Rare ore? bug?

• Hello.
    I started a server to play with mods together with my friends.
    And after we played awhile we got like 2 stacks iron and copper but only 15 tin.
    Someone know what's wrong?
    Any help would be appriciated.

• What level were you mining at? Tin occurs way below where copper and iron are most common

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• it's just the way the ore generation works... tin has pretty much always been the 2nd rarest of the metals after gold.

Love thy Macerator.

"Why is that unhappy green pe*is running towards you?" - Minecraft first impressions live long.

• Tin seems to spawn most commonly at the diamond level, try looking there, and no, it's definitely the most common IC2 ore there is if you're mining for diamonds.

• it's definitely the most common IC2 ore there is if you're mining for diamonds.

uhhh... unless you're exclusively mining at near-bedrock levels, copper is by *far* the most abundant. Try setting up a bank of autominers at sea level... they'll pull easily twice as much copper as tin on a consistent basis - to the point where I don't even bother to macerate copper ore anymore. Hell, I don't even smelt it until my stocks drop - it just goes straight to the Recycler.

As for the depth tin spawns at - jppk is right in that regard; when checking the output from my autominers, tin is usually towards the bottom of the chest - indicating it gets mined at lower levels.

"Why is that unhappy green pe*is running towards you?" - Minecraft first impressions live long.

• You are recycling Copper? WHY?

Because the Bronze Age died out a long time ago.

Armor? Quantum. Wrenches? Electric. Iron replacement? At last tally I had well over 1500 Iron (my gf is a spelunker who cavemines prodigiously).
    And that's not even counting the rails pulled from abandoned mines...

Besides which, tin tends to get used on my world almost as soon as it's smelted... mostly it goes to empty cells for my pumps, batteries for use in other recipes, and ULV cabling. And, if ever my wish for stackable fuelcans becomes once again reality, there'll be yet another thing I'll need tin for. Copper, on the other hand, I have in abundance...

• Official Post

Because the Bronze Age died out a long time ago.

Armor? Quantum. Wrenches? Electric. Iron replacement? At last tally I had well over 1500 Iron (my gf is a spelunker who cavemines prodigiously).
    And that's not even counting the rails pulled from abandoned mines...

Besides which, tin tends to get used on my world almost as soon as it's smelted... mostly it goes to empty cells for my pumps, batteries for use in other recipes, and ULV cabling. And, if ever my wish for stackable fuelcans becomes once again reality, there'll be yet another thing I'll need tin for. Copper, on the other hand, I have in abundance...

Redpower needs large amounts of Copper/Tin to make its Machines. Guess what my remaining Copper is used. And Bronze is also a very important Part of Advanced Alloy. Railcraft can use Bronze perfectly for Rails (if you need them) and in Multiplayer/Framequarries are Rails pretty important, because they are immune to Chunkerrors while traveling, unlike the Q-Suit, and i also don't want to hold the Arrowkey permanently. And isn't Copper a good Buildingmaterial?

I just hate it, to waste Resources (even Cobblestone/Dirt since i have IC²-Recyclers).

• Official Post

Gregorius: Warning: Feature implemented without the implementer knowing in advance that it was present in an addon.

I suggested Bronzepiston and it got denied, so i had to make it myself (including the Scrapbox 45000 Amplifier and Slimeball to Rubber). Of course i will remove it, when it gets Part of Core-IC.

• @SneekyCreeper -- It could be an annoying coincidence. When I first switched to RP2 tin/copper, I had almost no tin; now I routinely find more of that than of iron.

Tin seems to spawn most commonly at the diamond level, try looking there, and no, it's definitely the most common IC2 ore there is if you're mining for diamonds.

Is it the most common, ore is it the one you have the most of? I have the same problem, even though I find as much copper as I do tin. The problem is that whenever I find copper, it goes into making brass/bronze/copper wiring for circuits/copper wiring for machines/LV Transformers/nuclear reactor components (those in particluar require a ludicrous amount of copper), while tin lacks those kinds of major uses.

As a matter of fact, almost all of tins uses are in conjunction with other metals -- brass and bronze are 3/4 copper, RP2 tinplates are 2/3 iron, RE batteries need 1/2 of a copper ingot, and even forestry electric engines can be greatly enhanced with large circuit boards (made of bronze) enhanced with (iirc) bronze or iron electron tubes. (I think it goes -- copper reduces EU consumption wastefully, tin reduces EU input effieciently, and bronze + iron increase power throughput). I think the only mostly-tin recipes out there are IC2 buckets, RE batteries, and forestry electric engines. The first two are very niche uses, and the latter. . . see above.

Edit: Aethir pointed out that cells are 100% tin. Stupid me forgot about that. Aethir also states that RE batteries see more use than I think they do; as I see it, its only use that is not in conjunction with other metal ingots is batboxes, which I don't use too much. I suppose I'm a bit unique that way. (Note that besides batboxes, RE batteries's only other crafting use is for electric tools, all of which require a circuit (3 copper) and often a good amount of refined iron to create.)

• Redpower needs large amounts of Copper/Tin to make its Machines. Guess what my remaining Copper is used. And Bronze is also a very important Part of Advanced Alloy. Railcraft can use Bronze perfectly for Rails (if you need them) and in Multiplayer/Framequarries are Rails pretty important, because they are immune to Chunkerrors while traveling, unlike the Q-Suit, and i also don't want to hold the Arrowkey permanently. And isn't Copper a good Buildingmaterial?

I just hate it, to waste Resources (even Cobblestone/Dirt since i have IC²-Recyclers).

Valid points, except: I don't use RP, my Reactor + chambers is already built, and I already have more rail than I know what to do with...
    Framequarries? I assume that's not referring to IC, lol. As for building with it - the vast majority of my building is with CF ;)

I know what you mean about not wanting to waste resources; but at present I really have more copper than I need.

addendum: RE Batteries as a 'very niche' item? whut the? they're essential for low voltage work (ie crafting batboxes) for one... and let's not forget Cells. Another thing to point out would be that not everyone uses an IC/RP/BC/Forestry build. Some of us only use IC.

Edited once, last by Aethir ().

• I mined in Caves and I found Copper on Mass but only a little Tin.
    When I place a Miner, I always get a lot of copper, and only some Tin(AND much gold, I have got(with Macerator) 2 Stacks of gold).
    So, I think, when I mine without maschines, I mine in Copper-Free Layers(Bedrock Layer) where I find much Tin, Iron, Coal, redstone, Diamonds and (useless) gold, and some Uranium too(but I don´t want a Reactor, I tested It in Creative and I saw how much Cooling I need), but no Copper. But I will never have Cooper Problems, because I sometimes(with a scanner) search Ore-Areas, where I can place the miner, ,and I have got MANY copper in a chest(I think 6 or 7 stacks).