My reactor keeps exploding...and idk why.

• I'm on a tekkit multiplayer server that includes ee, so I have a condenser pumping ice via a receiver every 6 seconds. I also have a remote thermal monitor connected to the reactor that shuts it off if it goes above 500 heat (which I have seen it do, and I've checked the wiring three times). That monitor also has a fully charged lapotron crystal powering it that I never let go below 50%, and it's also hooked up to my main mfsus as well.
    From my experience, the receiver does not pump in ice when I am not there, but the reactor will continue to work and build up heat (which is what the remote thermal monitor is for).
    But what is REALLY confusing to me is that I have another reactor with almost the EXACT same setup that hasn't exploded once, whereas this one has exploded about 4 times. Is there something I'm not seeing?? I've turned down the interval for which the receiver is putting in ice, and my condenser always has plenty of ice in it.
    The only real difference between this reactor and the broken one is that it has two condensers hooked into it...but I don't see how that would be an issue. There is plenty of ice. That and the tubing may be a different length.
    The server is using:
    mod_IC2 v1.97
    mod_IC2NuclearControl v1.1.10
    And all the RedPower is 2.0pr5b2

• 1. Long distance chunks are unloaded and your setup goes boom because there is not enough buffer/autoshutdown
    2. Tekkit be Tekkit. They have a forum too.
    3. Pictures are more clear, I can't see the mess at it is now, so that would be favourable to identify the issue :)

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• 1. These 2 reactors are for the most part in the same chunk. But I'll be honest with you I don't 100% get what you mean.
    2. Aaah that's right. I'm sorry. This has always just been the place I went to to learn about reactors.
    3. I figured, I g2g to school now though, but I will post some when I get back.
    Thank you for the quick response though!

• So yea it exploded again. Two blocks underneath on the side are transposers that suck in what's left over from the explosion.
    (Explosion damage is turned off in the server). The timer was set for every 5 seconds, to power the receiver, to pump in ice.
    On the left is x4 insulated cable being converted from EV to HV, and to the right is red alloy wire hooked into--first a lever to manually
    turn it off and second, the remote thermal monitor. Which you see here...

being powered by my mfsus and a lapotron crystal.
    Here is the setup of what it would look like if the nuke was un-exploded:

This is from my working nuke that has never exploded. The differences?

It's mostly encased by reinforced stone, there are 2 condensers to pull ice from instead of 1. The left lever opens the door, the right keeps
    the information panel on. The manual shut off switch is attached to the left wall (not in the picture).
    That's all of the significant pictures, but just in case there's something I'm missing, here are some more:

The red alloy wire looping over the top goes from the manual switch-->reactor.
    Bottom wire: Remote thermal monitor-->reactor.
    Ice is pulled from the condenser, and the excess goes into the alchemical chests. Which I should really make a more efficient system but
    that's another deal.

And yes the red alloy wire is physically on the side of the reactor, not next to it. Same with the remote thermal monitor.
    And yes the receiver is getting power via blue alloy wire.
    I may end up getting the monitor that is physically attached to the reactor, preventing any kind of redstone issue.
    But then again, why is this reactor having problems, when the other one is almost identical? :S

Thank you very much for yalls help!

• Try putting the ice on the top row, the way the reactor calculates heat is weird and little things like this can make a huge difference in designs using water buckets and ice

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Ok so I put the ice in the top row...and it made a huge difference. But not in a good way. It heated up much quicker, and the remote thermal monitor was turning it off every second. That's pretty interesting to know though! I probably would have done that on my own anyway. Good to know!

• Official Post

Ok so I put the ice in the top row...and it made a huge difference. But not in a good way. It heated up much quicker, and the remote thermal monitor was turning it off every second. That's pretty interesting to know though! I probably would have done that on my own anyway. Good to know!

No wonder because Ice in bottomrow IS BETTER. And the calculation is not weird, its simple. Its just iterating the Components:
    Toprow from left to right, then Secondrow from left to right, ... then Bottomrow from left to right.

• No wonder because Ice in bottomrow IS BETTER. And the calculation is not weird, its simple. Its just iterating the Components:
    Toprow from left to right, then Secondrow from left to right, ... then Bottomrow from left to right.

Oh, I think it was kevindude a while back that made a reactor with ice on the top row and it seemed to do fine, having never made an ice reactor, I guess I am not liable to know this kind of stuff.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• So the dev for the server helped me out and basically recommended that I fit everything into one chunk. That's pretty much what ya'll were saying too wasn't it? None of my reactors have exploded since. It worked. I didn't want to post here until I knew for sure, but it's been a while and I think it's safe to say that it did work. Thanks everyone for your help, and I hope this thread helps out some people in the future.

• Well he has created stuff like lwc plugins for our server that have been extremely helpful, so I certainly think he qualifies to be called a dev..for our server anyways. That's what the owner of the server calls him too. Not a developer for tekkit as a whole but for plugins and such for our server in particular.