Suggestion: advanced grinding machine.

• No, not more efficient. Just fast one.
    Now we have an awesome induction furnace with the amazing smelting speed, but... You should macerate the ores first. Macerator is good, but it is very slow. Yes, you can use two, four, eight of them, but it is not very comfortable. And if you want to build an automatic factory (with buildcraft), there are no easy way to split ores evenly between some macerators (and you should use a set of macerators for each type of ore), so i think, we need an advanced one.

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• No, not more efficient. Just fast one.
    Now we have an awesome induction furnace with the amazing smelting speed, but... You should macerate the ores first. Macerator is good, but it is very slow. Yes, you can use two, four, eight of them, but it is not very comfortable. And if you want to build an automatic factory (with buildcraft), there are no easy way to split ores evenly between some macerators (and you should use a set of macerators for each type of ore), so i think, we need an advanced one.

I love the Idea of an advanced macerator that grinds faster but you see I don't exactly want to copy the idea for the induction furnace. How cool would it be if the macerator could give you more bang for your buck, or in other words more ore dust per oar block.

My idea is simple, start out inefficiency and become more efficient as the macerator gets faster.

• level one, get one oar dust per oar block
    • level two, get two oar dust per oar block
    • level there, get three oar dust per oar block

There would be only three levels of speed so as not to make it too much more efficient.

The recipe would be simple, very similar to the induction furnace but would include diamonds and obsidian( the hardest and the sharpest objects) instead on copper.

O D O
    D M D
    O A o

{O=obsidian; D=diamonds; M=macerator; A=advanced machine}

• It is SUPPOSED to be something like induction furnace (but no warm-up), it is desined to satisfy the speed of the induction furnace. Fast furnace needs the fast grinder.

Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• sry you do not like my Idea. I see what you mean, 1 macerator produces 2 items and the IN furnace has 2 slots so therefore if the macerator an the IN furnace were going at the same speed then they would mach up perfectly.

second if a fourth tier was added you could keep up with the IN furnace in half the speed.

but hey does anybody else like my idea

• No, i don't mean that they should have exatly the same speed, but we really need a fast grinder... More efficient one... Well it will be nice, but it is too overpowered. The macerator already gives you very big advantage in terms of efficiency.

• So, is it "No"? ^__^

Factories - is not the only usage of the fast grinder... For example - coal macerating is very slow process. And usually you need a lot of coal dust. Also, AFAIR, now macerator can't generate dusts as fast as basic electric furnace can smelt them...

• Official Post

So, is it "No"? ^__^

Factories - is not the only usage of the fast grinder... For example - coal macerating is very slow process. And usually you need a lot of coal dust. Also, AFAIR, now macerator can't generate dusts as fast as basic electric furnace can smelt them...

Get 3 Macerators :3 then they can keep up the speed with an ElecFurnace.

• I would like to see an advanced macerator that is faster too. I don't necessarily think that it should yield more dust just be able to process the dust faster. This way you wouldn't have to make a half a dozen macerators to keep up with the induction furnace.

All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in
    the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find
    that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
    for they dream their dreams with open eyes, and make them come true.
    --T.E. Lawrence

• Why not just give the machines a high-power mode? Apply redstone to it and it will start drawing twice the amount of energy but finish operations in half the time.

• Official Post

I like this idea. It would have to come at a cost though, probably above the 3-4x power usage. Maybe a small chance to break the machine? Although tbh, it would probably be easier to just create a new machine that does the job. As that's not on the cards at the minute, I guess we'll see what happens. :D

• I take it as a challenge to build an efficient well-timed factory. Also if you use binary splitting with BC pipes you'll get approximately even splits starting at about 10-15 items per output. So you can split a 64 stack evenly into 4 macerators quite nicely. Or you can just have an obsidian pipe recovery system which would redistribute surplus input from one machine to other machines which have stack space open.