[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Greg,
    some crucibles lost the "Contains X units of .... + Melt + Boil + Mass" info.

Basalt, Black granite, Red granite, nether bricks, carbon ones. All others do have this info. We are able to produce some, so the argument that they are not craftable is invalid (except carbon). Especially Mass info is kinda crucial...
    Running latest (41)

• Hrrm it should actually show those Values, but I guess the Issue is that there is values missing elsewhere. Also they didn't lose that Info they just never had it to begin with.

• They were there in past for sure, because we were putting them into our excels to work with them. And for sure we were not counting them (because if I look on basalt blocks the crucible is made of, those ones do have such an info)

• I'm pretty sure that won't work. If there's 15 units of Limonite in the crucible, no carbon can be in the crucible, so no Limonite can be smelted. If you try it and it does work, let me know...

I throw carbon in first, then a corresponding amount of ore. That works nicely. Of course, it shouldn't work either if you started off with so much carbon that no ore could fit in.

That won't work, because if you trow in stack of limonite 16 pieces of it will go inside crucible and rest will stay in buffer thus you can't trow any carbon inside because buffer is already full and crucible have no room and no room will be created afterwards. But you can trow in first 8 carbon and than trow in stack of limonite dust, because carbon will go directly to crucible from buffer and than 8 pieces from stack of limonite dust will get into crucible and 56 limonite dust will stay inside buffer. So as result you can heat it up to 1811°K and get 2 iron 7 carbon and 7 limonite temperature will drop than and after you heat it up to 1811 again another one and something iron will get smelted inside crucible so theoretically you can get true whole stack of limonite. But i prefer to pull iron in between heating.

Well, I did not think a lot about that but yeah I was thinking of throwing 12 Carbon Dust, and then dropping 48 Limonite at once, but maybe I did not think this through. I will try some stuff in Creative and let both of you know.

• Well, I did not think a lot about that but yeah I was thinking of throwing 12 Carbon Dust, and then dropping 48 Limonite at once, but maybe I did not think this through. I will try some stuff in Creative and let both of you know.

Too much carbon, isn't it? Should only need 6 for that.

Other than that, yeah, that should work.

• They were there in past for sure, because we were putting them into our excels to work with them. And for sure we were not counting them (because if I look on basalt blocks the crucible is made of, those ones do have such an info)

Found the Issue, I made a null check at the wrong thing.

• Does the Measuring Cup even work on Boilers? Pretty sure the way it was written doesn't allow that.

As for the Pipes thing, does the large wooden Pipe have the same or a higher Bandwidth as the Bronze Pipe going to the Boilers? Because if the Wooden Pipe has a lower Bandwidth then that is why it probably doesn't flow at the needed Speed, since the Wooden Pipe limits the amount of Fluid throughput even for the sections with Bronze Pipes!

They have enough bandwidth to operate normally, and the two times where the boiler bugged out, it was right at startup, so the boiler should have had plenty of time before I lit it to fill up with distilled water even at a very low rate. Also relogging would not have fixed it if it was simply not enough bandwidth.

• I just voided over a million liters of distilled water by breaking my main tank to free up volume so I could dry more sluice juice. Before that, I disconnected most of the steam recovery lines in my workshop.

Does anybody have processes that keep distilled water supplies under control? The only thing I can think of that could use it up at the rate I want to would be piping it into the sluice, and that's my kind of essential 'water in' point for the system.

In other news, it looks like my electromagnetic setup is behaving as intended now that I've replaced the two small bronze pipes (which had considerably more capacity than they should have needed) with small steel pipes (which have enough capacity to handle the entire steam flow of the line, even though most of it shouldn't be running through those two pipes). So that'll make things easier to operate.

Does the Measuring Cup even work on Boilers? Pretty sure the way it was written doesn't allow that.

Tried it, confirmed that it doesn't work. Don't know if there's any way to manually load distilled water into a boiler, given that - I can't seem to get it into a bucket. Maybe either a cell or a universal fluid cell would work? I've not made either.

As for the Pipes thing, does the large wooden Pipe have the same or a higher Bandwidth as the Bronze Pipe going to the Boilers? Because if the Wooden Pipe has a lower Bandwidth then that is why it probably doesn't flow at the needed Speed, since the Wooden Pipe limits the amount of Fluid throughput even for the sections with Bronze Pipes!

