[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• no ores in GT5 are not biome specific. look in the world Gen config for the level it spawns at. also resurrection hasn't updated in about 6 months, you can goto [GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Finally a real endgame! Now new: Achievements! for BloodASP's updated version or GT5

Already did, but thanks. Dunno why I'm not having any luck. Found at least five thorium veins by now, which are apparently rarer than galena too. :v

• So is it taboo to ask questions about older versions of GT?
    I'm playing the FTB Resurrection pack right now, which is back on GT 5.
    Are there biome specific ores in this version? I've wasted at least four hours now just trying to find a galena vein.

Resurrection uses some oregen that I quickly hacked up using CustomOreGen, you can find the config for it in config\CustomOreGen\modules\custom\Bunny.xml. For the most part the ores are not biome specific (aside from thaumcraft shards). I really don't recommend using Resurrection as it has several issues, wasn't really thought out properly, and is severely outdated.

• Conveyor Belts would accept RU from their sides, sum it with BU (see code) use some and then output the rest in a direction dependent on the belt type.
    Belts of different types would not be able to transport BU between themselves.
    Belts would require a block without a collision box in front of their belted faces.
    If a block was on a belted face when it doesn't have energy then it will not start.
    If a block was on a belted face when it has energy then it will break that block and start transporting it.

Conveyor belts will store energy until they can transport their internal contents and then either transfer that energy or, possibly void it,
    And yes this means that if it can vary but has no items then it will transfer, (or void) all it's energy.
    In the last block it tries transferring items to is air then it will put the item, as an item, in that space.

I have thought of 2 types of belt :

• Regular belts - output energy forward, input items from the top, output items into the top of the block in front of itself, has belts on top and below, and if there isn't a BU receiver in front or behind it then it has belts there too, independently.
    • Vertical belts - output energy up, input items is from the back, output items into the block above on the side of its own back, or the the top of the block in Front of itself, has belts on it's front and back and if there isn't a BU receiver on top of or below it then it has belts there too, independently.

Vertical dots may require a helper block to get items into the first one, as it should except items, as items, into its side.

code
    /** * A suggested Energy Tag for Belt Power. Units are IndustrialCraft EU. * Size = Speed, Positive = Forward on 'top', Negative = Forward on 'bottom' * Amount = Power (or type?) */ public static final TagData BELT_ROTATION = TagData.createTagData("ENERGY.BELT_ROTATION", "BU", "Rotation Energy", LH.Chat.YELLOW), RU = BELT_ROTATION;
    /code

EDIT: And how do you get these colored black thing he's to display multiline.

• And how do you get these colored black thing he's to display multiline.

You mean like this?

Code
    1. /**
    2. * A suggested Energy Tag for Belt Power. Units are IndustrialCraft EU.
    3. * Size = Speed, Positive = Forward on 'top', Negative = Forward on 'bottom'
    4. * Amount = Power (or type?)
    5. */
    6. public static final TagData BELT_ROTATION = TagData.createTagData("ENERGY.BELT_ROTATION", "BU", "Rotation Energy", LH.Chat.YELLOW), RU = BELT_ROTATION;

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I like the idea of belts, though the ones *error user name found* described have lame mechanics. Belt units? Seriously?
    Here's my idea on how something like that should work.

(green things are block borders)

Each of rotating things on which the belt is stretched has a gear on it (just a texture).
    Let's say, some kind of a gearbox is rotating gear #2 with W RU/t. Then gear #1 will get W [RU/t], gear #3 W*((u1 + u2)^2)/4 [RU/t], where u1 is belt's friction coefficient and u2 is rotator thingie's friction coefficient (varying from 0 to 1, where 0 is friction-less surface and 1 means that this surface can't be rubbed against at all), which unique for each material. (u1+u2)/2 is squared because first rotator is rubbing against the belt, and then the belt is rubbing agains the second rotator.
    Now onto the topic of at which speed the items should go on those belts. Well, easy! W*(u1+u2)*u2/2 [meters/t]. First of all the leading roatator is rotating at W [RU/t], rubbing agains the belt, so we multiply by (u1+u2)/2 (why average? Dunno), and then the belt is rubbing against the item, so we multiply by u2 again. Actually, we should've multiplied by the average of belt's and item's friction coefficients, but storing friction coefficients for each item would be stupid, so we let that one pass.

To sum it all up, the only value each belt needs to actually store is W, the speed at which it's leading gear is getting rotated, and the coefficients at which this belt will rotate the ones infront of it and behind it, as well as at which speed should it push items, could be stored globally per conveyor belt type and calculated at startup.

