Suggestion: increased Inventory size

• It would be really nice to have the possibility to carry more things in late game.

Perhaps some kind of quantum storage device thats you can open from your inventory, and would consume energy when putting things inside.

Either you could get a few of these to further increase things you can carry, or they would just all "open" to the same stash. Possibly even to the same stash of all players on a server!

Another possibility to carry large amounts of stuff to other places would be to give the planned robot a considerable amount of storage space, or perhaps a special kind of transportation robot.

• transportation robot: definently a good idea :thumbup:

quantnum storage: maybe if you link them to quantnum chests with a freq. thingy (forgot the name), and can only be taken out through the quantnum remote?

• Hm... i don't know about the coding of such a thing, but as for myself i aint really sure X(
    I'm quite against unrealistic implement (there's already enough of it ; P)
    More inventory is always usefull, but i would say a transport robot is the greatest idea and i would add it should consume lots of energy

• To be honest with you, I've never been a fan of NPC's due to horrendous path finding. However, I would love the idea of a quantam portable storage device. Would make moving bases a lot easier :P

• Tamed wolf + chest minecart == chest entity that will follow you...

there is no reason to carry stuff lategame, you may pickup few stacks of stone pipes, some obsidian and some gold and build transportation line back to home, this will allow you to mine nonstop.

• Without buildcraft is the point of a storage robot, or quantnum chest, but in latergame, this will be what will be used(implemented in 1.0, I think)

• Very interesting, this lessens the need for an increased inventory a bit.

Though it would still be nice to carry a few more gadgets around ^^

• there is no reason to play IC without BC.

with pipes you allowed to send resources back to base for automated processing without any limits.

obsidian pipes allow to send entire stacks over pipes.

• You cant assume everyone has buildcraft.

Possible reasons for not getting it:
    incompatibility with other mods
    not liking it

there is a forge BC so that solves incompatibility as long as you have block ID's which is not that that big of an issue esp if modders start using meta values more often. and as for not liking it you can just get the transport part of it if that's all you care about.

• there is a forge BC so that solves incompatibility as long as you have block ID's which is not that that big of an issue esp if modders start using meta values more often. and as for not liking it you can just get the transport part of it if that's all you care about.

Some people are lazy and don't want to change their slot ID's so they can get shit to work right... >.>

More to the point: Quantum Storage would be neat. Kinda like the D&D version of 'bag of endless pockets' where as you put stuff in, objects would sit in another 'realm' waiting to be pulled out...

Actually, this might be better for an alchemy mod... *thinks*

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• the backpack mod is compatible w/ IC2...
    what it is

note:

• If some kind of "subspace pocket" device was created it should lose power over time. When depleted everything in the pocket is lost.

So dont forget to recharge!

• If some kind of "subspace pocket" device was created it should lose power over time. When depleted everything in the pocket is lost.

So dont forget to recharge!

Or it could just collapse. This would cause an explosion, creeper sized, and make all of the items go flying away and make a big mess.

• I couldn't get it to work with me... odd...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• So I thought about the "Dimensional Pocket" a little more.

Here are my thoughts:

• Inserting or removing items cost a set amount of power per item.
    • Upon depletion explode at the players position (small) and toss the items everywhere. The pocket is destroyed in the process.
  • So I thought about the "Dimensional Pocket" a little more.

Here are my thoughts:

• Inserting or removing items cost a set amount of power per item.
    • Upon depletion explode at the players position (small) and toss the items everywhere. The pocket is destroyed in the process.

I like this Idea if and only if you are able to recharge your pocket. My personal thoughts are that the pocket might take 200k eus to reach full charge, and would deplete 10k eu's per use. This way the pocket would not take a small amount of energy so as to make people think before every time they use the device.