[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Greg, prepare your crystal ball and tarot cards, I got this error in nether:
    pastebin link
    After 5 seconds I spend in nether I get disconnected with reason: "Fatal error has occured, this connection is terminated."

• Suggestion: Replace Fool's Ruby with Realgar. It's not like Arsenic is used for anything anyway :P

Spinel would be more Historicly accurate. Also Corrundom and Spinel both form in distinct maroon crystals whilst Realgar forms red-orange masses.

• Spinel would be more Historicly accurate. Also Corrundom and Spinel both form in distinct maroon crystals whilst Realgar forms red-orange masses.

Fair enough, but Realgar is more pretty :3

Also Greg, why is Neodymium not violet? I know it's not violet in metal form but hey, neither is Cobalt.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• After updating to GregTech 5.04.04, we've been getting issues with ore visibility. In many cases, uncovering an ore does not cause the server to send the Tile Entity data, causing the ores to appear like stone until leaving/rejoining the server, making mining out ore veins very difficult. All clients (including myself, connecting to localhost) get the same issue, at least with large veins of coal ore.

Here is a screenshot of the issue. I can't provide any logs because neither server nor client output anything to the console on startup or when the issue occurs.

HiddenOres is false on server and all clients, we're using GregTech 5.04.04 with IC2 2.2.633-exp on Forge 10.13.0.1208 for MC 1.7.10. I can reproduce the issue in single player mode, with only IC2 and GregTech installed. We were not having any network problems before this update, so perhaps the ore networking optimization could be made optional using a config entry for now until the issue is fixed (unless I'm missing it somewhere... Debug? Debug2? Online?).

• An old idea come back to my mind,when I was playing GT2.82c/2.90h with EXBL I noticed the Centrifuge's recipe can cause a huge terrain damage because most of natural material can be centrifuged can the most output is sand,that's the so called desertification.I think Greg should add a machine that can let all the sand back non-sand(and it must be a muliti-block-forestry-like-machine.)
    Also add a way to take EXBL's quicksand's liquid out.

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• I see in the FTB GT Wiki that the GT Transformer CAN accept IC2 Power from other IC2 Blocks, however, I have been unable to do this.

I am trying to power my GT Electric Blast Furnace with the stock pile of EU that I already have in my MFSU's from IC2. How can I do this? Which Electrical Hatch do I need, Cables, and Which Transformer do I need? I know the MFSU outputs 2048 eu, and I have been trying many combinations of GT to IC2 Transformers and cables... no luck.

Also, on the GT Transformer, which is the input and which is the out put? The wiki does not have any description yet for this block.

Lastly, do I use GT cables to directly connect to the MFSU, or do I simply connect the MFSU to the GT Transformer?

• Hey guys!

I just installed GT 5.04.03 and it came to my attention that all the ores fail to be displayed correctly. They appear blank and are named "gt.blockores.0.name".
    I'm still able to get the appropriate resources from them, mine them out and stuff.
    They sometimes update but most of the time they don't, even if I remove surrounding blocks.
    Like in this case here, it's a small ore block:

And here's an ore deposit:

Any assistance, please?
    Thanks

• this is intended, gregtech hides its ores by default, check his configs

this is intended, gregtech hides its ores by default, check his configs

Actually, this is a bug introduced by the recent ore Tile Entity networking optimizations. I get the same issue with HiddenOres=false, my bug report is in a previous post.

Unrelated problem: I can't get the Electric Blast Furnace to work. The last remaining error message is "Circuitry burned out.", but I couldn't find any tool to repair this with. I tried all circuits, soldering alloy and every tool, none of which removed the message. The wiki and forum posts speak of a "Soldering Iron", but no such tool exists for me in NEI, and the recipe provided on the wiki (steel or iron ingot, circuit, RE-battery) does not work.

Am I missing some item that replaced/works like the soldering iron? Thanks in advance.

• hidden ores means, that the background of ore is same, as stone type adjacent to it. (stone, netherrack, endstone, etc) But I think, it is no longer working, because the system of it is different nowadays

• hidden ores means, that the background of ore is same, as stone type adjacent to it. (stone, netherrack, endstone, etc) But I think, it is no longer working, because the system of it is different nowadays

greg really needs to updates his configs and remove stuff which is not used anymore

• Am I missing some item that replaced/works like the soldering iron? Thanks in advance.

Just use duct tape until Greg adds it back in.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Yes. Quite some time ago I enjoyed many Hardcore Oxygenarian runs.

Hue. I remember that game. I wish I had played it more but I keep forgetting my login information :rolleyes:

MFSU -> GT HV Transformer -> GT 4x [cable that works at 512V]
    Now decide: Do you want to run the IBF more quickly, or more efficiently?
    If more quickly:
    4x [cable that works at 512V] -> HV Energy Hatch in EBF
    If more efficiently:
    [cable that works at 512V] -> GT MV Transformer -> GT 4x [cable that works at 128V] -> MV Energy Hatch in EBF
    If no Aluminium yet:
    [cable that works at 512V] -> GT MV Transformer -> 2x GT LV Transformer -> 2x GT 4x [cable that works at 32V] -> 2x LV Energy Hatch in EBF
    If can't make GT HV or MV Transformers:
    MFSU -> IC2 HV Transformer -> 4x IC2 cable -> 4x IC2 MV Transformer -> 16x IC2 cable -> 14x extra energy line + 2x GT LV Transformer -> 2x GT 4x [32V cable] -> 2x LV Energy Hatch in EBF

The critical points for GT Transformers and Cables are the very end of the line, the last things before GT machines connect. (GT machines and cables cannot connect to IC2 cables or storage blocks, but GT Transformers can.)

On the GT Transformer, by default the input is the side with 4 dots clustered, and the outputs are the 5 sides with a single dot. (That is down-transforming mode.) If you whack the transformer with a Soft Hammer (rubber, plastic, or the like), that swaps it to up-transforming mode, and the 4 dots clustered side becomes the output and the 5 single dot sides become inputs.

• The GT transformer will not accept power from IC2 cables. You need to have then directly connected to the energy source, be it a generator, storage device, or an IC2 transformer(recommended)

For the blast furnace you need a minimum of 4 LV hatches (=128 EU/t) Bear in mind that one LV transformer(which outputs 4 amps of 32EU) will not suffice due to losses. 2 should be fine

The input and output are pretty obvious, I'm gonna guess you were confused because it wasn't working.

Gregtech cables can power any energy acceptor from IC2, transformers and storage units included.

• For the blast furnace you need a minimum of 4 LV hatches (=128 EU/t) Bear in mind that one LV transformer(which outputs 4 amps of 32EU) will not suffice due to losses. 2 should be fine

The Energy Hatch can accept more than 1 Amp incoming current. I can't remember if it accepts 3A or 4A, but you actually only need 2 to compensate for block and cable losses.

• The Energy Hatch can accept more than 1 Amp incoming current. I can't remember if it accepts 3A or 4A, but you actually only need 2 to compensate for block and cable losses.

I thought you needed 128EU/t due to the recipes. I meant you need an extra transformer because of power loss