^ this all has nothing to do with real world physics, so yeah. I could've spent more than 5 minutes on it and calculate all the proper dynamics, but eh, maybe later.

P.S.
    One could also store V, the speed at which any point on the belt is moving. The math would be similar.

P.P.S.
    Greg, what are RU actually supposed to be? Speed, torque, or both?

• Code
    1. /**
    2. * A suggested Energy Tag for Belt Power. Units are IndustrialCraft EU.
    3. * Size = Speed, Positive = Forward on 'top', Negative = Forward on 'bottom'
    4. * Amount = Power (or type?)
    5. */
    6. public static final TagData BELT_ROTATION = TagData.createTagData("ENERGY.BELT_ROTATION", "BU", "Rotation Energy", LH.Chat.YELLOW), RU = BELT_ROTATION;

You mean like this?

Yes

And I was just explaining my idea in a way similar to how the other things seem to work.

Finally, this forum is apparently not compatible with either Apple's speech to text or editing popups, or both.

• P.P.S.
    Greg, what are RU actually supposed to be? Speed, torque, or both?

EU/RU/HU/KU are units of energy and are pseudo-equal to joules in the real world. EU/t RU/t HU/t and KU/t are units of power and are pseudo-equal to watts in the real world. When energy is delivered in packets, the units per packet is equivalent to voltage or speed, while the packets per tick is equivalent to amperage or torque.

• Did anyone here noticed the ftb infinity HARD MODE release ? No ? Well, they minetweakt everything, so for example you now need iron plates to make a bucket. Sounds familiar right ? And everyone over at r/feedthebeast is going crazy like "There`s finally some challenge and progression that`s so awesome". WTF

• Did anyone here noticed the ftb infinity HARD MODE release ? No ? Well, they minetweakt everything, so for example you now need iron plates to make a bucket. Sounds familiar right ? And everyone over at r/feedthebeast is going crazy like "There`s finally some challenge and progression that`s so awesome". WTF

The fact Forge Hammers also need 2 ingots to produce a plate unless you use the Metal Former proves it is based off GT, but many of them also enjoyed GT2, so it might just be the way that mods have gone that makes balance a much more desired characteristic for a mod pack. And to be fair there are the grumpy ones who just see it as every mod having IC2 crafting, who would also most likely reject any pack with GT in no matter the version.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• I`m not being mad at them for "stealing" ideas, but I`m just puzzeled by the fact, that suddenly everyone loves it. When the nerfs to wood, iron plates etc. first were added to Gregtech so many people just loathed it from beginning on. And now the majority really likes it. I don`t want to blame anyone or so, this was just an interesting observation.

• I'd wait until it's been released before you can say a majority likes it. Sure they like the concept, but actually playing using it may be less fun than some people expect. Or maybe they'll just put up with it, time will tell.

I see this too much.

• But that`s not what I`ve been talking about. The reception to nerfs like these was mostly positive, unlike ~2 years ago. Of course you`re right, but I never wanted to make a final judgement about it. That were just some observations I found interesting and thought I`d share. In case I seemed judgemental I`m sorry, but saying such things wasn`t my intention.

• Cheated in osmiridium ore just to test it if it would work and well it just dropped itself, ya i kinda figured it out for myself that there are about a hundred chemical elements as ore that are functional hidden in NEI and I kinda configured them all to generate (besides the Antimatter ones) namely things like Rhodium, Rhenium, UnnUnn..
    well anything not out in the open, regardless osmiridium is more realistic than a osmium, or iridium ore in the sense that the two are found together 100 percent of the time in alloys so for Sheldonite to have iridium ore is a falsehood since the ore is likely osmiridium.

you know i'm on my way when the entire landscape is quarried out of existence, it shall strike fear of your petty existence!

• In case you haven't already noticed, neither Gregtech nor vanilla Minecraft are designed to be realistic. They are designed to be a good game. Neither Osmium nor Iridium have to come with a very significant amount of the other - an ore can have mostly one, and only a small amount of the other, and we can simply call it the ore of the metal that occurs dominantly within it. It would be nice to have Osmiridium/Iridosmine/Platiniridium/others, but they should be different ores than the already existing Iridium ore, Osmium ore, etc.

• I have 6.00.56 version, but sensors stop working. Now they can display (thermometer sensor current temperature), but in other mode ( < = > ) doesn't work. When I switch on > and try set value, all the time is 0 and all the time send redstone signal. When i switch on < mode then all the time send nothing.