Miner output?

• I was just wondering if it's possible to attach a pipe to the miner/pump rather than a chest? I've tried but nothing seems to work, while the pipe attaches fine the object just pops out the top next to the pipe. I really like the miner vs the quarry, but it's quite painful to move it around and set it up compared to the quarry. Is it possible to supply mining pipes to the miner automatically, if it's higher up than 64 units? Most people seem to use the quarry so hard to find any info on tips and tricks with the miner/pump combos.

• Hi there.
    I'm a bit of a fan of this sort of thing myself.
    If your using redpower, you can use a relay (in the most recent release of IC) next to the miner to put stuff into tubes.
    Also, if your familiar with sided inventories, the top is the input for the pipes slot, so if you want to put more pipes in then put them in through the top.
    Note: do not put a relay directly above the miner facing down, as the relay will fill up with ores and not output your pipes nicely.
    hope that helps!
    p.s. a relay is an item that has a three by three slot and puts anything in that slot into a tube in front of it. the miner fills up the slot, the relay puts it into pipes.

• Miners only output to adjacent inventory or the surface

Do you have redpower?
    - If so, use a Relay, in the latest version if ic2 I think the miner outputs to relays. (In older versions I think the inventory size of relay was considered too small by the miner)
    - For pipes, place a pneumatic tube on top of miner and a relay on top of the tube. Fill relay with pipe it will go into miner when there is space.

N.B. Just tested the basic setup but it should work when the miner is fully operating.

If you don't have redpower you can do similar with buildcraft but you need the advanced insertion pipe from addition buildcraft objects or additional pipes sub-mod for BC.

Edit: ninja'd while I was testing >.>

• it's still a pain to rebuild this system everytime you have to move your miner. get chummy with frames and build it on a frameplatform would be my advice. aside from that all other questions have already been answered.

• The frame is such a fuss to construct. The worst part are the controls, one direction is "fine" but beyond that, I can't even figure out how to make it go up or down. Wouldn't be so hard if the engine would always stick to the frame.

• The frame is such a fuss to construct. The worst part are the controls, one direction is "fine" but beyond that, I can't even figure out how to make it go up or down. Wouldn't be so hard if the engine would always stick to the frame.

yeah, the mainproblem with framemotors is that they behave like a frame for the top side, but like a normal block for all other sides. that can be seriously confusing when building more complex things with them.
    here's the most simple design for a frame motor.
    Compact 6-Axis Frame Engine
    it has the little flaw that the up/down engines get stuck cause they have no power source when in moved position, but that's easily fixable. it's a very simple design and perfect to understand the basics of how frame motors work.
    you also don't need wireless redstone. everything can be wired downwards into a control centre