Power sockets

• It would be wonderful to have sockets that are mountable on walls, which cables could then connect to, rather than having to tear a hole in the wall whenever you want to transfer power through it. Sockets could (and probably should) even be in different tiers (LV, MV and HV).
    Basically imagine them working like repeaters work with regular redstone (they send the power THROUGH the block on all sides), except you'd need one on both the input and receiving side. It really would tidy up a lot of cable mess.

• I don't really see much of a use for this so long as construction foam can cover cables, if you don't want to use construction foam, you can't just run a cable under a floor? That seems to work and hide cables for me extremely efficiently. I might see a use if this acted as a converter from one cable type to another, but I think that mechanic would require too much coding to be worth it and we have transformers for both that, and what you suggested as an electric repeater (to some extent)

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I really didn't mean for it to have the same function as a repeater - only in the regards of being able to send power through a block.
    In regards to it being a converter - that would ruin it more than make it useful.
    I don't see it as a neccesary item as such - just a neat, tidy thing. And cables cannot always be run under floors.

EDIT: That being said, I did not know about the construction foam. That stuff is neat. It doesn't entirely do what I was looking for, but close enough. Now I just have to rebuild my entire factory using that stuff :(
    And it would be great if it worked with buildcraft pipes as well

• Official Post

Buildcraft pipes are other mod(s) items.

But RP2's pneumo tubes plus microblocks are better.

I image how awesome it would be, to have a combination of RP-Covers, RP-Bundled-Wire, RP-Redstone-Pneumatic-Tube, RP-Liquidtube, RP-Blutricwire and IC²-Glassfibrecables. (Oh and BC-Conductivepipes for all those Hipsters)

• I image how awesome it would be, to have a combination of RP-Covers, RP-Bundled-Wire, RP-Redstone-Pneumatic-Tube, RP-Liquidtube, RP-Blutricwire and IC²-Glassfibrecables. (Oh and BC-Conductivepipes for all those Hipsters)

No no no no. You are using the expression wrong (I think), BC its old stuff that some people still use (Ergo not cool anymore), while on the other hand RP being the new cool thing similar to BC but not entirely. Ergo anyone who used RP before it was "Cool" its the true hipster.

• No no no no. You are using the expression wrong (I think), BC its old stuff that some people still use (Ergo not cool anymore), while on the other hand RP being the new cool thing similar to BC but not entirely. Ergo anyone who used RP before it was "Cool" its the true hipster.

Yep. I also seem to remember a time when RP2 was ragged on for brokenness. Ie blockbreakers. forget why.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

No no no no. You are using the expression wrong (I think), BC its old stuff that some people still use (Ergo not cool anymore), while on the other hand RP being the new cool thing similar to BC but not entirely. Ergo anyone who used RP before it was "Cool" its the true hipster.

BC is pretty retro, in my inion!

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!