A huge wood pipe is twice the capacity of a regular bronze pipe, so there's no chokepoint there.

Even if there was, most boilers are going to consume significantly less than 1L/t of water - only strong bronze or better can take enough heat to boil more than that, and the strongest that exist can't go through 7 L/t. Unless you've got several very powerful boilers on the end of a very narrow pipe, water supply bandwidth should not be a problem.

Every boiler I possess running at once would only draw 2.6 L/t, while the narrowest bits of the network (which are all terminal extensions) have 50 L/t capacity. And they never all run at once. And each individual one has a considerable internal stock of water to smooth out any fluctuations of course.

• Does anybody have processes that keep distilled water supplies under control?

Only thing that I could think of would be an overflow function for tank (like the one that's under conception for item barrels/mass storage) that could allow you to pipe excess distilled water into your regular water tank to turn distilled water into regular water.
    It could be fun to have overflowing water be turned into source blocks to be piped out in the world...

But as something you can do right now I don't know...did you stop gathering distilled water of engines ? 80% is quite a lot, after all, but I assume you did that already.

• Well, I did not think a lot about that but yeah I was thinking of throwing 12 Carbon Dust, and then dropping 48 Limonite at once, but maybe I did not think this through. I will try some stuff in Creative and let both of you know.

Just tested it and it did work: I got 12 Iron Ingots in one batch from 48 Limonite and 6 Carbon. Thermometer kept going back and forth the 1811°K mark and then stabilized as full Iron, which I could then safely cast in my mold.

It tried to go a little higher (8 Carbon and 64 Limonite) and ended up with 14 Steel because I made it go too high xD.

But yeah it's weird but it works. Don't know if it's intended though :3

• ok, i also encountered the problem, that the dial of a boiler goes to 0, but it did not look as if it was a problem of the boiler or pipe specific

this problem occured in my magnetic separator system (pictures) the burning box was still running, the boiler showed 0 on its dial (start position when you place it), it looked like the dynamo was not running, the batterybox was empty (no red dot flashing, battery 0 charge) but the magnetic separator still turned on and off all the time. I removed the batterybox, boiler, and burning box and the magnetic separator turned still on and off without any power supply. so I removed him to but you could still hear him turning off and on.

I logged out and came back. sound problem fixed. then I noticed my second boiler in the background was still running normally but the railcraft engine was cooled down and started to get heated up again what means it did not get steam for a time. I checked and noticed that both of them are in the same chunk. Could it be that the chunk bugged out and reset all the pipe contents, wait not possible the methan pipe for the burning box is in the same chunk...

I will write again if this problem occurs a second time, was the first time it happened in 2 weeks since i play that savegame again.

• Had it happen again tonight... went to light all 5 boilers to power up the centrifuge again ( probably third time tonight ) and this time, the fifth one on the end instead of the middle one decided to start going *down* in pressure instead of up. Log off and back on and it immediately starts going up like it should. I believe the last 3 boilers had been cooling for maybe 45 minutes since the last centrifuge, while in between I had disconnected the last 3 from the steam trunk to only run the first two to power the shredder for a while. Rerouted all the pipes for the centrifuge and lit them up and the pressure problem happened again.

• Only thing that I could think of would be an overflow function for tank (like the one that's under conception for item barrels/mass storage) that could allow you to pipe excess distilled water into your regular water tank to turn distilled water into regular water.
    It could be fun to have overflowing water be turned into source blocks to be piped out in the world...

But as something you can do right now I don't know...did you stop gathering distilled water of engines ? 80% is quite a lot, after all, but I assume you did that already.

I think un-distilling water might be possible (a generifier might do it?) but it wouldn't actually help with the problem in any way.

Well, I guess you could then slowly reduce the water by repeatedly re-drying it, but that would get ridiculously expensive in fuel.

I did stop gathering distilled water from (most) engines:

Before that, I disconnected most of the steam recovery lines in my workshop.

• I really need to know why the pressure in the middle boilers is always sinking. It shouldn't be the distilled water supply, since that is supposed to be obviously enough, but why doesn't it work at all?

ExtraUtilities has a "Scanner" Item, which shows the NBT of the clicked TileEntity, could anyone who has that Mod tell me the outcome of clicking a depressurized Boiler with it?

• Greag,
    i like that you added special rules for handling acids, but tungsten should be one of materials that resists them too. In a fact it is one of most acid resistive materials know to humans.