 24 energy per tick. If you convert it to nitro diesel you get about 20% increase of energy per bucket of oil.

• What yields the highest power per bucket of Fuel? Combustion Engines or Diesel Gens? In AE units if possible.

1 Bucket BC Fuel in a Combustion Engine = 600,000 MJ
    1 Bucket BC Fuel in a GT diesel Generator = 384,000 EU
    (1 Nitro-Diesel Cell in a GT diesel generator = 400,000 EU)

In AE units (standard math):
    1 MJ = 5 units
    1 EU = 2 units
    600,000 * 5 = 3,000,000 AE units
    384,000 * 2 = 768,000 AE units

6MJ/t * 5 = 30 units/tick (Combustion)
    12EU/t * 2 = 24 units/tick (Diesel)

So if you're trying to power an AE network off of BC Fuel, Combustion Engines will give you almost 4x the energy per bucket, at a 25% greater rate per tick than diesel generators.
    [ninja'd]

• (1 Nitro-Diesel Cell in a GT diesel generator = 400,000 EU)

People tend to forget that out of 4 buckets of oil you can get 4 buckets of fuel that you can convert to 5 buckets of nitro diesel. Yes, the conversion itself also takes some power but nowhere near as much as it adds.

Though it's still not enough to make up for the far higher output of combustion engines.

• I don't even need to do so, you already did. :3
    can be a ridicuously large number too.

I know this comes across a bit like trolling, but infinity is not(!!!) a number. It's an abstract concept. There is a reason why mathmaticians occupy themselves with very large numbers (like googol, googolplex).

We have not enough minerals! ~Executor

beep bop? zzzzz beee?!

• Greg, what is the Replicator?

Just wait a few versions of IC2, its like 90% done ;p
    Hint: To do with the new matter fab system.

• i'm going to try posting it again :p as my previous post didn't got any reply and i would love to know if this is know or if this is just with the recent changes to the api of ic².

when i try using superconductorwire they just dont transfer power (the ic² power grid is doing a bit funky anyway if you ask me, but it still transfers power) i ran it on our server and in the server logs i've found something like cannot find superconductorwire api, adding superconductorwire api (this is not exactly what was found in the logs cause i accidenly deleted them after reading them thinking they would not be necessary anymore).

if anyone could geve me some info on this that would be awesome

• Infinity is only for exponential equations.

Also, ; Yotta is a pretty big number (Septillion)

xkcd once had a nice idea about creating large numbers. Imagine a big number. Now you take a sheet of paper and write down the digits until you fill the entire page. Not enough space? Write down the number of pages you would need to write the digits down completely. Still not enough? Write down the number of pages you would need to write down the number of pages you would need to write the digits down completely. Repeat until finished. and count the number of "layers". The number you'll get will be so extremely large that there are no practical applications for it and still it's nothing compared to infinity.

beep bop? zzzzz beee?!

• After 10^180, there really isn't much point because anything much larger is completely pointless, Assuming the universe is a sphere, 10^180 is the amount of plank lengths in the observable universe ;p

• Dafack is it a bug or do you really need a advanced machine casing / steel hull for a simple generator? :O

Well, It IS Electricity! What were you expecting? Crappy Bronze?
    Yeah its a feature ;p

I also think all the other machines should use that because otherwise its too easy to get into the electric age, if everything uses simple iron ore.

• After 10^180, there really isn't much point because anything much larger is completely pointless, Assuming the universe is a sphere, 10^180 is the amount of plank lengths in the observable universe ;p

Well, you could calculate how many possible universes there could be of this size. If you think that's ridiculous then look up wikipedia on the googleplex article. You find this interesting estimation:

In a separate article, Page shows that the number of states in a black hole with a mass roughly equivalent to the Andromeda Galaxy is in the range of a googolplex.

beep bop? zzzzz beee?!