Equivalent Exchange Divining Rod like ore scanner

• So a new ore scanner that can detect diamonds with selectable range, like this:
    http://equivalentexchange.wikispaces.com/Divining+Rod
    Uses: Easier mining
    As far as I know, divining rod is not overpowered, but I think the recipe should include energy crystal instead of battery, because somehow equivalent exchange have more efficient matter to energy exchange than IC2, so I think this may need more power than the divining rod. The range can be selected using the IC2 mode select button, and there is 3 range selection, which is 64, 16 and 3 blocks.

Power consumption:
    64 blocks: 1000 EU
    16 blocks: 100 EU
    3 blocks: 50 EU

When you right click this, the chat should display the most valuable ore,the second valuable ore and the third valuable ore.
    Like this: Ores detected: Best: Diamond 2nd: Gold 3nd: Iron

EDIT:
    Yes, I do know that Industrial craft 2 already have OV scanner, but the range is too short, only 9 blocks, but equivalent exchange divining rod can go until 64 blocks. Maybe 42 blocks is not overpowered?

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

Edited once, last by thepowdertoy ().

• Wow that sounds almost EXACTLY like the function of the OV Scanner, except not completely overpowered like the divining rod and the whole copying directly from EE for an IC2 tool

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I personally like the idea of a scanner like the divining rod. Like the OV scanner, except it gives the value of the most valuable ore found.

Well then instead of an EE copy using eus he should suggest an upgrade to the already existing OV scanner that would list the most valuable ores inside of like a 12x12x12 radius

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Yes, I think it is a good idea, and maybe a range upgrade will be fine.

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• You're obviously looking for a diamond finder; go into your IC config file and set the value of diamond ore (or whatever it is you want) to like a thousand. Any abnormally high OV scanner reading is what you want. Voila.