MCforge messes up the game

• I'm trying to do a clean install of MC with industrial craft, buildcraft and a few others. So far I have installed modloader and optifine with no issues (in the order specified on the wiki). Before installing MCforge I tested out the texture pack I had chosen (dokucraft 1.2.5) and without mcpatcher or any other intervention, the textures loaded up perfectly without an issue. I then installed mcforge (moved everything in the rar to the MC.jar) and fired up MC to see that HD textures has been disabled (ie water is just plain blue; lava is plain red) with no fire or particles. Optifines ability for zooming in with the ctrl key has also been removed.

My previous MC copy had this problem as well and I didn't really care then, however I would like to have it working as it should now. Not sure how I can fix this :(

EDIT: I also cannot patch to HD using MCpatcher as even though the patcher is the correct version of my minecraft, it says that MC is a old version. The HD option is greyed out.

• Modloader is now already Part of Forge, so no need to install Modloader.

Ah my bad then.

Ok. This is what I did from a clean install. I put in forge, then optifine in that order. Placed dokucraft in the texture packs folder and fired it up. For a few seconds it looked like everything was as it should, however it then crashed with no log (just black screen). any subsequent startups crash when loading

• Is it possible someone can send me their minecraft jar file with these mods loaded? I cannot get any different combinations to work at all.

• It is possible, but illegal.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• No.

It might be helpful if you gave the version numbers to things instead of just the name. Also why not try without optifine first and see if it works?

• Ok, thanks for your replies. I've reinstated my previous installation, the one which worked, but with the dogy water and lava textures. I then replaced the previous optifine installation with the one I downloaded today and all is well. A real mind bender I must admit! Thanks again

• Im having a hard time with the mcforge and optifine I downloaded mcforge first and it worked perfectly . Next I downloaded optifine , how I would usually do when using mod loader, like put all the .class files to the minecraft.jar folder . Im a mac user , so its hard to find any Optifine mod installer but if I do find any I would also need to find for my other mods... I really want the NEI or Not Enough Items but I need McForge but I just cant seem to run my mods from the modloader... Really confused and need help :wacko:

• Wait. I am noticing you said your on 1.2.5. I dont know about anyone else but 1.3 was when installing mods got easy. I dont know if it is optifine or mc forge. Can u shoot me a link to your error log. I might be able to help as i had a similar problem at 1.2.5. Even though the best versions of mods were back then. I am on 1.5.1 but i still onow my error log history. Thanks

computer industrial build rail craft hidden combination

built to perfection