It has begun

• So, it has begun, but where is tutorial or anything ? Is this going to be agriculture-like secret or am I too hasty ?

Uranium cells have been nerfed (partially).
    Single cell = 5 EU/t up to 10EU/t?
    Dual cell = 20 EU/t up to 20 EU/t?
    Quad cell = 60 EU/t up to 120 EU/t?
    ? - depends on chamber count

Coolant cells:
    - now only store heat
    - 3 tiers: 10K, 30K, 60K of storage

Heat exchangers:
    - work like old Heat dispenzers
    Normal: enchange heat among hull and domponents and itself (1x)
    Advanced: does the same as normal but faster (2x)
    Reactor: are faster too, but work only with hull (3x)
    Component: faster but work only with components, can't pass heat to vents (2x)

Heat vents:
    - remove its own heat
    Normal: normal speed (1x)
    Advanced: faster (2x?)
    Reactor: can absorb heat from hull (<1x?)
    Component: can absorb heat from nearby components (1x?)
    Overclocked: can absorb heat from hull (2-3x?)

Neutron reflectors:
    - increase efficiency of cells
    - Single cell: +10EU/t per cell
    - Double cell: +20EU/t per cell
    - Quad cell: +40EU/t per cell
    various types differ only in heat stored

Hull plating:
    - probably affect reactor heat resistance and maybe the amount of heat exchanged with components

RSH and LZH condensers:
    - will always receive heat
    - difference in the amount of heat stored (LZH can store more)
    - don't break on reaching max heat

I say !

Edited 5 times, last by raGan ().

• It depends on chamber count.
    6/36/116 with 6 chambers.

EDIT: not really. Maybe creative mode has different values?

• Hm... I got same numbers with 5 chambers and enegry isn't even transferred when i connect cable to a chamber, so 6 chamber one gives 0.
    Nope. It was bug with cables (MFSU getting energy and cables showing 0EU/t). It is 60EU/t with quad cell and 6 chambers.

• Quad uranium cell surrounded by 4 thick neutron reflectors gives 280 EU/t. Didn't find a way to cool it yet.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• So...

1. Coolant cells now only store the heat.
    There's a heating cell too and looks like it will never deplete.

2. Heat exchangers are working like integrated heat dispensers.
    Normal and advanced ones will exchange heat with components and reactor. (1x speed)
    Component heat exchanger will only work with components. (2x speed)
    Reactor heat exchanger will get heat from reactor and store it in itself. (3x speed)

3. Heat vents will remove the heat.
    Normal and advanced - will remove the heat accumulated in heat vent. (1x and 2x speed)
    Reactor - will take the heat directly from reactor. (?x speed, but looks slower than normal)
    Overclocked - all above (probably 2x or 3x).

4. Neutron reflectors will increase the efficiency of cells.
    Single cell: +10 eu/t per cell (100% boost)
    Double cell: +20eu/t per cell (50% boost)
    Quad cell: +40eu/t per cell (25% boost)
    The only difference is the amount of heat stored.

5. Plating will probably affect reactor heat resistance and maybe the amount of heat exchanged with components

6. RSH and LZH condensators will always receive heat, apparently the difference in the amount of heat stored (LZH can store more).
    They don't break on reaching max heat. Idk what are those for.

• Quad uranium cell surrounded by 4 thick neutron reflectors gives 280 EU/t. Didn't find a way to cool it yet.

Does it deplete faster or only output is increased ?

Tutorial is in the writing. For the time being, happy nuking :P

Thanks for releasing anyway. Strange bug with cabling+reactor occurred for me though, I will try to find out how to duplicate it.

• It was strange. There was cable connecting reactor and mfsu, but no energy flow could be measured. Energy stored in MFSU was increasing though. I hve to investigate more later.
    What I did was:
    Placed reactor, added glass fiber to the side and lever on top.
    Added MFSU on the other end of the cable.
    Then removed cable and lever and added 6 chambers.
    No energy was flovwing when i added redstone signal.
    Added glass fiber connecting top of top chamber and top of mfsu.
    Provided redstone signal and thats when it happened.

• Just to tell you all, the old reactor that can generate high power output, which is microcycle reactor and CASUC will not work here.

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• With a 'Quad Uranium Cell', this would even increase to a maximum of 7 pulses.
    I don't get that one yet.
    Single cell pulses once 5EU/t - 2 touching pulse twice per cell - 20EU/t
    Dual cell pulses twice per cell 20EU/t - 2 touching pulse 1.5 times per cell-combo - 60EU/t
    Quad cell pulses 3 times per cell 60EU/t - 2 touching pulse 1.33 times per cell-combo - 160EU/t

Arent we actually losing efficiency ?

I say !

Edited 3 times, last by raGan: I have to absorb this. ().

• Official Post

Simple cells have one 'self-pulse' and are x1.
    Dual cells have two 'self pulses' and are x2.
    Quad Cells have three self-pulses adn are x4.

Self pulses + up to 4 surrounding cells/reflectors = efficiency.

xY indicates the amount of cells Y. The whole heat & energy calculation will 'finally' be multiplied by Y. (in-code, it's simply repeated 4 times to ensure 100% accurate heat distribution)

• From what i see, reactors are nerfed into oblivion. There is no cooling dissipation elements anymore, so reactor can only make as much energy as surrounding water can dissipate, i.e. 30 eu/t - ish.

Edit: Ah, dissipating elements are called heat vents now. Hmm...

• Just to tell you all, the old reactor that can generate high power output, which is microcycle reactor and CASUC will not work here.

What? broken RP based exploit was nerfed? That's a shame /sarcasm

Although I do wonder if the 'heat' in this reactor system can be bled off via an IC API function... if that's the case, I might take up coding to do an addon that takes advantage of this excess heat (in a way)...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• From what i see, reactors are nerfed into oblivion. There is no cooling dissipation elements anymore, so reactor can only make as much energy as surrounding water can dissipate, i.e. 30 eu/t - ish.

Not really, use heat vents. I just made a 4x dual uranium cell prototype that produces 160EU/t and can run for about 2/3 cycles without half of the components even being used for cooling.