[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• When GC is installed, we disable GC aluminium as we have GT bauxite for that.

I know that would result in Aluminium being a byproduct only, but was never needed when I created the modpack for the server. Even though Aluminum could be found in abundance, we could only make use of it once we got to the Electical age. The server world has been running for quite some time now and I sure don't feel like starting over because worldgen has already spawned Aluminum ore. Just curious what caused this behaviour to change and if it might be possible to fix it (without having to start over)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." (Mark Twain)
    GregTech is a wonderful time consuming challenge!
    Fun Paradise V is on it's way ...

• You can use Minetweaker and disable the regular smelting recipe then (may require quite some effort to do it).

By the way, bauxite main metal is aluminium, titanium is the byproduct of it.

• Hmm, I think something is wrong once again.
    I have the required textures for certain block sides, and others work, but some textures refuse to be used.
    I have checked and the names are correct.
    Ignore graininess:

I would like a reply, greg :p
    Backdraft, have you been having this problem too?

• You can use Minetweaker and disable the regular smelting recipe then (may require quite some effort to do it).

By the way, bauxite main metal is aluminium, titanium is the byproduct of it.

Thnx SpwnX, I have tried to avoid using MineTweaker so far, but am familiar with it. I might disable it that way since balance is gone now. I do regret not having disabled Aluminum ore spawning from GC now. As I recall 39 Bauxite dust gives 16 Aluminium dusts and byproducts. Might have been a bit unbalanced already with the abundance of Aluminum ore spawning. Going to space should be hard ;)

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." (Mark Twain)

• What other ores does GC spawn?

I might have a way to fix it without minetweaker if you want to remove only aluminium ore from spawning (And removing old aluminium GC ore)

• I found the problem, after running a file check with a batch program I made xD
    Greg, I think when loading textures you search for .png instead of all equivalents, such as .PNG :p I shall change the file formats for mine, however it would be deathly convenient for you to search for both, if possible.

• What other ores does GC spawn?

I might have a way to fix it without minetweaker if you want to remove only aluminium ore from spawning (And removing old aluminium GC ore)

Galacticraft spawns Aluminum ore, Copper ore, Silicon ore and Tin ore (Copper and Tin both disabled in my core.conf for GC). GC also has a config for the Moon (moon.conf) for spawning Cheese ore on the Moon.
    Would be interested in the solution, although Galacticraft is also trying to figure out what caused the change.
    See Galacticraft post here: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/in…her-mods.3991/#post-31223
    Quoted from Radfast on the Galacticraft forum:

@Devilin Pixy, just to be clear for your Gregtech posting - GC does register the Aluminum Ore to the Ore Dictionary, registers it 3 times as "Aluminum Ore", "Aluminium Ore" and "Natural Aluminum Ore". The ore was registered the same way in 1010 and 1044 versions. Before today, the GC Aluminum Ingot was only registered once to the Ore Dictionary, as "ingotAluminum". I have changed that as from today, added "ingotAluminium" and "ingotNaturalAluminum".

• Making it only costs steel would make it more appealing to all players who use other mods that offer auto mining options in their packs.

GT has never tried to fit itself to the progress path of other mods. It also has never pretended to be aimed at people who prefer going for the easiest and most OP way like many other mods seem to do nowadays.

I was saying that the server im on made the BC quarry even MORE expensive than the GT recipe, and people STILL wont make Miners. They KEPT the drill but instead of the Iron gears, they substituted GT steel gears, so more metal required, and its 24 steel for 3 years, vs 8 ingots for the BC gears.

As I said, GT makes that change to the quarry by default.

I just made an ender quarry, skipped right on by a Miner.

Well, ender quarry is obscenely OP anyways. I can't see how it could be balanced, even with massively increased cost for creating it.

As for making titanium, the first blast furnace I made was 2000K. The wiki says titanium is 1500K, stainless is 2000.

Apparently I have had some sort of conflict for big part of the time I have played 1.6. I made a clean new install with minimal mods (removed the old configs+non-GT needed stuff) and now NEI reports the smelting point of titanium properly at 1500K. I'm not sure how that could have happened but indeed titanium takes less heat than stainless steel.

• https://code.google.com/p/midas-gold/downloads/list

Grab that and change the aluminium ore from GC to stone, then disable GC Aluminium spawning and you should be sweet.

Thnx Quintine, I used mIDas before although it's been a while. Nice to see it's still being maintained and I will definitely give it a try.

• I found the issue for the Aluminum ore to ingots smelting recipe from Galacticraft not being changed by Gregtech! I have done some testing in Single Player.

• Reverted client back to the date prior to updating GC. Running version 1010. Created new world (creative SP). No issues, smelting recipe disabled for Aluminum ore to ingots which is changed by GregTech.
    • Copied instance and updated GC to version 1044. Created new world (creative SP). No issues, smelting recipe for Aluminum ore to ingots is still disabled by GregTech.
    • Copied instance and updated MineFactoryReloaded to a GregTech friendly version of MFR which I got from someone on the GT forum to remove childish behaviour (console spam with messages added by SkyBoy in his final 1.6.4 release for MFR). Now the issue is there! Smelting recipe for Aluminum ore to ingots is back and only other option showing in NEI is 3 entries in the Ore Dictionary to change Aluminum ore (GC) to Aluminum ore (GC).

Conclusion: The MFR GregTech friendly version is causing the issue! To be clear about this, it is not the original MFR final version causing the issue, but an edited version of this release made by someone else.

Is it possible to fix the GT friendly version Pwnie2012? Somehow the edits made to MFR cause this issue, but I would still love a GT *friendly* version. Or has this childish behaviour been removed again from MFR-1.6.4-final ?