[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• It's not about the bug's in Gregtech (that i personally never experienced). I think slowpoke is talking about the history of Gregtech when it comes to.. well.. cooperating with other Mod Developers.

• It's not about the bug's in Gregtech (that i personally never experienced). I think slowpoke is talking about the history of Gregtech when it comes to.. well.. cooperating with other Mod Developers.

Greg is always up to cooperate with other mods, the opposite is the problem.

Any problems that have happened so far with GT were because the other end were stubborn.

• @spnwx in FTB forum posts:

I totally agree with splitting the configs into two separate ones that can be dropped into an y FTB pack. One "Normal" and one "Hard Mode" just as you described them.

If we can separate out which version of GT works best with the version of IC2 in the different mod packs, then we can just make that version of GT available separately.

If Slowpoke can host two config versions, and we can host the "Version of GT that supports FTB packs", then we can setup a GTCW page that keeps track of changes, etc, and FTB can just point ppl there.

There will be occassional updates, but Slow just has to post in this thread to let us know of upcoming FTB updates (IC2 version changes), and we can update configs / GTCW page / GT version every so often.

On the GTCW page we can offer updated configs / GT versions for people that want to keep up with Bleeding-edge GT (updated as GT versions changes make it worthwhile).

• @GT Easy configs

Here are my slightly old but still working easier GT configs, which you can hardly tell Gregtech is here apart from the things Greg adds and tin bucket recipe going.
    Open to suggestions :)

Files

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Greg is always up to cooperate with other mods, the opposite is the problem.

I think the FTB Team only had the choice to remove Gregtech from their list since his (slowpoke) post says that multiple mod authors denied technical support when the pack includes Gregtech. I think it's up to the dev's how to handle the actual situation when it comes to problems like this. We can discuss all day and night, but in the end the dev's decide how to proceed.

• @ GT hard configs:
    And since Slow won't host Unhinged 1.6.4 ;) we can have suggestions on the GTCW page for modifications to other MODs configs to make it more difficult. IE: remove Fortune-smelt from TiC configs, how to make Bronze age a viable path, etc.

• multiple mod authors

He could have at least said who.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Greg is always up to cooperate with other mods, the opposite is the problem.

Any problems that have happened so far with GT were because the other end were stubborn.

This is exactly what is happening.

I see something bad happening, put a bandaid on it and output a Log to make the bad thing get fixed by the one who caused it (mostly not even knowing who it was, since I only look into Logs of other people to see the bad things)
    Dev comes here and asks about why the Log is outputting Warnings with his Mod and GT.
    I explain it to them in a convenient, logical and surprisingly easy to read wall of text, which I even write for more than half an hour.
    They ignore it and get angry for no reason, kill the most important Part of my Code (even though they knew they had other choices, such as putting their Stuff onto my Ignore List...), and start some kind of Flamewar, instead of asking for the log to ignore their Stuff.
    And then after the flamewar they have started, they ask for it to be ignored...
    I then just remove any OreDict Support (instead of just the OreDict Warnings) for their Mod since they cannot use any kind of logic.

I hate it when that happens, but I cant do anything about those illogical people.

On another Note, I updated the Q/A about the Forge Log warning you about Items no longer being supported when updating to 1.7, since I do an ID Overhaul at that Update anyways.

• I don't think that this would be very helpful. ;)

It can't not be helpful either. Gives Slow and excuse for not paying attention to what's happening :P

I see this too much.

• It can't not be helpful either. Gives Slow and excuse for not paying attention to what's happening :P

I think this line of conversation is completely useless. Slow has Absolutely no control over mod-authors, and is actually at their mercy completely. (See: GT and technic).

• I think this line of conversation is completely useless. Slow has Absolutely no control over mod-authors, and is actually at their mercy completely. (See: GT and technic).

That's why he needs an excuse so the people who believe he is actually in control don't have their dreams crushed

I see this too much.

• It can't not be helpful either. Gives Slow and excuse for not paying attention to what's happening :P

There are obviously two sides on this story which got discussed to death. The FTB Team had 2 choices: they could either made a pack without Gregtech but with tech support from the dev's or with Gregtech and risk getting drowned in bug reports which aren't getting cleared by the dev's. For me as a player, this doesn't really concerns me because there is a universal config which has gregtech included and (atm) there is no compatibility issue with other mod's i use that i am aware of.

• If the rule is that there should be no TiCo and GregTech together, why not exclude TiCo? I people want GregTech, give it to them! It isn't imperative to have TiCo in every pack.
    I hope that the ForgeCraft Crew look at the recent posts and try to absorb what we have been stating all along...

• For me as a player, this doesn't really concerns me because there is a universal config which has gregtech included and (atm) there is no compatibility issue with other mod's i use that i am aware of.

See. It's all good :)

I see this too much.

If the rule is that there should be no TiCo and GregTech together, why not exclude TiCo? I

Like slowpoke said, there are multiple mod's that won't give support when the pack includes Gregtech.

• Like slowpoke said, there are multiple mod's that won't give support when the pack includes Gregtech.

Unspecified mods 8|

I see this too much.

• Like slowpoke said, there are multiple mod's that won't give support when the pack includes Gregtech.

if those idiots don't tell greg why they don't give support, this can't change. and if they do it, so in possible future they don't have to take care about their own bugs being reported, then they stay idiots.

if those idiots don't tell greg why they don't give support, this can't change. and if they do it, so in possible future they don't have to take care about their own bugs being reported, then they stay idiots.

Like i said, there are two sides. It was discussed, bad words flew around and client's crashed. It's up to the dev's how they want to proceed. I also think this growing way to big. It's easy to add gregtech to any FTB pack that uses the universal config. It's just that there won't be an official pack anymore so people need to copy and paste the gregtech.zip into the folder and start the launcher again->Done. Takes 2 minutes, isn't complicated and in the end the community get's what it want's.

• Like i said, there are two sides. It was discussed, bad words flew around and client's crashed. It's up to the dev's how they want to proceed. I also think this growing way to big. It's easy to add gregtech to any FTB pack that uses the universal config. It's just that there won't be an official pack anymore so people need to copy and paste the gregtech.zip into the folder and start the launcher again->Done. Takes 2 minutes, isn't complicated and in the end the community get's what it want's.

Of course it is up to the devs how they want to proceed, but it would be a great idea to actually try and CONSULT GREG if there is a problem. Its like finding a bug in some software and not bothering to report it.