[Suggestion] Nuclear Reactor Fallout

• My suggestion is after a nuclear reactor blows up the immediate area and spreading largely, would contain fallout when your character is in there it has the effect of poisoning. Keeping the area the reactor destroyed inhabitable. This feature would make the game seem more reasonable.

Thanks,

Milhouz

• As a result of nuclear explosion, random placement of fallout debris can be place and have the similar effect on par with cactus where you take damage if you try to touch it, either a single block or even like mats such as sticky resin. and can only be removed by some new tool, "39 and a half foot pole" or whatever hayoish equivalence.

• how would it use any more cpu you would create another air block that has hit damage involved when in that area. The only calculation that would occur would be from the initial explosion. Meaning its just one diminishing equation over time. A linear model if you were to graph it where as distance increases the damage is less. The blocks could work the same way as any powered tool and after you use it, it lowers in battery life.

• Official Post

how would it use any more cpu you would create another air block that has hit damage involved when in that area. The only calculation that would occur would be from the initial explosion. Meaning its just one diminishing equation over time. A linear model if you were to graph it where as distance increases the damage is less. The blocks could work the same way as any powered tool and after you use it, it lowers in battery life.

So a mobdamaging Fallout-Air-Block with Metadata, to count its Decay to Air, after RandomTickUpdate, which is created instead of Air, when the Nuclear Explosion occurs?

Good Idea, but i dont know if it would be implemented.

• Green goo! Common liquid! Way deadlier than lava! Could the code for un-insulated wires damaging you be used for them? Obviously, a simple bucket wouldn't suffice to clean it up. Also, I think it'd be a nice challenge if the goo had crafting uses: Deliberately blow up to get goo.

But what could you need cliche, radioactive goo for (besides decoration)? Plutonium-based weaponry? Idk!

• Green goo! Common liquid! Way deadlier than lava! Could the code for un-insulated wires damaging you be used for them? Obviously, a simple bucket wouldn't suffice to clean it up. Also, I think it'd be a nice challenge if the goo had crafting uses: Deliberately blow up to get goo.

But what could you need cliche, radioactive goo for (besides decoration)? Plutonium-based weaponry? Idk!

Heck even make the goo a byproduct of the reactor meltdown. Then you have to use waterproof iron pipes to transfer it underground into an iron capsule of some type to stop radiation leakage

• Waterproof iron pipes are not from IndustrialCraft, and I highly doubt we'll see a pipe system (or a necessity of them) in IC2.

• This sounds sorta cool, so i guess u can have a +1 :)
    I would like an option in the config to disabled this(especially for servers)

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• i support this, however, i do have somethings to add:
    -yes, there needs to be containment/cleanup options.
    -containment vessels should basically be a reactor minus the power/breeding capabilities. they produce heat, they melt down (bigger mess), do proximity damage if there is too much in them and have to be cooled.

--no, i don't think there needs to be any recipe to break it down. i'd even consider tossing the material into lava a method of disposal that should be looked down upon, so it shouldn't be able to be 'picked up.' however, the material should 'decompose' over a very long time if it is in a containment vessel. (let's face it, even if it was 24 hours of game-play, it's just going to sit and generate heat. this is no problem on servers, and single player shouldn't have much of an issue, because i for one have left a game running overnight for such things.)
    -this material shouldn't do damage to mobs, and might actually empower them (creepers to charged creepers, pigs to pigmen, spiders become poisonous)
    -as for transport, a 'hazpack' (backpack) that acts as a container, and is used with a tool (electric hoe?). the hazpack is put in a slot in the containment, where the material decomposes. the hazpack should hold 10 units and emit .5 heat for each unit of waste in it.
    -the waste, when on the ground, should use the same algroithm as lava for spreading. you have to get the source block. (make it a yellow lava 'cloud' with half a heart damage?)
    ...not to railroad your idea, but my thoughts on it.

edit:
    maybe the containment vessel could be supplied eu for containment...the more waste in it, the more eu it is going to require (ghostbuster's anyone?)

• my general idea is that you have to have a cleanup kit and equipment to reclaim any area damaged...even if it is just the reinforced stone reactor housing

• Official Post

If people really wants Radiation contamination i would suggest something like ICBM nuclear explosion radiation damage. (Turns blocks into contaminated ones which causes Hunger and Poison II and spreads contamination slowly) [And i don't know if it is CPU intensive]

• I do like the idea of a new "radiation block" basically, when a nuclear reactor is running it creates a unbreakable block. This block takes the texture of the block it replaced with a green tint (so the inner layer of your reactor would become tinted radioactive reinforced stone). It damages nearby players but will diminish over a long time. Then you could massively buff the output of a nuclear reactor while maintaining balance (who wants deadly green blocks lying around, after it is used you would be forced to shut off your reactors for a good while).

• I think fallout should be done on the base of lava. It is already quite annoying substance, and can flow. Just change color to green, kick it's nastiness a little bit, and call it a day.

Oh, Yes!
    We have blue and red liquids, add green one.

No source, just flow blocks. Flow as Lava, may be slower.
    Items flows slowly and have a small periodic chance to "sink" forever.
    Gives Hunger and Poison on contact instead of fire.
    Emit low lever light.

Is it possible?

• Official Post

And all blocks it touches gets contaminated. Transforming into a radiated variation which causes poisons and hunger when touched, if mined drops a radiated block which can be "cleaned" from radiation with special processes. While in player inventory damages it, unless wearing Rubber Suit.