[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Light blue aluminium.
    Purple titanium.
    Black Tungsten.
    White iridium.
    Green uranium.
    Red Plutonium.
    Is orange bronze really that unusual, given these?

Just want to mention, by the way, this is what uranium looks like:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi…mmons/d/d8/HEUraniumC.jpg

This is what tungsten looks like:
    http://0.tqn.com/d/chemistry/1…1/tungsten-or-wolfram.jpg

This is iridium:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi…m2.jpg/220px-Iridium2.jpg

notice how they all look exactly the same, ignoring the shaping and polish differences? They're pretty much all indistinguishable from eachother, all nondescript iron-gray metals. If Greg went for realistic color schemes for his metals, 90% of them would be indistinguishable from iron.

• Maybe we should color metals by the colors of their common salts.

However, there are metals with multiple oxidation states and colors, such as Cu (I) - brown & Cu (II) - blue. Not sure how to resolve that though.

On a side note, that makes iridium rainbow-colored.

• I AM ONLY COMPLAINING ABOUT BRONZES COLOUR BECAUSE IT IS UGLY AS HELL
    SERIOUSLY GREG
    USE SOMETHING LIKE #CF9229 or #D4AD2C

Tungsten oxide is also fairly black, Titanium Chloride is purple (although incredibly purple), Uranium fluoride/ most uranium ores are green, Plutonium 239 glows red due to its heat from radioactivity and aluminium oxide is slightly blue. SLIGHTLY.

• I AM ONLY COMPLAINING ABOUT BRONZES COLOUR BECAUSE IT IS UGLY AS HELL
    SERIOUSLY GREG
    USE SOMETHING LIKE #CF9229 or #D4AD2C

Tungsten oxide is also fairly black, Titanium Chloride is purple (although incredibly purple), Uranium fluoride/ most uranium ores are green, Plutonium 239 glows red due to its heat from radioactivity and aluminium oxide is slightly blue. SLIGHTLY.

I'm not a fan of either of those to be honest. I feel that bronze really needs to be similar to what it's always been, for ease of recognition, and because it will be too similar to other metals if we change it.

• #FE5809

From left to right:
    Greg's bronze, My Suggested Bronze, Actual Bronze, MC Gold.

• I think it's not bright enough :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Quick question, how would one get the assets for an existing gregtech machine to make a spinoff machine, I.E. An implosion compressor that alloys 2 materials to make new ones, such as a composite between Energy Crystals and, oh I don't know, Forcillium, to make a new elemental resource named Xenthite as the base material for a mod?

You know, in theory?

P.S. Spellcheck recommended that Forcillium be changed to Californium.
    Facepalmed so much. :wacko:

• Is forestry going open-sourced? Kinda big news I guess.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Probably because Player wasn't going to do anything past port it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Better than nothing)

Indeed it is. No Player = no Forestry 1.7 at all

I see this too much.

• I agree Sirus. Greg, If you don't trust ours, or even your own judgement, you can also use Adobe Kuler (kuler.adobe.com) for colors, it makes color scheme creation much easier. Or you can rely on people with design taste.

• but the machines could be less of a bright orange.

Notice the could in this sentence. That means they won't.

I see this too much.