[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• The macerator gives you 2x Crushed Ore which smelts into 10 nuggets of the given metal. That's 2/9th's of a bonus and it's guaranteed, compared to the Pulverizer's sporadic 1/10th return.

• The macerator gives you 2x Crushed Ore which smelts into 10 nuggets of the given metal. That's 2/9th's of a bonus and it's guaranteed, compared to the Pulverizer's sporadic 1/10th return.

Wow, thanks for your fast reply,

really? since which version i get 10 nuggets from 2 crushed ores?

i dont noticed that, i will download the latest version now and check this out! :) thank you really much

• Wow, thanks for your fast reply,

really? since which version i get 10 nuggets from 2 crushed ores?

i dont noticed that, i will download the latest version now and check this out! :) thank you really much

10 nuggets every crushed ore, so 20 nuggets per ore if in a macerator.

Plus, the further up you go, the bonuses get better and better.

• ZPM = Greg's creative scanner.

Nope, 2000000000 EU Tier 7 Singleuse Battery.

But why does it have to crash my game?

It doesn't.

It should just bug you not crash your game. One of the errors is with bop gems. Bop isnt gonna get fixed because they arent updating their 1.6 versions anymore. It shouldnt crash just warn you!

It doesn't crash your Game, something else does and you confuse the Warning I generate in the Log with the Crash. If something ever crashes on you go to the BOTTOM of the Log to look for the reason.

• Then why are you showing us awfully cropped images where nothing useful is to be seen and highest number for something unknown is showing 0.0018s? Show us some actually useful data!

What kind of data would you want? I have the same huge amounts of update time on GT machines and I'm curious as to why it's so large.

• Hold on guiz, let me spend about two hours collecting arbitrary data so that I can demonstrate how having your machines scan the entire ore dictionary twenty times a second is a bad thing. At least this is what I assume and, I use that word on these forums loosely less I be attacked by the oh so wonderful modding community for something else, that Greg's machines are indeed doing this.

Here's an example message of a GT machine spamming the console about lag: WARNING: Possible Lag Source at [-915, 122, 281] in Dimension 0 with 106ms caused by an instance of class gregtechmod.common.tileentities.machines.GT_MetaTileEntity_Electrolyzer

Note that this one is "behaving" though I'd hardly call 102ms for a completely idle machine optimal. There are thirty machines, thirty times one hundred equals three thousand. Three thousand milliseconds equals three seconds. That's three seconds times twenty. So roughly translated and, highly simplified, my server spends a good minute going "Hey Gregtech machines, sup" every cycle.

Please keep in mind that this number spikes substantially for idle machines and, more so for machines currently processing items.

Here's a "horribly cropped" image for you, hopefully it meets your strict standards of image cropping. I'm just a wee little paint using plebeian after all, I wouldn't want to step on the toes of the photoshop using Minecraft playing master race: http://i.imgur.com/Bk0wHGR.png

Since I'm new to Opis, I'm not entirely sure how it's gathering this data nor do I know why Greg's machines read as an error. Mind you, they are the only machines that suffer from this problem. I would assume that it produces data on a per tick basis and, I shouldn't have to explain tick mechanics to a mod developer so I'll leave it up to the peanut gallery to perform their research. If someone wants to elaborate on how Opis is actually recording this information, I'd be delighted. Try to resist your innate urge to patronize others though, it comes across as hostile.

The machine in question is a single plate bending machine with a tin plate in its inventory.

What I can infer from the above picture is that idle GT machines with items in their inventory are spending a great deal of time doing something. When you consider that my factory has hundreds of machines, thousands of ME cables, thousands of energy conduits and, dozens upon dozens of pulverizers/redstone furnaces near constantly running you wouldn't think a single machine doing nothing wouldn't top that list, hm?

Processor usage: http://i.imgur.com/VhWvMVJ.png This jumped up from fifteen to fifty when I activated a small Bauxite processing system.

Mr. laggy platebender: http://i.imgur.com/0PKOgKC.png There it is, driving my tickrate into the bowls of hell. Opis has gone and highlighted it red for me, if it weren't obvious enough.
    Here are the internals: http://i.imgur.com/xCCs8NX.png There it sits, a single tin plate. Greg's machine unified it into the Gregtech version of tin plate which I'm sure it's constantly trying to do despite the fact that it has already been done.

