Automatic reactor shutdown when MFS-unit is full, but with a twist!

• Hello there fellow industrialists

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask these questions, but I am quite sure many of you have an idea as to how I can solve my little nuclear reactor problem.

It should be quite simple to solve, but appearently I am not intelligent enough:

I have a reactor hooked up to a lever. Its signal is inverted so that when the handle is on (redstone on), the reactor is on (redstone off). (I did this simply by putting an inverter between the reactor and the handle.) I have an MFSU directly hooked up to the reactor with a fibre cable and it's set to emit a redstone signal when full.

Now, what I want to accomplish is for my reactor to turn off, as soon as the MFSU is full, BUT I still want to be able to shut the entire system off with the lever regardless of the signal from the MFSU. Is this possible using some kind of redstone logic gate? Or is there an even simpler solution?

I've tried looking doing searches on Google for a solution, but I couldn't seem to find anything that did exactly what I need.

Please help :S

Regards,
    ShamblerDK

• This setup should work, as the reactor shuts off when reciving a redstone signal, however this means the MFSU needs to be empty for it to work.
    If it doesn't work try rewireing the system

MinecraftCreeper =Ahh fuck!
    :Nuke TNT: = SHIT!
    MinecraftCreeper+ :Nuke TNT: =SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, WE ARE ALL CLUSTERFUCKED!!!!

• Official Post

Set MSFU to "Emit if full", connect it via Redstonewiring with the Lever, let the Redstone (which is now connected to both) run to a Redstonetorch, and let a wire run from it, to the Redstonetorch of your Reactor.

Now your Reactor is OFF, when the Lever is pulled or the MFSU is full, or both.

• If I understand you correctly, the reactor won't turn off when it receives the redstone signal from the MFSU, when the lever is on? I want the reactor to be off when it receives a redstone signal from the MFSU regardless of the lever position, but still be able to turn it off with the lever regardless of the redstone signal from the MFSU. I've spent a couple of hours trying to figure it out. I am using the logic gates from Redpower2, trying to make this work, though it seems my brain is incapable of wrapping itself around gate logic :(

• Official Post

If I understand you correctly, the reactor won't turn off when it receives the redstone signal from the MFSU, when the lever is on?

No, its:
    Lever ON => Reactor OFF
    MFSU full => Reactor OFF
    Lever ON, MFSU full => Reactor OFF
    Lever OFF, MFSU not full => Reactor ON

I've spent a couple of hours trying to figure it out. I am using the logic gates from Redpower2, trying to make this work, though it seems my brain is incapable of wrapping itself around gate logic :(

Use the OR-Gate and connect one Input to the MFSU and another Input to the Lever. The direct Output shuts your Reactor OFF.

• No, its:
    Lever ON => Reactor OFF
    MFSU full => Reactor OFF

The lever needs to be the highest control point. When the lever is redstone ON, the reactor may not turn itself ON for any reason. This is done simply with an inverter by the reactor. This means that my reactor will be on when the lever transmits a redstone signal. Simple. It gets hard when I want the reactor to turn off when the MFSU is full. That means it will have to turn off when it receives 2 x redstone signals but stay on if only the lever redstone signal is on.

• Wouldn't just not gate (torch) and wired or work? I don't think if you put mfsu in "emit if full" anything happens if redstone signal coming in is on.

• Official Post

No, its:
    Lever ON => Reactor OFF
    MFSU full => Reactor OFF

Right, I attached an image showing a boolean truth table of what I need. Makes it much simpler. And when I set it up like that, no wonder none of the standard logic gates can accommodate my needs :S

If you put a Redstonetorch behind your Lever, then you made out of my "Table" your Table. You just had to negate the Lever for this.