[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Aren't you people aware of google image search?
    http://tsubasaotone.deviantart…t/Misaka-render-424688492

So, it is Misaka Mikoto. I even watched the whole series (railgun and majutsu, I and II)... but i couldnt recognize her in that outfit as she is intentionally "hiding" her identity.

Well, i knew about the google search by image, but i was too lazy. It was easier to ask i say.

• Good evening to all.

I have a bug: GregTech machines (such as E-Furnace) can't receive power from IC2 Experimental cables. It looks like that cable is connected, but any gregtech machine will run and do some work only when powered by EU-Batteries or by adjacent AESU. I tried every cable, even i tried reinstalling both IC2 and GregTech (with deleting all config folder), but nothing helped.

Minecraft v. 1.6.4, IC2 2.0.397 (also tried on .145 - same bug), GregTech 4.0.1b, Forge 9.11.1.965, also bspkps v3.05 Core installed (if it's make any sense).

Is there any fix for it? Google doesn't give anything helpful.

P.S. To aka13_404, чтоб не писать отдельное сообщение - у вас в статусе пользователя опечатка "Soviert Russia".

• update gt to the last version.

• Hello,

Sometimes warnings are cast to console about some GregTech machines as possible lag sources, though these are IDLE most of the time. How is it happening?

These two warning samples where at a time with 0 player online, IDLing industrial Grinder with empty top input slot and piped-in water from bottom face.

• Solar-Induced Hybrid Fuel Cell Produces Electricity Directly from Biomass
    http://www.news.gatech.edu/201…ctricity-directly-biomass
    Greg,
    I just saw this study summed up by "Now, researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology have developed a
    new type of low-temperature fuel cell that directly converts biomass to
    electricity with assistance from a catalyst activated by solar or
    thermal energy. The hybrid fuel cell can use a wide variety of biomass
    sources, including starch, cellulose, lignin – and even switchgrass,
    powdered wood, algae and waste from poultry processing."
    Do you think you could invent a machine that would use solar or geothermal power to convert biomass into electricity?

Edit:

Actually now that I think of it, your semi fluid generator may already to this? >.<

Edit 2: The semi-fluid generator may just be using combustion which would not be as efficient as the process described in the paper I would think.

• It is pretty much the same thing, except the process they are using requires no oxidiser. Slightly more efficient, much worse by-products.

• I have the latest versions of GT and IC installed and for some weird reason the recipe for the MV-Transformer shows as being a copper cable. Is this NEI screwing things up or am I missing something? I already tried deleting the configs and let them generate again

• I have the latest versions of GT and IC installed and for some weird reason the recipe for the MV-Transformer shows as being a copper cable. Is this NEI screwing things up or am I missing something? I already tried deleting the configs and let them generate again

yes, NEI screws it up...it is standart recipe : machine block, surrounded from top and bottom by copper insulated cable :)

Yes, that is nei being screwed up, the usual recipe should still work. Granted, I haven't tried it in the lastest version, but this keeps popping up every now and then.

• Greg, there are like 5 commits from Player in last 2.5 months, should we consider main IC2 development stalled? I think you should try to get independent for 1.7 release, coz IC2 may take too much time to update.

• Greg, Can you Explain how the number of Lapo energy Orb Upgrades in a Machine box change its output EU/T?

Lapotronic Energy Orb upgrades would not change the output EU/t of a Machine Box, UNLESS the Machine Box had been Transformer-upgraded to make it attempt to output a packet size larger than its internal storage. (And if that was the case, any EU storage upgrade would work, not just a LE Orb.)

• Greg, there are like 5 commits from Player in last 2.5 months, should we consider main IC2 development stalled? I think you should try to get independent for 1.7 release, coz IC2 may take too much time to update.

Player is working on 1.7

I thought it was quite obvious they don't publish their 1.7 commit logs since the mod itself isn't public for it either.

• A

Lapotronic Energy Orb upgrades would not change the output EU/t of a Machine Box, UNLESS the Machine Box had been Transformer-upgraded to make it attempt to output a packet size larger than its internal storage. (And if that was the case, any EU storage upgrade would work, not just a LE Orb.)

Afaik that is not entirely correct: 4 Transformer Upgrades make a machine output less than 8k EU/t. That is only possible with a certain number of energy upgrades, Greg should know the details.