[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• Bear989 showed this in one of his server plays.. You don't put all the ingredients in at the same time. Basically, you need to get the crucible up about 400 degrees higher, so when you throw in the (chromium I think), the crucible is still hot enough for the ultimate to form instead of the nichrome.

• How do you make Ultimet in a crucible? Like Nichrome, it requires Nickel and Chromium, but Nichrome is made at a lower temperature, so by the time the crucible is hot enough to make Ultimet, the nickel and chrome you need to make it has already fused to become Nichrome.

Try throw Chrome after Nickel+Iron turn into Invar.

• Bear989 showed this in one of his server plays.. You don't put all the ingredients in at the same time. Basically, you need to get the crucible up about 400 degrees higher, so when you throw in the (chromium I think), the crucible is still hot enough for the ultimate to form instead of the nichrome.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

The post was edited 1 time, last by theJ89 ().

• ummm ultimet doesnt have iron in it so no that doesnt work, that is for stainless steel. as netmc said humanalien helped me figure out, and we showed in a video that you need to get the crucible about 400K above the combining temp so it is at or above the combining temp when you trow in the chrome.

• Greg, could you add more information on compatibility in your download page please? I mean adding mods that are content oriented, not only those that are listed atm. And how gregtech is compatible with these mods.

• Hi, I've read through the FAQ and last three forum pages and I wonder, if it is in considering to update GT to MC v1.11 or if it has the same buggy problems as the previous versions (as mentioned in the FAQ)? I understand people's questions about updating must be daunting, but moving to higher versions from 1.7 actually solves some problems like chunks loading etc.. So sorry if I'm asking an inapropriate question but I couldn't find an answer neither in the last three forum pages, nor FAQ. Thanks for reply!

• Yes, I get it that updating costs many and many hours of work. But the bugginess of the previous versions 1.8-1.10 is no longer there in 1.11 or is it? If it's not, there might be a chance that one day, when you wake up with a wonderful mood motivated you will decide to actually update to a higher version. The problem with your mod is you see, that it is dare I say the only decent tech mod out there even though it is not finished. And being the only acceptable tech mod brings the hurdles of people bothering you with updating. Just so you fully understand me - not trying to be obnoxious, but in the past you have done some updating and not updating further than 1.7 you explained by 1.8-1.10 being buggy. So it's not about bugs anymore?

• So I just lit my invar burning box under a lead boiler and the remaining temperature on the gauge from the last time I used it started going down. RIght clicked it with a magnifier and it said it contained 4000 H2O, yet it kept going down. Restart the game and it immediately starts going up.

• ummm ultimet doesnt have iron in it so no that doesnt work, that is for stainless steel. as netmc said humanalien helped me figure out, and we showed in a video that you need to get the crucible about 400K above the combining temp so it is at or above the combining temp when you trow in the chrome.

I'm so unmindful. Yes, ofc you're right.

• So here is another goof up with the fluid distribution algorithm. I have a regular bronze fluid pipe carrying steam to my steel turbine from several boilers. The first two are strong lead, and the last is regular lead, using up some extra charcoal I have ( the first two are burning rum ). The combined steam output should be 128 + 128 + 32 = 288L of steam per tick. The pipe has a stated bandwidth of 450/t, so should easily handle it. The two strong boilers keep slowly overheating, as if they can not deliver all of their steam. I just checked the pipes above the strong boilers and they are currently at 1028, and supposedly can hold 1800. WTF? I do have one more regular lead in the front of the line, and another just before the last one, but they are currently disconnected from the pipe as I am not burning them right now, so that should not make a difference.

Finally, when the heat level of the two strong boilers reaches the yellow mark, the steel centrifuge ( working on sluice juice ) starts to grind.

• (Ab)using the "pressure" mechanic usually works for me: largest pipes at the boiler, medium transfer pipes, and smallest pipes possible directly at the turbine/engine. In this way sloshing at the site of steam consumption is minimized because the "pressure" mechanic prefers to accumulate in the smallest pipes it can.

Said another way, a general forward motion of steam is encouraged if pipes always start from biggest at the boiler, go to medium, and end at smallest.

• I haven't checked this the last few updates, but wanted to ask about tin alloy. It takes a wrought iron and tin in the crucible to make. I can pour an ingot of it, but if I make it into plates, it just makes tin plate. Which if I combine 2 plates, I get a double tin alloy plate. If that is smelted back down, I end up with 2 tin ingots. I am essentially transmuting iron into tin.... Useful if you have issues finding tin, but ultimately a waste of iron... Is this broken, or as intended, or am I missing something?

Also, I am probably being dense, but how do I get molten zinc into the bath so I can make galvanized steel?