After removing the plate: http://i.imgur.com/wUFKAmJ.png
    Here, just to be safe, you can see that I have indeed removed the plate: http://i.imgur.com/LzWLkDC.png You can see the plate in my inventory.

Ah yes, cpu usage has dropped by three percent: http://i.imgur.com/RTrbL0u.png I'm sure by removing any items from within the inventories of GT machines would drop this significantly based upon this simple trial. There by using the scientific method, I will run about my base applying my hypothesis in a "real" world environment.

End results weren't producing the cpu usage decline I was hoping for. I'm guessing that I'd have to remove the machines or disable Gregtech and, start the server again. I'm currently not in the mood to do this right now. I came home to relax, not to create in-depth bug reports.

Tickrate improved drastically. The server went from barely sustaining ten tps to a solid comfortable twenty. Opening chests/doors, teleporting, moving about felt fluid and smooth as it should.

Opis wasn't registered any laggy chunks, only a single Ore Washing plant and a logistics pipe chassis were registering.

Based upon this brief experiment, Gregtech machines appear to decrease server tickrate when sitting idle with items waiting to be processed. Perhaps someone with access to Greg's code, or Greg himself can elaborate here. What exactly are these machines doing?

After reactivating my Gregtech machines server tickrate immediately plummets: http://i.imgur.com/yF0RiYC.png

Hopefully that's worthy of recognition. I'm going to go back to what I originally planned on doing after coming home from work. Relaxing.

For anyone else making this connection, please provide your data. I'm sure it would help Greg and, for the love of all things I'm being witty and sarcastic not dickish. Just making sure we understand that.

• Mighty fine lag you've got there. Can't see why Gregtech would scan the entire ore dictionary upon startup and do it every tick as well though. Can't come up with a better reason for the tick rate drop so expect we'll need Greg to work it out

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I've seen other reports that idle machines that has an item within the inventory may cause lag for whatever reason (maybe searching for a recipe for the item inside it?)
    Correct me if i'm wrong :3

• V4.08 o:
    Decreased Recipe Scanning Lag of basic Machines.
    Added ZPMs (2000000000 EU Tier 7 Single Use Batteries found randomly in the World, but I won't tell you where). They need an High Energy Charger (also new) in order to be decharged. You might need something else to downtransform the enormous amount of Energy properly.
    Changed Lapotronic Energy Orbs to the new Meta Item, note that you can craft your old Orbs into them without any Extra Cost or Energy Loss.
    Batteries and similar of GT now have their Texture depending on amount of Charge.

• You might need something else to downtransform the enormous amount of Energy properly.

Do EV-Transformers have an upper limit of 8192EU/t, or can they take 131722 (Whatever the High Energy Charges outputs at)?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Automatic Canning machine lagging, taking nearly 2s to empty 1 compressed air cell.

Not Lag. It checks the Recipe less frequently, also it reacts to Inventory Changes in addition to the timer.

And if you mean the Recipe taking whole 2 Seconds, then it might be the Recipe being like "This stuff needs entire 2 Seconds to process".

• Not Lag. It checks the Recipe less frequently, also it reacts to Inventory Changes in addition to the timer.

And if you mean the Recipe taking whole 2 Seconds, then it might be the Recipe being like "This stuff needs entire 2 Seconds to process".

[EDIT]

Ok, found out (understood your point) what happens:
    Now the Automatic Canning Machine does not handle next item unless it receive a recipe check for each item in slot. It does so much less frequently or when output inventory change.

To workaround this (Steve operated), I added a conveyor module in export mode and, this is causing an output inventory change, and it force the machine to handle the next cell.

I am not sure it is good or not. Surely it solves some CPU load.
    It does not help if the machine is not part of an automated unloading. (Steve operated)

While the machine is given a stack of same itemType to handle, why should it check the recipe for each individual item in the stack where all items will need the very same recipe?

Could it only check the recipe once (the itemStack in input inventory change) instead of polling recipe for each input or output inventory change?

The post was edited 1 time, last by leagris ().

• To me it would make more sense to have the dense plate require the integrated circuit because that's the higher end device, uses less circuits per iron (omg easy mode!!!), and is more intuitive when dumping a stack of iron into a plate bender.

Integrated circuits are not consumed, they simply set the mode for the machine.

• Greg you added zero point modules. Well by definition zero point energy can never be depleted. And it is also made when all energy is removed from a certain space. It looks like you have some features to implement.