[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• My players do report missing Germanium in NEI, even though it can be obtained via sluice from kesterite on daily basis and they physically have it. Also recipes do exist if you follow them from sluice show.

If it is on a list of hidden thingies, maybe it shouldn't, as a material that is obtainable and possibly for at least some uses :) (possibly circuitry?)

• Done!
    Im kind of surprised how easy this is nowaday and how incredible fast GT is loading these days

thanks

• * RailCraft (for large fluid tanks)
    * BuildCraft (for water pumps)

Railcraft has water tanks which also serve as, basically, water generators. If you've got it, you shouldn't need water pumps that I can see.

I don't see the new wood tank in NEI.

Isn't it in the unreleased preview changelog, not the currently available version?

• * NotEnoughItems (required, official recipe pseudo-documentation)

NEI is not required per se, but it's very recommended for beginners.
    The "official" documentation is a mix between the in-game tooltips, manuals, and the changelog. I'd rather have that than an ever obsolete documentation, or less features (because Greg would have to dedicate time to update a documentation instead of adding awesome features and berating us because we use all this awesome stuff incorrectly).

If you're used to GT6 mechanics (crucible, machines, materials, ...), you could go without NEI and instead rely exclusively on GT in-game Manuals.

I like reading some of the materials one to see how exhaustive they are, and they are quite impressive in that regard.

Also, to get started with GT6, there's a lot of information and notes in the wiki: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Getting_Started_(GregTech_6))

The post was edited 2 times, last by Flaoua ().

• If you're used to GT6 mechanics (crucible, machines, materials, ...), you could go without NEI and instead rely exclusively on GT in-game Manuals.

...If you're somehow able to memorize all the machine recipes, I guess?

• Trial and error.

Yeah ok, there's a little bit of NEI involved there.

Actually, there could be Machine books like Material books.
    That would be fun idea and an interesting loot to have...or even to craft.
    Why not using a some machines parts with a Magnifying Glass and a book to "research" new machines ?

NEI could not be a requirement, then :3

• ...If you're somehow able to memorize all the machine recipes, I guess?

Not possible, I constantly add new Recipes, and in very few cases I change Recipes. NEI is a must have for GT6. And right now I try to get rid of Railcraft Tanks by adding my own better Tanks, because Railcrafts Tanks suck and don't even work on Chunk Boundaries. (even though they could be much better...)

With the Water thing, I think I will add the Drain Cover back soon, so you can collect the Rain.

If you put the Drains next to Asphalt and put Asphalt Slabs next to it, you can make nice Streets with Sidewalks.

So, the block will be CF covered pipe, with a drain cover on the road side, and asphalt slab obscuring half the drain?
    Is this just aesthetic or will it actually function when half obscured?

It can collect Rain Horizontally aswell, if there is a solid Floor in front of it.

Well, it might

The Drain can collect Fluid Source Blocks too, if not against Gravity. Horizontally always works.

So basically a pump then ?

• I've noticed that falling dust blocks turn into "empty dust" white block (for instance Sluice Dust Block or Stone Dust Block). Is it GregTech related or should I look somewhere else ?

• Depends on the reason why it falls. Also did you try relogging?

I put it on the side of another block with no block under it to make it fall, like Gravel when you want to drop it down from a platform above (gotta drop all these Sluice blocks !). If I place the blocks as usual (not falling) they're fine.
    If I mine the "Empty dust" block it turns back to Sluice Dust block. Now that I think about it, the same problem happened for Dark Ashes Dust blocks if I remember correctly.

I did relog because I noticed it the first time on Sunday, and then yesterday when I wrote about it.

Just checked, Environmine might have murdered your Blocks. Nothing I can do about that. Unless you run GT .30 in which case the Sync is bugged.

I do run GT .30

Well I'll be careful not dropping my dust blocks then, no biggie.

• Questions about new wooden tank. 1. Can it hold gasses? 2. Can it hold distilled water? 3. Any plans for too hot liquids, like lava?

Yes, because its made of Sealed Wood.
    Yes, because its made of Sealed Wood, which doesn't impurify the distilled Water.
    Yes, because its made of Sealed Wood, which obviously burns when you put too hot Stuff in it.

If I mine the "Empty dust" block it turns back to Sluice Dust block. Now that I think about it, the same problem happened for Dark Ashes Dust blocks if I remember correctly.

Sync Issue of .30, you just don't see that it is a Sluice Sand Block.

Well I'll be careful not dropping my dust blocks then, no biggie.

You dont have to be. Its a sync Issue, the Block is still Sluice Sand, you just dont see that it is Sluice Sand.

• Yes, because its made of Sealed Wood.
    Yes, because its made of Sealed Wood, which doesn't impurify the distilled Water.
    Yes, because its made of Sealed Wood, which obviously burns when you put too hot Stuff in it.

Then this tank will become the main tank in my future factory. I guess, it is also compatible with that sensor which measures fluids amount in an attached block. When I asked about lava, I had in mind "do you plan to add a tank from more heat resistant material?", but now I think that I don't really need that.

• Yeah since the changelog gives a hint about other future tanks, I'm going to hoard a bit of metal to expect a Stainless Steel one. I'm already hoarding for Steel Machines and Refinery so I don't mind mining a bit more lol