Compact energy storage

• Hi guys,

I just wanted some input to energy storage,

right now I have 44 mfsu in 4 rows,

:Glass Fibre: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :Glass Fibre: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit:
    :Glass Fibre: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :Glass Fibre: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit: :MFS-Unit:

Like this,
    yes they are connected in the middle for an even distribution of energy.

My problem is now I need more storage and more output,

I can’t get ideas for a compact design,

hope you could help me

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• More?

• No
    I got no space for mooooaaar.

I want dedicated energy storage under my new base.

At the moment I got an energy input of about 1900 eu/s.

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• We need Ultimate MFSU with 100 bilion storage!!

Honestly I wouldn't suggest it. Why you need so much energy? Mass fab can use any amount (in 512 EU packets). There is nothing else which would take so much energy in reasonable time.
    You can also use electrolysers, one block with hydrogen cells in chests stores 3 times the capacity of mfsu, and really sick amounts with diamond chests. Unfortunately they discharge slowly. If you are rich you could alternatively use lapotron crystals.

• i dont like redpower /buildcraft therefore i dont use it
    my 8 nuclear reaktors and my energy tower of moderate doom have a high enough output,
    i want to build a big windfarm with solars ontop and for that i need more storage

• Read this forum topic i started awhile, it will tell you the benefits of wiring storage units in different ways.
    [Question] Parallel v. series

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Diamond Chest full of Laptrons seems like your best option, despite the huge expense...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Diamond Chest full of Laptrons seems like your best option, despite the huge expense...

nice idea, a chest with lapotrons can hold more EU than a MFSU. except from that, use a third dimension to place the MFSU's. you can't make them smaller so a block with only MFSU's is already the smallest design.

• Most compact energy storage is, naturally, uranium blocks. One stack of them is 40 billion eu. Sadly, it requires a complex machinery to tap in.

Overall, energy storage in IC is very, very inferior to energy production. Energy is use it, or lose it. Not that much unlike RL, actually.

• I have
    enough input (roughly 2.6k eu)

and my whole output gets to 3 massfabs.

my storage isn’t sufficient when I want to upgrade my energy production,

I get too much for my mfsu to output, that’s why I short wired the output of my
    mfsu and energy production to get some matter.

I now want to make a big energy storage system underground... I will carve out
    space near my base and fill it up with cf.

but I don’t have an idea how I can make a modular compact energy storage where I
    can access them for measuring the energy level.

What I want as output is about 10k-30k eu so I can quickly access to a huge
    amount of matter.

no other mods then IC² no Laptroncrystalls in chests, just plain mfsus.

• no other mods then IC² no Laptroncrystalls in chests, just plain mfsus.

that's pretty much the problem. it would be a not even noteworthy effort to build something with RP2 wiring/logic to let your last MFSU's emit a signal once full and stop all generators to not waste fuel.
    on the other hand is RP2 only making things smaller and easier to handle. with clever placing of your generators/MFSU's and some normal redstone logic arrays (those big things with torches people already created years ago before RP1) you could do this. those logic gates should still be somewhere on the minecraft wiki.

• i already did that with mfus stopping my reactors when full but it went out of hand...

iam too lazy to learn the mechanics of redpower...
    i tried it but couldt get used to it (or buildcraft).

• Just wondering, what r u gonna run with all that power?! If its for massfab (what else) then I would place all the mfsu's output side up and run wires along both the bottom and top of every mfsu. Then make input connect somewhere on the bottom, and somewhere along the top, put a spliter cable connected to massfab. Then, run redstone to a lever. Pull lever for uu.
    With this design, every mfsu outputs at the same time and u will never need more storage, becaue u will be able to output all the energy at once.

Optional, put an inverter (realy easy, even with normal redstone) in the redstone line and use a button in place of a lever. This will make the massfab default to off, and when u press the button, it will turb on the massfab for a few ticks, and make a bit of uu.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• that is an idea how i wanted it ....
    thanks i will do that i already made a hole and put cf for the walls