[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website

• I totally understand that, these reported bugs are :Matter:bugs in the easter egg.:!:

Once the next day starts it won't have the bug.

"Natrium Pyrosulfate" has no use nor recipe I can see.

Diamond (the real one) has chemical composition C_4

Edit: Ok That is a bug

Color Codes and Format Codes for the rules:

Red Meaning Don't Read that.

Green Meaning must Read that.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

Yellow Meaning That is incorrect.

Purple Meaning Spelling Correction

• Once the next day starts it won't have the bug.

Yep I changed the localisation for the next 2-3 days.

Ok that makes sense.

Blue Meaning everytime someone swears (like extensive bad language) on purpose it will be changed into a not a swearing text. Since I cannot delete other peoples text unless I am a admin or something that allows to get rid of the extensive bad language post. I absolutely hated swearing or worse extensive bad language.

• I'll take "maybe" : )

I wonder... :P

• It might be a Singleplayer-Multiplayer problem with Serverconfig not synching to clients, so what actually happened?

Found the reason, it was caused by ModularPowersuit or it's dependency Numina mod.

I removed them and things work like a charm now, thank you Greg.

• Am I imagining things, or does sifting gem-like purified ores give you less units of the material than you started with on average?

A purified ore contains 1.25 units of material. Sifting one gem-like ore gives you a 0.01% chance of getting a Legendary gem (8 units), a 1% chance of an Exquisite gem (4 units), a 4% chance of a Flawless gem (2 units), a 15% chance of a normal gem (1 unit), a 20% chance of a Flawed gem (0.5 units), a 40% chance of a Chipped gem (0.25 units), and a 50% chance of a dust (1 unit).

Assuming I did my math here correctly, on average that should net you:

8*.0001 + 4*0.01 + 2*0.04 + 1*0.15 + 0.5*0.2 + 0.25*0.4 + 1*0.5 = 0.9708 units.

So basically you're losing 0.2792 units every time you sift a purified gem-like ore.

Compare that to sifting coal-like ores, which have the same % drops, but each drop is worth 1 unit. On average, sifting one of those nets you:

1*(.0001 + 0.01 + 0.04 + 0.15 + 0.2 + 0.4 + 0.5) = 1.3001 units.

With those, you're gaining 0.0501 units every time you sift it.

Is sifting gems lossy because you're gaining gems that can be cut into crystalline plates? Or is the loss just an oversight?

Edit:

Did some number crunching. Adjusting the sifter drop rates for gem-like purified ores like so would make them drop, on average, the same amount of material as the sifting recipes for coal-like purified ores, while preserving the ratio between the chances:

Legendary: 1.3001 * 1/9708 (0.01%)

Exquisite: 1.3001 * 25/2427 (1.34%)

Flawless: 1.3001 * 100/2427 (5.36%)

Normal: 1.3001 * 375/2427 (20.09%)

Flawed: 1.3001 * 500/2427 (26.78%)

Chipped: 1.3001 * 1000/2427 (53.57%)

Dust: 1.3001 * 1250/2427 (66.96%)

Doing the math, that will average out to returning 1.3001 units per purified gem-like ore just like the coal-like sifting recipes:

1.3001 * (8*1/9708 + 4*25/2427 + 2*100/2427 + 375/2427 + 0.5*500/2427 + 0.25*1000/2427 + 1250/2427 ) = 1.3001

The post was edited 3 times, last by theJ89: Simplified fractions. ().

• Umm.. Because lead-acid is the most mature rechargeable battery technology

and has a very wide range of application voltages?

Or, because all batteries are going to cover the same range if only people

would stop asking you questions and allow you to implement it?

Wow, no. Lead-acid is almost strictly used only when minimum cost is necessary.

It has terrible longevity, memory effect, sulfurizes easily, and has awful capacity with low charge and discharge capability compared to anything else.

NiMH would be superior if only it weren't under copyright control.

Ultracapacitors are completely replacing lead-acid batteries in newer vehicles, and anyone can slap one together themselves. With far greater efficiency and almost no self-discharge compared to lead-acid and 100k+ recharge cycles to the 300+ lead-acid needs (1000+ for the latest SLA)
    Plus, large (100 Ah+) SLA/VLSA/AGM batteries are ludicrously heavy and expensive, averaging $300+. By comparison, Li-Mn-Co rechargeables provide 2.5 to 3 Ah each in an 18650 cell, with far better performance across the board (tho it does need a special charger vs. lead-acid).

Li-Fe-PO can withstand tens of thouands of charge cycles with no memory effects, are only slightly more expensive, and have very low self-discharge.

Lead-acid is kept around the same reason alkalines are- they're cheap and overstocked. NiMH and Lithium are taking over every market.

Edit:
    I'm not even getting into sodium-ion, liquid sodium, mercury, phosphate, carbon, zinc-chlorhide, zinc-oxide, vanadium-oxide, or liquid metal flow batteries since they're not as common.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Damnit Greg, circuits for the individual batteries now? You ever seen a circuit in your car battery?

Yes, actually. Overcharging or shorting a battery is extremely dangerous, so most modern batteries (especially Li-Ion, LiPO, NiMH, etc.) have a tiny button-sized wafer stuffed underneath the positive terminal that will act as a fuse in the event of over charge/discharge, and prevent flow if the battery's voltage is too high or too low.

Most 18650's for common use are either 'flat top' or 'button-top' and most button-tops are that way due to a control circuit.

Every single laptop has a control circuit, usually quite a lot more advanced, monitor individual 18650 or LiPO pack cells and whole performance, temperature, and more.

A protection circuit costs about $0.25, $3 for the high-end laptop ones custom made. I can make them with zener diodes easily as a voltage regulator.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• Wow, no. [stuff]

"most mature" != "best"

Lead-acid is the oldest technology, is still in current use and so also has had the longest

period of continuous production (>200 years). A larger number of units have been constructed

than for any other technology in comparable roles. Performance, longevity, reliability have all

very much plateaued. Manufacturing capacity already exists in line with demand, with sourcing

of materials based upon well established pre-existing industries. Applications have included

everything from low powered consumer electronics to large scale grid energy storage systems.

• Actually zinc-chloride, acetic, sodium-salt, and ferrous-phophate batteries predate alkalines and lead-acid by decades, centuries, several decades, and years respectively.

Not counting capacitor-esque stuff since they wouldn't be able to run actual machinery or lights for any length.

Quoted from "zorn":