MFSU's in Parallel

• I've noticed that whenever I try to wire my generators to multiple MFSU's, the generators stop. The only way for me to charge multiple MFSU's is to have all my generator go to 1 MFSU, and then have the output from that one go to another MFSU and so on.

More info:
    I have 6 banks of geothermal generators, each with 12 generators. All of them connect to a central glass fibre line that eventually divides back into 6 banks of 12 MFSU's each.
    If I connect one MFSU to the trunk line, it works just fine, but if connect more than 2, the generators turn off.
    For the banks of MFSU's I plan to have a cable under each MFSU to feed it, and a cable going from the output face back into the trunk line (which will also feed any machines that need it).

Gallery

• How much glass fibre cabling is connected together? Is it possible that you aren't receiving power because of the distance loss of connecting the extra MFSU's?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• It's quite strange. I've set up the MFSU's to only take in power from the bottom (not input/output from sides or top). But adding a 2nd will sometimes make them all stop charging, and this is guaranteed to happen by the 4th. Similarly, after removing all the MFSU's, I will have to add/remove one several times before it finally starts charging.

Maybe IC is having trouble keeping up with the cabling system?

In the meantime, I've come up with a kludge. I'm just putting an MFSU on each generator bank, and will feed all of that to a trunk line for my machines.

• Not quite sure if you just totally ignored SpnX's post or not...

But connecting the Geothermals to something that uses energy, i.e. machines, results in the 'blinking'. I'd guess because the machine receives a packet of power and tells the network it doesn't need any more power -> Geothermals turn off -> Then it needs power again -> geothermals turn on -> repeat. Also in your case, you've created a loop around your MFSU, which may also be contributing to them problem.

Basically like SpwnX said, separate the generation and consumption networks. (Placing your MFSU at the end of each bank has done this, but SpwnX's solution is probably cheaper. ;) I had this problem the other day and just threw and MFE in the line because of the way my E-net is set up.

• SpwnX, thanks for the diagram. I made 2 networks, which stopped the blinking. Some of the MFSU's still didn;t charge, but I've changed the wring scheme quite a bit, and that is no longer a problem.

Thanks!

• Sorry if this is a bit late; but sometimes IC2 is a bossy boots and will completely fill one MFSU before filling another. You can alternate how it sends out redstone to create some sort of EU filter, but it seems SpwnX has helped out. :D