[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• How much L/sec of steam does the small lava boiler output?

And is the lava boiler multiblock a possibile future implementation? Because it looks like in a boiler lava is much more efficient than in a simple EU generator like the one from 1.6.

• How much L/sec of steam does the small lava boiler output?

And is the lava boiler multiblock a possibile future implementation? Because it looks like in a boiler lava is much more efficient than in a simple EU generator like the one from 1.6.

From what I understood from surcecode, 150 mB/t.
    ANd, I think greg said it is intended, that you do not have a multiblock which is even more efficient.

• 150 or 15mb/t ? Because the coal steel one is only 15, and it would be a huge difference between the two of them, for roughly no difference in the cost/craft (and remembering that a basic steam turbine consumes 102L/t.. 150 seems too much)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kvykv ().

• From what I understood from surcecode, 150 mB/t.
    ANd, I think greg said it is intended, that you do not have a multiblock which is even more efficient.

Very well, thank you. I have been able to build a pretty useful structure that resembles a multiblock machine, in fact 3x3x4, and it has 16 lava boilers and pipes providig lava, water and taking away steam.

But I don't know what to do with so much steam. Suggestions? :P

• Assuming the math hasn't changed from when I extracted it from the source 3 months ago,(it hasn't) the Lava Boiler outputs 300L Steam every 10 ticks, for an average rate of 30L/t. This is equal to twice the output of a High Pressure Coal Boiler.

• V5.03e:
    Fixed a few Bugs.
    The Scanner can now analyze Bees and Trees.
    I have no Idea how it happened but the Charcoal from Logs Recipe I added to TC is or was somehow broken, it worked for me in SSP, but somehow it doesn't on the server, at least not properly.
    Generalized Basic Machines even more.

• Assuming the math hasn't changed from when I extracted it from the source 3 months ago, (it hasn't) the Lava Boiler outputs 300L Steam every 10 ticks, for an average rate of 30L/t. This is equal to twice the output of a High Pressure Coal Boiler

Are you sure about this? Because this means that the lava boiler outputs 600mB or liters per second, 10 times less than what said aka13_404.

Why don't you ask directly Greg on kirara? Looks like he doesen't answer here...

• Are you sure about this? Because this means that the lava boiler outputs 600mB or liters per second, 10 times less than what said aka13_404.

Why don't you ask directly Greg on kirara? Looks like he doesen't answer here...

I am very sure that is the output rate of the Lava Boiler, because that is what the source code tells me it is. 300L Steam every 10 Ticks.
    For comparison, the HPCB outputs 150L Steam every 10 ticks, and the SCB and Solar Boiler each output 150L Steam every 25 ticks. And actually, this is math that hasn't changed since Greg implemented the Boilers last year.
    Edit: and I don't ask him on Kirara because I'm not actually on Kirara. Maybe I should be, idk, but larger-scale servers have never really been my thing.

• Hi all, faced with a problem, I can not find the soldering iron and solder to repair the turbine. I understand they do not have?

Greg hasn't added the soldering iron back in yet. You'll need to use the Braintech duct tape for the moment.

• I discovered that there is a new feature in the last update that occurs when you walk on top of a pipe that is carrying lava, you die. Is there a plate that you can use to cover the pipe so you don't die when walking on it? I tried rubber and died as fast as with no cover. All metal cover you also die. Also if you touch a steam pipe it hurts. There should be some kind of cover (insulated cover) that can be used for hot pipes?

• Best solution ever.

It really is. It's also a workaround for not having the right tools to fix a problem, because 1 item of Braintech Aerospace Advanced Reinforced Duct Tape FAL-84 ("If you can't fix it with this, use more of it") (why on earth do i have that memorized by now...) will clear all problems with a Multiblock Machine at once.

I discovered that there is a new feature in the last update that occurs when you walk on top of a pipe that is carrying lava, you die. Is there a plate that you can use to cover the pipe so you don't die when walking on it? I tried rubber and died as fast as with no cover. All metal cover you also die. Also if you touch a steam pipe it hurts. There should be some kind of cover (insulated cover) that can be used for hot pipes?

First Fluid pipes checked the Temperature value of fluids flowing through them, and if the fluid was hotter than the pipe material could handle the pipe turned into Fire... And now Pipes acquire the temperature of the fluids heading through them
    What is this, it's almost like Greg's trying to add semi-realistic thermal physics to Minecraft.
    In all seriousness though, a cover that could be put on a pipe that would prevent you from taking contact damage from it would be rather useful to most people. Maybe like a modified version of the Grate Cover, because walking on grates either suspended or supported above hot pipes to protect you from them would make sense.

• That is kind of why I though that rubber plates would do something. Also it is a bit odd that you can take a dip in a lake of lava with armor on and get right out and all it does is light you on fire. It usually stops before you die but if you step on a pipe with lava in it, you die immediately. no fire on warning you are dead.

One suggestion would be to use Chrysotile (Aspestos) as using the Chrysotile dust in a wire mill to create Asbestos fibers (similar to the carbon fibers used to make carbon mesh. Have it make an asbestos plate that is a heat insulator.