[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• GregTech and Reika's Mods both include heavy OreDict scanning systems on start, and Binnie's Mods adds a lot of things to the OreDictionary. Each of them individually will increase your loading time, but when stacked the loading time increase can become a bit painful.

The first time you start the pack will be the worst, because of config file generation, but even regular starts will take a while just because of how many recipes there are to add. (And unfortunately, that's not something that can really be sped up, it's related to how FML works.)

• With the new wiki, will it be possible to add GT5 textures on the pages?

If I recall correctly, Retep will be adding the GT tilesheet to the wiki in small sections. But, he's currently AFK so I can't ask him.

But yeah, they can be added now (well, sorta, it just crashes the wiki), and that won't be changing :P

• well, sorta, it just crashes the wiki

Quite a few things seem to be able to do that. Hope Gamepedia works better than what ever we're using now

BTW, out of curiosity, what is your username on the wiki? I don't see a uwotm8 user...

Gigas2897 ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• GregTech and Reika's Mods both include heavy OreDict scanning systems on start, and Binnie's Mods adds a lot of things to the OreDictionary. Each of them individually will increase your loading time, but when stacked the loading time increase can become a bit painful.

The first time you start the pack will be the worst, because of config file generation, but even regular starts will take a while just because of how many recipes there are to add. (And unfortunately, that's not something that can really be sped up, it's related to how FML works.)

Thanks for explaining!
    :)

• It should be basically the same, just hosted on the Gamepedia network instead of whatever we use now. Gamepedia uses MediaWiki, so nothing like that will be changing.

But with less crashing right? :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hi Greg:
    Do bauxite ores spawn in Birch Forest Hills biome? I tried to find them but i couldn't.

Worldgen is biome independant now.

monokei : NEI should tell you. Screwdriver + integrated circuit in a certain shape gives you a configuration number.

• One more question/problem:

I have a starting setup like this:

Batbox -> Gregtech Transformer (LV 128->32) -> single Tin Wires connected to 32V Plate Bending Machine. Everytime I run it, the cables burn. I have also a 32V magnetic polarizer connected to the same cables and it is working with no burn. What am I missing?

• Do foil and lenses have a use as covers?
    If no, will they? What kind of functions could they have?

The lenses are used in the precision laser engraver for making certain circuit parts out of foil.

The transformer is able to output up to 4 packets of 32 EU/t. That your polarizer is not burning the cables is pure luck; the bending machine is burning the cables because it's occasionally requesting more the one EU packet at a time, probably in order to make up for cable loss. The solution is to replace the 1x Tin Wire (which should be cable, to reduce power loss btw) with 4x Tin Cable.

• Is the Plate Bending Machine farther away than the polarizer? Is the EU needed for the plate bending operation close to 32 eu/t?

These things being true would lead me to believe that the plate bending machine needs to request 2 amps (packets) per tick in order to fulfill its energy needs. The tin wire loses eu for each block of wire that the energy passes through. If you have a 1x Tin Wire connecting from your transformer to your machines, it will burn. 2x should fix your problem for now. 4x would be the safest bet as the highest output the LV Transformer can manage is 4x (from converting 1 128 eu packet into 4 32 eu packets in a single tick).

I am speculating a bit, but hopefully this helped!

Also, check this out if you haven't: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/GregTech/Electricity

• Thank you both for answers. That was the problem. God I really need a lot of tin to make wires. Can I use stronger wires/cables for weaker machines? Like copper for example?

• Thank you both for answers. That was the problem. God I really need a lot of tin to make wires. Can I use stronger wires/cables for weaker machines? Like copper for example?

Higher voltage cables than the machines are rated for are usable, yes, but if a >32EU packet hits the wire, the wire will hold but the machines will blow, so it can be less safe. Moreover, however, higher voltage cables tend to have more voltage loss per cable block, so especially for lower voltages it starts to become really really inefficient.