[OFFICIAL] List of good reactor designs

• I found out today while playing with the nuclear reactor planner that 4 Overclocked Heat Vents and 2 Component Heat Vents are able to cool a Quad Uranium Cell indefinitely. Using this new knowledge, I made this.
    [/url]http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…w0c8o00ukbskh7iwxjdtzffnk[/url]
    If anyone could improve this and make a breeder (hopefully one that could make enough cells for this reactor), I would be SOOOOO happy.
    Why is the woot face in there? There is no woot in the url.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…w0c8o00ukbskh7iwxjdtzffnk
    REPORT: 8 & o next to eachother = 8o

How do I change the "Tree Cutter" to "Nuclear Maniac" under my username? :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: Uranium

Edited once, last by radiation975 ().

• If you want to use a random selection of quad, dual and single cells, then you could also use this. And the 4 overclocked heat vents and 2 component heat vents is known for a while. I helped to improve it into this reactor.

• yes, it is a Mk-2 it has cooldown, the planner calculate with it apparently...
    nice feature i would say

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• I think I've got a nice new reactor design which uses nothing more than single uranium cells. I'm trying to shoot for the highest efficiency with no running costs. It's my first design, so there may well be room for improvement.

• Link: Mark I EB
    • Eu/tick: 165
    • Efficiency: 3.67
    • Cost: Iron 187, Copper 416, Tin 49, Gold 40
    • Running costs: 0 UU

Edit: And here's another based on the same concept that increases efficiency, output, and cost.

• Link: Mark I EB
    • Eu/tick: 230
    • Efficiency: 3.83
    • Cost: Iron 282, Copper 588, Tin 86, Gold 56
    • Running costs: 0 UU
  • 1, 2, 3 and 4.

1: 60 EU/t hybrid, which produces the 4 cells it needs in a cycle without extra replacing of cells.
    2: 105 EU/t (94.1 overall) with efficiency 3.5.
    3: My cheap reactor, but as a hybrid (also produces the number of cells it uses in a cycle).
    4: 90 EU/t, 6 cell hybrid, but it isn't as good, because 2 depleted isotope cells need to be replaced during the cycle.

This isn't really good, but here it is anyway.

• Everything in the spoiler is not allowed to be in this thread (the reactors use Greytech components), but if you want to read it, go ahead.

Edited 13 times, last by SSD ().

• http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…180xkuv8vqkpexojnqnmt07x9
    it is a mk-1
    when it is at 28k heat the heating cell will stopo produce heate so....
    just remember to set the heat to your desired level.

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)

• The OP says no mods other than IC2. GT shouldn't go in there.

But if Rick allows it, add this design. No need to give me credit, it's an idiotproof design. (Credits actually should go to Greg for inventing the thorium cells in his addon.)
    EA*

• The OP says no mods other than IC2. GT shouldn't go in there.

But if Rick allows it, add this design. No need to give me credit, it's an idiotproof design. (Credits actually should go to Greg for inventing the thorium cells in his addon.)
    EA*

That is horrible inefficient. throw away a chamber and a good chunk of the reactor vents (which use too much copper imo) and you can make this with a fraction of the cost:
    EA*

• That is horrible inefficient. throw away a chamber and a good chunk of the reactor vents (which use too much copper imo) and you can make this with a fraction of the cost:
    EA*

Hehe yours is better. I just tend to treat copper like dirt and use it in excessive amounts.
    Let's go to Greg's thread instead, this isn't the place to discuss this (I think?)
    But before we leave: 4 Quad-Th-Cell 6-Chamber

• That is horrible inefficient. throw away a chamber and a good chunk of the reactor vents (which use too much copper imo) and you can make this with a fraction of the cost:
    EA*

Sure but since this isn't related to vIC2 let's go to Greg's thread.
    And here (at Greg's Thread, again) I compiled a list of thorium/plutonium-based reactor designs.

• Sure but since this isn't related to vIC2 let's go to Greg's thread.
    And here (at Greg's Thread, again) I compiled a list of thorium/plutonium-based reactor designs.

oh well can you add this to the list It is a 2 chamber system which uses dual plutonium in the middle and uranium on the outside core areas it produces a good 140 eu for 5 hours and Is pretty cost effective except (for having to get 4 uu) here is the design.

I thought it was pretty efficient but thats up to you to decide.

edit randomly adding stuff to it you can output about 168 eu for 13 hours 8| (though after 5 hours it goes down drastically so here is the system eu amount 168 eu for 2 hours= 124 eu for 3 hours = 5 eu 8| for the net seven hours) instead of just 140 for 5 (same system applies after 2 hours it goes down to like 124 eu) this one uses 2 dual plutonium cells, 2 dual uranium cells, 1 uranium cell and 1 dual thorium cell. Here is the design again not as cheep but still a good design

also off topic why can we not see any ic machines in factorizations router

• YU NO READ THA RULES